PDA

View Full Version : Bengal BBQ - where do you sit?

Rkkm
01-10-2007, 08:27 PM
The Disneyland Must Eat thread got me thinking about those fantastic k-bobs at Bengal BBQ. The only thing that stops me from eating there on every DL trip is the seating.

So, the question, my fellow Mouse Lovers, is this: where do you go to slurp down your delicious Bengal BBQ food once you have it in hand .. and the few seats in front of the place are taken?

lagunachadling
01-10-2007, 08:32 PM
The Disneyland Must Eat thread got me thinking about those fantastic k-bobs at Bengal BBQ. The only thing that stops me from eating there on every DL trip is the seating.

So, the question, my fellow Mouse Lovers, is this: where do you go to slurp down your delicious Bengal BBQ food once you have it in hand .. and the few seats in front of the place are taken?

I take it to wherever there is a free bench, or table/seat.

twist1980
01-10-2007, 08:33 PM
You may not be able to find a place to actually sit, but there are the stand up areas that have counter space. I've never had a problem standing there even at peak times.

If those are all full, head over to NOS along the ROA and enjoy the many stone walls/seating areas there! They aren't far and should work for you!

yohomama212
01-10-2007, 08:33 PM
We always grab these as snacks before heading onto a ride nearby. Sure, it's a bit messy, but sooooo worth it. It used to be a nice pre-Indy snack for the long wait ahead. Now it's a nice way to pacify the kids while waiting for the Jungle Cruise! We're slowly figuring out a system to make this easier, but it will come to us.

Liz :cool:

julw
01-10-2007, 08:34 PM
I was wondering the exact same thing. In all the years we've been we've never eaten there. It always smells yummy, but we seem to always pick a place where there are chairs and tables (especially now with kids).

But I have to say with all the talk about it recently, it will be at the top of my food list when we go in March! Yeah! Can't wait! :)

Rkkm
01-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks so much everyone for the good ideas! I see a lot more Bengal BBQ in my future!

Opus1guy
01-10-2007, 10:35 PM
I've always taken it up to the Disney Gallery patio, ever since Bengal was built.

A few times recently they've had ropes up "reserving" the Gallery patio for one of the Guided Tour groups. But I just jump the rope on those few rare times and nobody's ever said boo about it. :)

Most of the time though...there are no reserved-ropes up there. Must be a time-of-day thing.

TikiGeek
01-11-2007, 07:06 AM
I've always taken it up to the Disney Gallery patio, ever since Bengal was built.That's where I go too. :)

I sometimes sit at the Riverbell Terrace tables and people watch while I consume my Safari skewer and iced cappuccino. ;)

snappy
01-11-2007, 07:13 AM
All I can say is WOW!! Those pieces of meat don't last 10 steps from the stand until my stomach has fully digested them! For those who are able to wait for a table, you have patience!

hlbtimes2
01-11-2007, 07:40 AM
We've only bought food there once. We were lucky enough to find a table right there that was empty.

junglemom
01-11-2007, 10:19 AM
I sometimes sit at the Riverbell Terrace tables and people watch while I consume my Safari skewer and iced cappuccino. ;)This is where we always go too. We plop the kids down and pull out their snacks while the other one runs and grabs the Skewers. It's a great spot with kids. It's gated in.

vfire
01-11-2007, 10:28 AM
Eat on the rocks across from Bengal BBQ, next to the Indiana Jones ride and its fastpass. It adds to the ambiance.

Marasmama
01-11-2007, 12:32 PM
The courtyard for the Aladdin Storytelling is usually where I head. It's a nice quiet mostly empty space where you can sit when the storytelling is over for the day.

lilfaeriebrat
01-11-2007, 05:53 PM
While in line we scout out the tables and as soon as we see someone leaving someone from our group grabs the table while whoever is left in line gets the food.

adriennek
01-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Bench or chair or a piece of wall in NOS :)

Adrienne

darph nader
01-11-2007, 08:03 PM
My g-kids and I lucked out last time we were there. A table opened up 'just' as we got our food.Tasty food btw,but kinda steep on the price.:(

BayAreaDisneyFan
01-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Last time we went (mid-December 06) we sat in the Riverbelle Terrace. We were split on what to eat: two wanted Bengal and three wanted Riverbelle, so we split up and met at a table in Riverbelle.

It is tough to get one of those Bengal tables, but we have in the past, and it's a pretty cool place to sit.

Skewers didn't seem as good this past trip...but then nothing did. I definitely was feeling all Eeyore and Grumpy as we absorbed changes since the last trip and other issues (new menu at Hook's, no free Autopia cars, AAA screwed up room reservations, got flamed about Matterhorn refurb comment, etc.) Oh well, It's still Disneyland! Still loved it!

LibertyCall
01-11-2007, 09:18 PM
I don't recall ever being able to sit there. We just stood and ate our food.

I Heart Disneyland!
01-11-2007, 11:04 PM
We usually find a table! We've lucked out. Sometimes if we spot someone leaving, one of us will get out of line and nab the table. :)

cstephens
01-16-2007, 12:41 PM
We've never eaten right there, even when there's been space available. We'll grab a table at River Belle or we take it back to Coke Corner.

raediance
01-16-2007, 04:35 PM
My g-kids and I lucked out last time we were there. A table opened up 'just' as we got our food.Tasty food btw,but kinda steep on the price.:(
Yeah, steep prices are often the cost for DL food. Not always, but most of the time. =]