PDA

View Full Version : The road to nowhere.

Bytebear
01-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Another thread mentioned how people don't go into an empty line and get upset when you do. Many, MANY times we have walked right past dozens of people standing in line for Haunted Mansion because we take the short route. We have also ended up stuck in the slow line (of Small World) and told by CMs not to juimp the rail, darnit. My partner jokes that if we start a line to a locked door, people would line up behind us, anelsd we have actually tested this in a crowd where we just stop and pretend we are in line right in the middle of no where and sure enough, people will start to congregate behind us. Then we just walk away and leave them looking bewildered.

Anyone else have stories?

hlbtimes2
01-10-2007, 09:24 PM
I have done that at HM as well. The first time it happened I thought maybe I had done something wrong. The next time it happened I realized it's just what happens in line for that ride.

I'm always amazed that everyone stands in line together for Indy. I don't know how many times I'v reached the stairs and one side is backed up, and the other side is clear all the way to the top and around the corner.

just beatla33
01-11-2007, 07:15 AM
when you first get in the gates as in the parking lot line. Theres always that one stupid van that holds up the line for like 30 minutes to ask, probably really stupid questions. No matter which line you choose, you'll get that person. So the best thing to do is just accept that its going to happen.

cynthia312
01-11-2007, 07:25 PM
when you first get in the gates as in the parking lot line. Theres always that one stupid van that holds up the line for like 30 minutes to ask, probably really stupid questions. No matter which line you choose, you'll get that person. So the best thing to do is just accept that its going to happen.

yes!!! omg!! so true!!! you sit in your car and wonder "what the heck can they possibly be asking!?!" just pay them the $11 or show them ur AP if you have one and bounce out. its really that simple. its only a parking lot ticket booth. your not in the admission ticket booth yet my dear.

Disneynerd
01-12-2007, 04:49 AM
I think I'm one of the idiots that stands in the long line at the HM. Where is the short line?

just beatla33
01-12-2007, 08:53 AM
the line splits right after you pass the hurse. People just think its the fastpass line so they debate if it is or not and before they can make a decision its to late.

tonytone
01-12-2007, 09:05 AM
I think I'm one of the idiots that stands in the long line at the HM. Where is the short line?
We always take the right line at HM--no pun intended--except on those rare occasions where the left line is waaay shorter than the right one.

dsnydon
01-12-2007, 03:58 PM
Rule Number 1 At Disneyland: Never Get In The First Line You Come To, It Will Always Be The Longest Line And The Slowest;)

I Heart Disneyland!
01-12-2007, 04:14 PM
My partner jokes that if we start a line to a locked door, people would line up behind us, anelsd we have actually tested this in a crowd where we just stop and pretend we are in line right in the middle of no where and sure enough, people will start to congregate behind us. Then we just walk away and leave them looking bewildered.

Anyone else have stories?

That's awful, but, it's making me laugh a LOT! haha! :D Hahahaha!

cookie7762
01-12-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm always amazed that everyone stands in line together for Indy. I don't know how many times I'v reached the stairs and one side is backed up, and the other side is clear all the way to the top and around the corner.

That always happens to me too! I look foreward to it every time because it means a shorter wait for me! i think people get confused by the cast member saying "parties stay to one side" they take it as EVERYBODY stay on one side, not just the people in your group. One time this snotty teenager yelled at us for it explaining that there was only "one line" til a cast member corrected her!

CamCay
01-14-2007, 02:13 PM
the line splits right after you pass the hurse. People just think its the fastpass line so they debate if it is or not and before they can make a decision its to late.

We made that mistake one time, but never since! And the last time we were there was in July, it was so busy, and we passed so many people! The weird thing was no one followed us like they were sure we going the wrong way, or it was going to be a dead end. Finally about four minutes after we reached the line, someone came up behind us and then it filled up from there. It's weird but people in the slow line actually get mad. Hopefully it's mad at theirselves for not being smarter!