PDA

View Full Version : OK, so now I am excited... (merged - Emmah's Trip Report)

Pages : [1] 2

emmah
01-11-2007, 07:54 AM
I am in the qantas club at honolulu airport and in 90 minutes will be winging my way to LA and DL! hurruh! the past two weeks in hawaii have been amazing - Maui in particular is spectacular - I saw so many whales! and green turtles, and dolphins, and more sunsets and sunrises than you could poke a stick at. I even have the beginnings of a tan. and now disneyland...

hip hurruh for holidays.:D

ScottDisneyFan
01-11-2007, 07:56 AM
I am in the qantas club at honolulu airport and in 90 minutes will be winging my way to LA and DL! hurruh! the past two weeks in hawaii have been amazing - Maui in particular is spectacular - I saw so many whales! and green turtles, and dolphins, and more sunsets and sunrises than you could poke a stick at. I even have the beginnings of a tan. and now disneyland...

Congrats! I will be there too this weekend! See ya there!

emmah
01-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Congrats! I will be there too this weekend! See ya there!

yeah! lucky us! i'll be the crazy kiwi with the big smile on her face!

ScottDisneyFan
01-11-2007, 08:16 AM
If you see someone propose to a girl there...that will be me...;) I am doing the big deed this weekend!

emmah
01-11-2007, 08:24 AM
If you see someone propose to a girl there...that will be me...;) I am doing the big deed this weekend!

OK, so that trumps everything - how exciting and nerve wracking! I'll be keeping my eyes open! good luck!!!

ScottDisneyFan
01-11-2007, 08:25 AM
Thanks!

LibertyCall
01-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Lucky you! I'm jealous. Except for the Hawaii part. I had to live there for three years and had island fever in a bad way....and we never got to go to Disneyland while there! LOL.

For some reason, I always meet a lot of Australians and New Zealanders (at the Hotel, specifically the hot tub!) when I'm at Disneyland.:)

LibertyCall
01-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Scott, do you have specific spot picked out to propose? How exciting!

ScottDisneyFan
01-11-2007, 08:37 AM
I am trying to find one that will be good...but nothing yet!

LibertyCall
01-11-2007, 08:39 AM
Maybe you can get Mickey to go up to your girlfriend and get on one knee, like he's going to propose. Then you can tap him on the shoulder and say, "Excuse me, but I believe this is my department", and when he gets up, YOU get down on one knee and propose.

Man, I'm such a dork.:fez:

The old man
01-11-2007, 10:29 AM

You might want to work on that countdown clock.

Weather Thur & Fri on and off showers. Fri & Sat. record low temps.

yohomama212
01-11-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm hoping to go tomorrow night, take the kids to see F! before it goes dark, but if the weather keeps up this way, I doubt we'll make it. Enjoy the park! Congratulations Scott, I always wished for a semi-private moment by Snow White's wishing well. Toss a coin in - or have her do it - then while she's thinking of the one she loves (you), get down on one knee. Grab a nearby CM to snap pics of the two of you before, during, and after so she can treasure it always and show off the pics to her friends!

Liz :cool:

OneDisneyCrazyGirl
01-11-2007, 12:05 PM
OMG! I love the Mickey proposing idea. I wish my dh had done that.

emmah
01-11-2007, 06:31 PM
and the weather does not look promising; unbelievably black heavy skies!!! it's not that cold but definitely not the kind of weather with which to improve my tan. here's hoping the skies open up and dump huge amounts of water overnight, and there are clear skies on the morrow!

raediance
01-12-2007, 07:44 AM
lucky! hawaii and then disneyland! x)

ChipmunkStar
01-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Maybe you can get Mickey to go up to your girlfriend and get on one knee, like he's going to propose. Then you can tap him on the shoulder and say, "Excuse me, but I believe this is my department", and when he gets up, YOU get down on one knee and propose.

This sounds very familiar... Did someone else post it originally?

I seem to remember suggesting this to someone looking for proposal advice a few years ago...

LibertyCall
01-13-2007, 02:07 PM
It's possible that I read it somewhere or saw it on tv or something, but I have no recollection of hearing it/seeing it anywhere.

You're free to take credit for it, I just don't care that much, LOL.

emmah
01-13-2007, 05:03 PM
hi all, well, i am now well into my disney trip and figured if i didn't get started, it would become too overwhelming, so here is a little report on day one of my holiday.

i thought this time around i would try out ridemax to deal with what i thought would be big crowds, given the fact that this is a holiday weekend. but yesterday there were no crowds at all, and by 10am i was 40 minutes ahead of the plan so i pretty much gave it away. first up i grabbed a fastpass for rockin mountain, and then rode both sides of the matterhorn - i couldn't remember which side i like best but i knew there was a side; its the side closest to tomorrowland, i think it just goes faster and swoopier. then peterpan - love that ride, but there was rubbish that someone had dropped on the volcano - bad form! it was only 9.25am and already someone had dropped something. then i headed back to tomorrowland and rode rockin mountain; i was not that impressed but i gave it another chance today and in fact i really liked it this morning. i rode BTMRR and Indy, then Splash and Pooh, and then headed to the coronation cafe for lunch; part of this trip plan is to try some new attraction and a new eating place every single day. coronation cafe has always been full in the past, so i made a PS and had the soup and sandwich - not bad! then over to DCA where I made a beeline to ToT (fantastic - kept my feet off the ground and floated - thank goodness for seatbelts) and then tried the new monsters inc ride - maybe small children find it enjoyable but i won't be riding it again. grabbed a FP for screamin and headed to Soarin - at 15 minutes, this was the longest wait for anything all day, by a good 10 minutes. rode the maliboomer (love love love that ride) and then screamin - i like the new music - fits right in with the coaster. then back to DL where I used up the fastpasses i had collected that morning and rode Pirates at last - i love the new additions.l i was worried by what everyone said but it was quite subtle and didn't detract from the ride at all.

LibertyCall
01-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Wow, you accomplished A LOT! Great trip report. Wish I were there.

Susan L
01-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Sounds like you are having a good time, have fun.

Kentenathien
01-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Hmm, was it a torn piece of paper or white cardboard in the volcano? That's what was in it on the night of 1/4. Perhaps it's the same thing.

LibertyCall
01-13-2007, 06:04 PM
If you alert a cast member as you exit the ride, will they remove the trash?

darph nader
01-13-2007, 06:54 PM
You LUCKY puppy.Now get of the computer and have some more fun.:cool:

rentayenta
01-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Fun report. I love it when people report while there. I can feel your enthusiasm. Have a lovely holiday! :)

Rkkm
01-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Fun report. I love it when people report while there. I can feel your enthusiasm. Have a lovely holiday! :)

MY thoughts exactly! I love these vicarious trips - and your report was an especially excellent one! Thanks.