PDA

View Full Version : Naoki performed his original solo today....

HondaBoy
05-29-2002, 07:09 PM
I watched the 3:00 pm and 5:15 pm showings of Blast! today, to my utter surprise Naoki jumped out right after the first segment and performed his solo in the Battery Battle. It was absolutley amazing, now I see why you people were all sad when they removed the solos all together. I'm not sure but I think this Friday is going to be his last day in the DCA version of the show. This is just a guess but I think OLC may be recruting him for a Tokyo version of Blast! in coming months, this is just pure speculation though.

Matterhorn Fan
05-29-2002, 09:20 PM
It was pretty darn good at 1:00, too. I also heard the same rumor about this being his last week.

HondaBoy
05-29-2002, 09:22 PM
I think they were all great shows today. Ya many more members of the original cast are leaving soon.

bluepearl
05-29-2002, 10:13 PM
Yes, I heard that Friday was going to be Naoki's last day as well. It's a shame too. Hopefully I will get some time before work to catch the last show and tell him he did a fantastic job.

I have to say that as much as I miss Kit (does everyone know yet how much I want Kit back at our Blast?!), Naoki did a fantastic job filling in the spot as the first solo drummer. His role as the first solo drummer was so much better than his initial part as the second solo. That's my opinion, though.

Luckily, I've got the show on tape with most of the original cast, which I got on New Years Eve.

HondaBoy
05-29-2002, 10:32 PM
Can I borrow your copy pretty please pearl or maybe give you a empty tape to dupe? It's such a great show I just need to see it in it's original glory.

bluepearl
05-29-2002, 11:51 PM
HondaBoy: Absolutely! However, you may have to endure a few giggles that I made when Kit came on stage. :lol: Don't worry; it's not very loud, only noticeable in two or three instances. Anyway, I will be at the Resort Friday before shift, as well as all weekend. PM me and we can arrange a time and you could hand me a VHS tape to make a copy for you!