PDA

View Full Version : Hotel vote please!

Pages : [1] 2

Micmarie
01-09-2007, 05:01 PM
I have reservations at the Park Vue Inn but reading recent reviews I am having second thoughts especially since the price is no great deal at least I think(96.00weekdays 116.00 weekends plus tax and a $2.30 fee for increased energy cost!) and for 2 room family suite-looks small
From other readings I was looking at The Tropicana, Del Sol Inn and Anaheim Desert Inn. Girls want a nice pool, I want a good nights sleep and across the street, I don't expect fancy, I want clean, comfort and service.( room is for myself and 3 girls)

rentayenta
01-09-2007, 05:08 PM
I am not familiar with any of them but my good friend swears by the Tropicana. Have you thought about the BWPPI (Best Western Park Place Inn); it's right across the street?

ETA: One of my very best friend's DH is from Regina, Saskatchewan.

Micmarie
01-09-2007, 05:21 PM
I will add that to my list of places . I just looked at the Ramada Maingate too which looks good. The pics never seem like reality though!

rentayenta
01-09-2007, 05:24 PM
I will add that to my list of places . I just looked at the Ramada Maingate too which looks good. The pics never seem like reality though!

I think that because of the high traffic, they all are a little run down BUT my friend stays at both the BWPPI and Trop and says they are just what you are looking for. Maybe she will hurry and post her opinion. :p

MammaSilva
01-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Hey there, the tropicana is a nice motel...the difference between hotel/motel is grounds, entry into the rooms ect. The trop pool is in the middle of their parking area, the rooms are comfy, and the staff are really nice. I stay there if I'm not on property and we've never had a bad experience there.

Micmarie
01-09-2007, 05:29 PM
I am not familiar with any of them but my good friend swears by the Tropicana. Have you thought about the BWPPI (Best Western Park Place Inn); it's right across the street?

ETA: One of my very best friend's DH is from Regina, Saskatchewan.

I lived there for 3 years myself !

Malcon10t
01-09-2007, 06:22 PM
None of their pools are great. I'd go with either Park Vue (they;ve recently remodeled) or Desert Inn. (Camelot is very nice also.)

mousemom
01-09-2007, 06:39 PM
I thought the Tropicana and Park Vue were about equal in most respects. Park Vue is a few steps closer. If it were me I'd just go with what's less $$. I've had good experiences at both places.

Micmarie
01-09-2007, 08:00 PM
My total at the Park Vue Inn is 1467.00 a standard room for 2 nights and then a living room suite for the next 11 nights. The Tropicanna can give me a standard 2 queen for 1317.00. I called the Ramada Maingate and she told me to call in the morning as if we are staying so long they may give me a discount rate, they have various room types available.

mel g
01-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Hello,

I am an avid Tropicana fan. We have stayed several times over the last 6 years, and we usually stay for a week or so each time. We did the "2" room (1 bedroom and a pull out in the living room) 2 trips ago. It was good enough. The balcony which faces the park/monorail was beautiful in the evening. The pool is really enjoyable as well. However, we stayed at the HOJO last trip. It was even nicer then the Trop. It is a good 4 or 5 minutes farther (depending how fast you walk) but the grounds were beautiful the the pool even nicer. I am torn now on where to stay, probably the HOJO if it is cheaper. However, between all the hotels you mentioned, the Trop wins hands down for me!

Have a wonderful trip!!!!
Mel.

Malcon10t
01-09-2007, 08:47 PM
My total at the Park Vue Inn is 1467.00 a standard room for 2 nights and then a living room suite for the next 11 nights. The Tropicanna can give me a standard 2 queen for 1317.00. I called the Ramada Maingate and she told me to call in the morning as if we are staying so long they may give me a discount rate, they have various room types available.
Have you checked out the Residence Inn Maingate? I don't know your dates, so can't compare. I had them for an extended stay like yours for $119 night, and we had 2 queens, a living room with a sofa sleeper and full kitchen. LOVED having a full sized refridge.

