PDA

View Full Version : Patina Event?

Pages : [1] 2

Wendi
01-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Has anyone heard anything about a Dining Around Downtown Disney event for this year? I remember someone posting that they were planning one for February, but I don't know if there has been more talk on the subject.

I just came across an email from last year and emailed the coordinator to see if she had any news (not even sure if it would be the right person this year, but I'll let you know if I hear back).

Wendi
01-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Well I just got home and had a message on my answering machine from a very nice gentleman at Patina Group. He let me know that they have scheduled an event for Monday, February 5th (he thinks the time is 4-7 or 5-8???) He said there will be some changes to the event, but it will be pretty much the same as past events for the most part (he didn't elaborate on that).

Of course now I am a little bummed... and my mind is working to try to make it all work out because I already have a trip planned for Feb 1-2 (Thursday & Friday). It wouldn't make much sense to come right back on Monday, but I don't know that I want to make a longer trip out of my shortie one either! I'll have to figure something out... I LOVE THIS EVENT!!!

olegc
01-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Well I just got home and had a message on my answering machine from a very nice gentleman at Patina Group. He let me know that they have scheduled an event for Monday, February 5th (he thinks the time is 4-7 or 5-8???) He said there will be some changes to the event, but it will be pretty much the same as past events for the most part (he didn't elaborate on that).

Of course now I am a little bummed... and my mind is working to try to make it all work out because I already have a trip planned for Feb 1-2 (Thursday & Friday). It wouldn't make much sense to come right back on Monday, but I don't know that I want to make a longer trip out of my shortie one either! I'll have to figure something out... I LOVE THIS EVENT!!!

well, they usually have it on a Monday or Tuesday night -slow nights I guess.

I am surprised they are having it in Feb. the past ones in the 1st half of the year were more towards March/April (or so I thought)...

mckygirl99
01-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Yeah! I will be there too! My family loves this event and because I am over my morning sickness and nausea, the baby and I are hungry and ready for the event! :p

SoCalSteven
01-20-2007, 11:32 AM
What all is involved in this? How much does it cost?

olegc
01-20-2007, 04:26 PM
well, from previous years
1. you had to be a passholder
2. you could bring up to 3 guests (i think - we did last year)
3. $10.00 per person - all you can eat from their sample menu.
4. 4-9 pm on the night...

motoxprincess31
01-21-2007, 01:44 AM
What do you have to do to attend one of these? I read that you have to be a pass holder, just the highest ap or can you have any ap? I would love to find out more information about this!!

SoCalSteven
01-21-2007, 01:57 AM
well, from previous years
1. you had to be a passholder
2. you could bring up to 3 guests (i think - we did last year)
3. $10.00 per person - all you can eat from their sample menu.
4. 4-9 pm on the night...
What did they have on the menu in the past?

Drince88
01-21-2007, 04:33 AM
Here is a thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=56950&highlight=patina) post-event from one of the previous ones.

But, don't forget, from earlier in this thread:
He said there will be some changes to the event, but it will be pretty much the same as past events for the most part (he didn't elaborate on that).

cstephens
01-21-2007, 09:12 AM
They're probably having it earlier this year since February might be a slower time for them, and Catal is having a wine dinner on March 7, so another event in March wouldn't work.

Courtney Anne
01-21-2007, 10:04 AM

I wish I could go ! It sounds great ! i have been wanting to try some of those places - but I can be a picky eater - and the prices can get high. This sounds like a great way to try out their menus.

I am considering getting APs when I go on my trip that week. Maybe I will upgrade and then do this for dinner that night ????? If not, maybe somebody will invite me along ????? (j/k) (sorta)

Wendi
01-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Courtney Anne... I can't make any promises right now, but if I am able to attend I'll put you on my RSVP list, K? I don't remember having to show my AP at all last event, and they were allowing pretty much anyone to pay and attend on the spot even if you hadn't RSVP'd. At this point I don't even know if there is an announcement and a phone number or email to contact with RSVP information.

Courtney Anne
01-21-2007, 10:46 PM
Courtney Anne... I can't make any promises right now, but if I am able to attend I'll put you on my RSVP list, K? I don't remember having to show my AP at all last event, and they were allowing pretty much anyone to pay and attend on the spot even if you hadn't RSVP'd. At this point I don't even know if there is an announcement and a phone number or email to contact with RSVP information.

