PDA

View Full Version : Ariel's Grotto?

Koala Gurl
01-10-2007, 04:35 PM
I made ressies to go to this restaurant...but wanted to get a feel for how the meal actually works!

I have an almost 2 year old who loves the princesses, BUT I am not sure how long she will be entertained by them (or waiting for them.) Does anyone know how long I should expect to be in there?

TIA!!

twist1980
01-10-2007, 04:40 PM
The meal takes the longest as you are served a soup or salad followed by your main course and then dessert. The last time I was there, the timing was perfect as they came out while waiting for the meal. I would say to allow for an hour to an hour and a half for the whole meal/experience.

It is a lot of fun though!

DizneyMommy
01-10-2007, 04:44 PM
I took my daughter when she was only 18 months, and she really enjoyed it. The princesses seemed to straggle through one by one, and the timing was so perfect they came between courses every time. We went when it was really slow so the service was amazingly fast, I think we were only there for 45 minutes from drinks to dessert. If she gets restless, there is a photo op spot in the dining room with a big window looking out over the water and a little bit of room to run around for a 2 year old, that might help with disctration during the lull between princesses and courses.

Koala Gurl
01-10-2007, 05:51 PM
twist1980 & DizneyMommy - thanks for the replies!

Do they seat people at all different times, or is it as tables empty? (I ask because I am wondering if they would be able to bring the food all together?)

We are going mid week "off-season" so I don't expect *too* many people.

DizneyMommy
01-10-2007, 06:00 PM
They seat all different times,as you arrive or as there is space, like a regular restaurant.
Oh, and be sure to let the waiter bring you the free kids meal! They will almost always offer, and some really nice waiters will practically beg you to take it, just take it, they'll bring a cute little cardboard crown for her to wear along with it! :-)

Koala Gurl
01-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Cool! I am excited for it! :)

gibson510
01-10-2007, 07:21 PM
yea, I was just there a few days ago. Its a great expierence. The princesses move along a little quickly, but none the less, very fun. The kids had a ball.

Rkkm
01-10-2007, 08:50 PM
It is a lovely experience! I'm always looking for little girls to take just so I can go too!

snappy
01-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Make sure you pick up your Complimentary Cotton candy at the end of your lunch/dinner.

Koala Gurl
01-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks for all of the replies!

Another question...are the characters that visit the princesses or just regular characters (or both?)

junglemom
01-16-2007, 05:17 PM
We had only princesses. I think that is all that ever comes. Have a great time!

mjjpower
01-16-2007, 06:16 PM
We were there last Friday. What fun! We were picked to introduce Ariel when she first came in. My four year old was duly impressed. My 12 and 9 year old had a great time as well. The only complaint I had was that our food came out very quickly and we were seated so as to be one of the first to meet the princesses as they came out. I felt a little overwhelmed with the full table of food...getting in and out of the table/booth for pictures and getting autographs. The Princesses themselves were wonderful and fun though. The food was really quite good as well. At the end of the meal I asked the waiter if I could have a bag for the two rolls we had left (thought the kids would snack on them later) he said sure and then went and got 8 fresh warm rolls and packed them up for us to go! Very Sweet.
Mary Jane

rentayenta
01-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Love the Princess meal. The service is slow but it's very lively so I think your DD should be fine. The food is good too. The mac and cheese comes with hotdogs and goldfish on it, like tentacles and fish. It's a little creepy so if your DD enjoys mac n cheese, I'd get it plain.

808Disney
01-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Took my 4 yr. old for the first time this past Christmas Time. It was our first experience and I truely LOVED IT!!! We had a seating time of 11:40am and our table was the 3rd table which all the princesses came out and stopped by. Yes, it was a bit overwhelming when you have your lunch BUT, I LOVED that they had a system of touching each and every table. During the character breakfast at Plaza Inn, the characters float everywhere but not in order...thats tough. Ariels Grotta was a GREAT EXPERIENCE and I would do it again. As for the food... It was pretty good. Not a LARGE ARRAY of choice, but I did like that it was a set price...and I think it was well worth it too!! I give Ariel's Grotto a THUMBS UP!!!:D :D

MollyTrolly
01-17-2007, 06:59 AM
Its a great experience, you have to order from what I feel is a limited menu but the food isnt too bad. Even if your food comes out early you have 90 minutes in your table to meet each princess. There are usually 5 or 6. Last time we went we had, Cinderella, Ariel, Mulan, Belle and Snow White. Each princess will visit your table and take pics, etc.

A little tip about your 2 year old, the prices are set no matter what you order, but the kids menu is for children 3 and up. When you get there tell the seating staff and then your wait staff that your DD is under 3, she will still order from the kids menu, but they will not charge you for her meal (we did this with DD before she turned 3).

It is a great experience and I plan on doing it with DD again next time we go which will hopefully be soon!

Koala Gurl
01-17-2007, 12:03 PM
A little tip about your 2 year old, the prices are set no matter what you order, but the kids menu is for children 3 and up. When you get there tell the seating staff and then your wait staff that your DD is under 3, she will still order from the kids menu, but they will not charge you for her meal (we did this with DD before she turned 3).

Thanks for that tip!!! DD eats like a bird, and while I don't mind paying for the experience, it definitely wouldn't be for the food! A nice touch!!

OK, another question (sick of them yet?) :) I will also have my 4 month old with me (and it is just the 3 of us.) Any suggestions for what to do with him, since he is too young for a high chair and I can't bring the stroller inside?? I was thinking of removing the seat from the stroller (a pain, but the only thing I can really think of, other than holding him the whole time.) Hmmm....

Thanks to everyone for the replies! I am getting excited (I hope DD likes it as much as I think she will!)

DizneyMommy
01-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Who says you can't bring the stroller inside? I have seen strollers in there everytime I've gone, parked near the bathrooms, there is an elevator to take you down stairs, too. I am sure they will allow you to keep the stroller at the table for the 4 moth old, they just don't want to to have empty strollers all over the place blocking the characters and waiters.