Also, look at Camelot at their Family suites. And check out Desert Inn and Suites. They usually have deals on the larger rooms. We are getting the suite there that sleeps 10 for $139 a night. Has 4 Queens and a sofa sleeper. (http://www.anaheimdesertinn.com) Dates are the difference.

momuvseven
01-10-2007, 03:42 AM
I love the Hampton Inn in Garden Grove. Check out the reviews on tripadvisor. Homewood is good too.

junglemom
01-10-2007, 04:41 AM
Hey there, the tropicana is a nice motel...the difference between hotel/motel is grounds, entry into the rooms ect. The trop pool is in the middle of their parking area, the rooms are comfy, and the staff are really nice. I stay there if I'm not on property and we've never had a bad experience there.I must have just had a bad experience there. My room was so run down and yucky. The staff wasn't super nice and getting to the Cont. Breakfast wasn't convienient at all. The walk was awesome, I did love that!

Micmarie
01-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks for all your input! It was a toss up between Desert Inn & Suites and the Camelot. I ended up with a really good deal at the Camelot. Both have been remodled/updated if anyone is looking. I'm assumming the Camelot is affiliated with the Tropicanna as this is where I found their link.I'm getting so excited,we are in the middle af a horrible blizzard today and can't even get out of our yard,temps in the forcast are soooooooooooooooo frigid I wish I was leaving tommorow.Thanks again.

mariezp
01-13-2007, 09:27 AM
For the past 6 years we have stayed at the Anaheim Desert Inn with no problems. The price is great for plenty of room. They have a fridge and microwave in each room which comes in handy. The walk to the park can't be beat! We have never used the pool but it does look small and I have read several complaints so it may be one of the down sides.

nvmom
01-13-2007, 12:38 PM
We stayed at the Camelot last March and were pleased. We're going back next month for 4 nights in their family suite. Our room was very clean and spacious. Pool is just "ok" - but perfectly useable and a nice place for viewing the fireworks. The short walk is great. It's also getting pretty good consistent review on TripAdvisor too.

nvmom

TinaMouse
01-13-2007, 01:01 PM

We stayed here. It was just ok. For the price, I'd say go for it. For the location, I'd say go for it. If you're looking for ammenities, good breakfast, etc., go somewhere else. All that said, would I stay there again? Yes.

I wrote a long review here on Mousepad. Look under User Reviews/Disneyland/Hotels.

disneyperson
01-13-2007, 02:16 PM
My Park Vue experience was not a good one, but that was pre-renovation. I would be willing to give it a another chance since the location is so good.

I Heart Disneyland!
01-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Homewood Suites , Garden Grove (about 3 miles from DL)

http://homewoodsuites.hilton.com/en/hw/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=4U3UPCEMRHQJUCSGBJNMVCQKIYF CVUUC?ctyhocn=LAXHWHW&ctyhocn=LAXHWHW

nvmom
01-13-2007, 04:10 PM
Can I ask what kind of rate you got at the Camelot?

nvmom

Micmarie
01-13-2007, 05:31 PM
I got a deluxe queen for 79.00 all nights through cheap tickets.com. I called the hotel the following day and things were all set up as I was told they would be. Cheap tickets special was for stays over 3 nights.

Dexter
01-13-2007, 06:08 PM
I'll throw in another vote for the Tropicanna, it's literally accross the street from the crosswalk, the rooms are very clean and quiet. I personally prefer the suite that they offer, but the other rooms that I've stayed in there have been very nice.

I'd also advise caution against staying at the homewood suites, apparently, there was a theft there in november (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=63029)

I also saw this report about the the Grand Californian (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=48643) so I'd be careful about staying there too. Personally my favorite on property hotel is the Disneyland Hotel, I've never personally had a problem there and it's somewhat reasonably priced.

LibertyCall
01-13-2007, 06:19 PM
I also saw this report about the the Grand Californian (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=48643) so I'd be careful about staying there too. Personally my favorite on property hotel is the Disneyland Hotel, I've never personally had a problem there and it's somewhat reasonably priced.

Ugh. That's my worst fear when I think about staying on property. That I'll be dissapointed for having spent all that money for whatever reason. I hope his problem was resolved.

Dexter
01-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Well, I can appreciate the fear, personally I've never had a problem with it, but I would suggest if you do stay on property and you have something valuable, put it in the in room safe, all on property rooms (I don't know about the GCH, but PP and DLH) all have in room safes, you just put in your valuables, turn the key and take it with you. There's no charge for the safe.

Ragrobyn
01-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Boo to the Park Vue. It was awful. But that was pre reno. Bugs gross me out. So I don't think I would give it another go.