PDA

View Full Version : Disney World Tickets at Disney Land

muzicmanmd11
01-10-2007, 09:55 AM
I have a question that I have never bothered asking, mostly because it never concerned me. I have several tickets from this past summer that went unused at Disney World (we ordered too many on accident, but decided to keep the extras). I am going to Southern California sometime in March and was wondering if I could use my extra tickets at Disney Land. There appears to be no expiration date on the tickets (and this was confirmed as my mother called about these extras tickets last summer; they said they won't expire, and we could even get money back for the unused tickets). If I could use these tickets at Disney Land, that would save me time and money. Also, these tickets are single day tickets and I have about 2 or 3 of them left on the card.

Thanks!

P.S. This is new to me, I've never posted in the DL forum yet alone go to DL (although I was teased last year as I passed by going to Costa Mesa/Newport Beach).

Malcon10t
01-10-2007, 10:19 AM
I have a question that I have never bothered asking, mostly because it never concerned me. I have several tickets from this past summer that went unused at Disney World (we ordered too many on accident, but decided to keep the extras). I am going to Southern California sometime in March and was wondering if I could use my extra tickets at Disney Land. There appears to be no expiration date on the tickets (and this was confirmed as my mother called about these extras tickets last summer; they said they won't expire, and we could even get money back for the unused tickets). If I could use these tickets at Disney Land, that would save me time and money. Also, these tickets are single day tickets and I have about 2 or 3 of them left on the card.

Thanks!

P.S. This is new to me, I've never posted in the DL forum yet alone go to DL (although I was teased last year as I passed by going to Costa Mesa/Newport Beach).You can use them at Disneyland. Go to the turnstiles and they will take them, deduct a day, and give you a ticket you can use for fastpasses. If the ticket is a park hopper, you will be given a park hoppper. If it is for a single park, you will be given a single park ticket.

Mousesavers posts this: "Interesting, unpublished fact: you can use any unexpired, leftover days on a Walt Disney World ticket at Disneyland or DCA! Present the Disney World ticket at the gate on arrival-- they will take it somewhere, deduct a day from it, and give you a one-day Disneyland and/or DCA ticket. You can repeat this day by day until the Disney World ticket is used up. They will not give you a multi-day ticket all at once, even if you have multiple days left on your Disney World ticket.

The type of Disneyland ticket you will receive is based on the Walt Disney World ticket you present: if you have a Disney World ticket with the Hopper option, you will get a Disneyland Hopper that allows you to visit both parks in the same day; on the other hand, if the Disney World ticket had no Hopper option, you will get a one-day/one-park ticket and will have to pick which park to enter that day. This information was confirmed as of August 2006."

muzicmanmd11
01-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Excellent, thank you! That's what I wanted to here. Now, should I also bring ID to prove that it's me? The reason I ask this is that I have two other cards that were used by my mother and sister that have 2-3 tickets on them also. I was thinking perhaps I could give those to my two friends so they can use them when we go. Is this at all possible?

Thanks again!

muzicmanmd11
01-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Does anyone know if allowing two others to use the other 2 cards is at all possible? Thanks!

Malcon10t
01-11-2007, 11:11 AM
Does anyone know if allowing two others to use the other 2 cards is at all possible? Thanks!Are there names on them that would associate them with someone else? If they are unsigned and don't have names on them, it shouldn't be an issue.

Tinkerbell 62
01-11-2007, 05:56 PM
I also am going to Disneyland this spring and have leftover Disney World tickets. I decided to save the Disney World tickets because the tickets I purchased don't expire.
This spring Disneyland is running a good special - everyone pays the kid's price at Disneyland, and Disney World tickets are usually a lot more $. So, I am going to save the tickets for the next time we go to Disney World. Just something to think about....
Have a good trip! :)

Burnt Toast
01-12-2007, 11:54 AM
I also am going to Disneyland this spring and have leftover Disney World tickets. I decided to save the Disney World tickets because the tickets I purchased don't expire.
This spring Disneyland is running a good special - everyone pays the kid's price at Disneyland, and Disney World tickets are usually a lot more $. So, I am going to save the tickets for the next time we go to Disney World. Just something to think about....
Have a good trip! :)

Does not work the other way around. WDW -> DLR but not DLR -> WDW.

Price difference has a lot to do with it. Also, there is no "no expiration" option for DLR tickets. 13 days after the first day of use, DLR tickets expire.

bassett1976
01-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Some friends of mine just did this in the last 6 months and had a hard time at DLR using the WDW tickets. It is possible but you will need to possibly talk with more than one person at guest services for this. You might also want to call in advance and talk with someone and MAKE SURE you get their name when you call.

Tinkerbell 62
01-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 62
Have a good trip!

Does not work the other way around. WDW -> DLR but not DLR -> WDW.

Price difference has a lot to do with it. Also, there is no "no expiration" option for DLR tickets. 13 days after the first day of use, DLR tickets expire.

Yes, you are right. I am saving my Disney World tickets for the next time I go to Disney World since they don't expire and the difference in price. Because of the price difference and great special - "Everyone Pays the Kids' Price" I am purchasing the tickets to use at Disneyland.