That would be great Wendi !! I wouldn't mind paying $10 bucks to sample all that food. Can my son come with ? I guess I should have asked that first - huh ?

nursemelis374
01-22-2007, 07:16 AM
I wonder when they are going to have some more official information along with sign ups? It is getting pretty close to the date.

adriennek
01-22-2007, 08:14 AM
don't remember having to show my AP at all last event, and they were allowing pretty much anyone to pay and attend on the spot even if you hadn't RSVP'd.

I have to admit that I hope they don't do that again simply because they kept running out of food!! I don't remember specifics about Tortilla Jos and Naples but Catal was out of food, out of seating space and had a line of people waiting to go through the 'buffet' of what was left. :(

Adrienne

SoCalSteven
01-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Yea, Feb 5th is pretty soon. I want to go!

olegc
01-22-2007, 04:13 PM
I have to admit that I hope they don't do that again simply because they kept running out of food!! I don't remember specifics about Tortilla Jos and Naples but Catal was out of food, out of seating space and had a line of people waiting to go through the 'buffet' of what was left. :(

Adrienne

part of the issue with Catal as well, I think, is that there were some ABC meetings in the GCH that day (what I overheard) so a lot of the space they had and staff they had to keep working on the food were minimized in order not to impact those wonderful TV execs...

But I agree with you. If it's a passholder event, then make it so and keep to the code. I had to show my AP last year. And , yes, it was open to all passholders.

mckygirl99
01-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Where do we sign up? In the past I have been able to get the info here but I can't find anything. Does anyone have a phone number or email address with a contact person?

Thanks!

Wendi
01-23-2007, 09:31 AM
The person who left me the message said that DL should have it up on the website, but were having "problems"... I seem to recall that at the event in Nov? 2005 the official posting on the AP part of the website went up after the event and stayed up for a while... which is pretty much what I expect from Disneyland.com!!!

I got an email response from someone else at the Patina Group saying that she will follow up with more information when she gets it... I'll keep you posted with any response I get.

disney_leonard
01-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Wendi-

Thanks for the update. I was bummed when they cancelled last November's event. Hope they keep their word and do two a year.

Boo's Mommy
01-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Could someone, anyone, post the contact information to make reservations as soon as it is released? I have been trying to look on Disney's website, and their site is having technical difficulties. Any numbers suggested to call in the interim? I'd love to make sure to have a reservation.
also, do they allow children at this event? Mine are 2 and 3 1/2 year olds we wouldn't have a babysitter and they are too young for the pinnochio's workshop.

mckygirl99
01-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Could someone, anyone, post the contact information to make reservations as soon as it is released? I have been trying to look on Disney's website, and their site is having technical difficulties. Any numbers suggested to call in the interim? I'd love to make sure to have a reservation.
also, do they allow children at this event? Mine are 2 and 3 1/2 year olds we wouldn't have a babysitter and they are too young for the pinnochio's workshop.

I have always taken my daughter who was 4 the first time. I am sure they would let you bring your kids.

Boo's Mommy
01-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks Mickeys Girl! That's good news! Is there admission for the kids also? at $10/person, it's still a deal no matter what! Now, if only we can make reservations now! It's less than 2 weeks away!

Wendi
01-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Thanks Mickeys Girl! That's good news! Is there admission for the kids also? at $10/person, it's still a deal no matter what! Now, if only we can make reservations now! It's less than 2 weeks away!

I'm not really sure that you have to pay for them. I took Max at age 4 and paid for him, but I don't think they would have really made me pay... in fact, they looked a little surprised. It seemed reasonable to pay for him because I was getting food for him too... they had things for kids too, like face painting and balloons, but Max isn't into that stuff at all - I think that makes paying for the kids worthwhile though.

Boo's Mommy
01-24-2007, 06:57 PM
That's pretty neat if they have those things for the kids! I don't mind payint $10 for my 3 1/2 year old, it's a small price to pay! I really hope they have it Feb 5th! we will happen to be there this time!!