PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopper upgrade question

Courtney Anne
01-10-2007, 09:18 PM
I should be able to go Feb. 2 to Feb. 7 for my birthday. I reserved a room at Parkside Inn for 5 nights at $245.

I haven't decided if I am flying or driving yet. If we fly - then I want to do a 5 day hopper - but if we drive - then only a 4 day hopper.

If I buy the 4 day hoppers online for the "kids price" - can I upgrade at the park for the $10 difference ? Isn't Disney (along with every other retailer) doing the "Play at Kid's Prices" ?? OR Should I just get 5 day hoppers and if I can't use them - then oh well ?

Should I consider an AP for me and my son ? We might be going back for Spring Break with friends - and maybe later in the year - but I can never plan ahead because of finances and work...

What would the difference in price be from a 4 day to an AP ? and the difference from a 5 day to an AP.

Help me out here ! PLEASE !!!

~ Courtney

gibson510
01-10-2007, 09:24 PM
If you are going to go back then yes, do purchace the AP. It will save you money in the long run if you go back more then once. My family went 2 times in 06 for about 6 days each so we really got our moneys worth. Plus you get discounts on food and certian merchandice, saving you even more. So if you plan to return, the AP would be a good idea.

gibson510
01-10-2007, 09:25 PM
And the price of the AP may look expensive compaired to the 4 or 5 day pass. But if you'll be returning, it's worth it.

Courtney Anne
01-10-2007, 09:37 PM
if i decide to NOT do an AP...

should i be able to upgrade EASILY at the park from a 4 to a 5 day hopper ?

Disney is doing the dame Kids Price at the gates AND at all retailers - RIGHT ??

Malcon10t
01-10-2007, 09:39 PM
If I buy the 4 day hoppers online for the "kids price" - can I upgrade at the park for the $10 difference ?
No. You need to buy from Walt Disney Travel Company. Then, to upgrade, you need to go to WDTC back by Compass Books in DTD. If you buy online, you will have to go to the ticket booth or Guest Services and they will charge you the difference between what you paid and the gate price.

A deluxe AP is $239, a PAP is $359. You pay the difference between what you paid for the ticket you bought and the AP. It would be cheaper if you bought the deluxe AP instead of 2 4 day tix if you don't go on Sats.

gibson510
01-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Yea, the only benifit of a PAP is a better discount on food an stuff.

Courtney Anne
01-10-2007, 09:55 PM
No. You need to buy from Walt Disney Travel Company. Then, to upgrade, you need to go to WDTC back by Compass Books in DTD.

Does WDTC have a website ? Or does that need to be done on in the phone or in person ?

Courtney Anne
01-10-2007, 09:57 PM

If I decide to upgrade I will probably only do the regular one - and probably without parking.

Although that 10% for merchandise sounds nice... I don't think the price of the PAP will benefit us.

Although there have been some trips where we have spent way too much !

Malcon10t
01-10-2007, 10:00 PM
We get the PAP because we go the week between Christmas and NY each year. Otherwise we would pay $30 a day for 8 days for block out tix. We also go July 4. OK, we are crazy, but we enjoy the busy times and cant go the off season. For us, thats the main benefit.

Malcon10t
01-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Does WDTC have a website ? Or does that need to be done on in the phone or in person ?You can call them at 1-714-520-7060.

PumbaaMan
01-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Are all tickets upgradable? I have a niece in the military and she can get me tickets for an upcoming trip. I was wondering if anyone knew if these tickets are also upgradable for an AP.

Malcon10t
01-11-2007, 11:18 AM
Are all tickets upgradable? I have a niece in the military and she can get me tickets for an upcoming trip. I was wondering if anyone knew if these tickets are also upgradable for an AP.Yes, but usually, you will pay the difference between the cost of the military ticket and the AP. So there is no savings.