PDA

View Full Version : How Long Does It Take To Do Everything?

jeffthechef
01-10-2007, 03:41 PM
OK all of you seasoned veterans, I have a serious question. How many days does it take to do everything at Disneyland? This includes riding every ride, seeing every show, walking the entire park, visiting every nook and cranny, listening at the dentist's office, etc., etc., ect..

Basically, it means doing everything that is on the free map. I have spent up to 6 days trying to accomplish this and it still was not enough time. Has anyone ever done this on a single trip?

Note that this does NOT include California Adventure...

just beatla33
01-10-2007, 03:51 PM
took me one day, I tried it out just incase this comes up....but also it was when the park was pretty dead.

danyoung
01-10-2007, 04:01 PM
During the off season I could probably do it all in 2 days. But then I've been so many times that I don't ever try to do it all. Some stuff doesn't appeal to me, some stuff I only hit every other year or so, and some stuff I have to do multiple times every visit. I'm long past the kamikaze days of rushing rushing rushing to get every pickin' event and ride in a day.

gibson510
01-10-2007, 04:01 PM
I have done it on a five night six day trip. But yea the park was pretty dead. If you go in the summer, forget about it.

gibson510
01-10-2007, 04:02 PM
yea i do the same thing dan does..

Donald Duck Fan68
01-10-2007, 06:35 PM
How many licks does it take to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop? Oh wait, different question. But similar, IMHO, because the world may never know based on HOW you've defined "everything". You litterally mean "everything", which would also include all those spontaneous moments that occure around the park, like interacting with Push the trashcan, music groups in various lands, performers added to different lands that add atmosphere (I remember juggler in FL one year), stopping for every charater's autograph, riding every possible main street vehicle, browsing every store, and on and on and on... Eventually, as some of the posts indicate, "everything" becomes defined "everything I want to do" which is different.

In the peak season times like Christmas and Summer, I don't think it's possible to do "everthing" as you define it, unless a person was solo and in the park at least 7 days. In the offseason, there's another catch. You can do everything that's available in much less time, but not every ride, show, and/or attraction is running, which by definition means you still can't do "everything."

gibson510
01-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Accually donald, after reading your post, it might not even be possible to do "everything" during the off season or a less busy day. Because some of the bands that play in different lands arent posted and you usually catch them by luck.

Wendi
01-10-2007, 08:20 PM
I dunno. I've been working on it for about 35 years now...

emmah
01-11-2007, 08:29 AM
you can ride all the attractions in a day, if you are there first thing in the morning midweek in the off season and are on your own - I have done it several times, using the Unofficial Guide touring plans. I've even done this repeating the big rides a couple of times. If you add in sitting down to eat, enjoying the musical happenings that spring up, and the shows like snowwhite (when that was on), and the jasmin and aladdin storytelling session etc, then (again, same parametres) you can get it all done in 2.5 days. but when you add in walking around in a daze, looking at all the window displays, talking to cast members, enjoying the ambience ... how long is a piece of string? last trip I spent 7 days there and still didn't get everything i planned to do, done.

LibertyCall
01-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Depends on the people going. I really like to take my time, and I have three kids under six. So for us to do EVERYTHING, we'd need about ten days!

Donald Duck Fan68
01-11-2007, 09:05 AM
This is really what makes Disneyland such a great place to come back to time and time again...you can always find something you've never done before, or experience something new. I too was there for 7 days last year and didn't fit everything in that I thought I would, but I did manage to ride one of the Main Street vehicles, which is something I've never done before. For me, the days of rushing from one thing to the next trying to fit as much in as possible are likely over. Looking back on my times in the park, my fondests memories are when I slowed down and experienced some of those magical moments that only Disney can create. I'll never forget my son's first trip to DL when he was 11 months old and the fascination and attention he had for a New Orleans' sax player. We stayed in that spot listening and watching for quite a while. I'll also never forget all the magical moments my daughter experienced on the last trip with character interactions. As a kid, meeting the characters was never a big deal to me, but it became very important to my daughter, so we stopped for just about every character we came across. The white witch of Narniah was quite memorable. I don't have memories like that when I've tried to do "everthing". My memories of those trips are mostly a blur. Fun, nonetheless, but my memories are stronger in times when I've slowed down and enjoyed the moment.

oregontraveler
01-11-2007, 12:20 PM
As a solo traveler going during the summer. 4 days is barely enough time for
me. That includes DCA as well, but rides aren't on the top of my list so I spend less time in line and more time wandering about.