PDA

View Full Version : Parkside Inn and Suites

Courtney Anne
01-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Has anybody been here in the last year ?

Parkside Inn & Suites - Maingate @ Disneyland
Next door to Disneyland Resort
1830 S. West Street
Anaheim, CA 92802

I stayed there a few years ago for alst minute trip with a friend. The room was okay - but all we did was sleep - so I didn't mind.

It is across the street from the CoCo's and BW Stovall's Inn.

I found a rate online for $225 for check-in 2/2 and check out 2/7. I probably won't be able to stay in DL that long so that will knock some money off as well. It was about $45 a night.

ALSO, wasn't there a restaurant right on the corner - in front of this hotel ? Across from CoCo's ? I can't remember the name of it !

This place wasn't too far - as walking goes - we went thru the Grand Cali to save some time.

Thanks for any info.

Katran
01-08-2007, 09:15 PM
DH and I stayed there last March. Though a lot of reviews of it are bad, our experience there was pleasant. Our room was clean, everything worked, and the staff members were all nice and friendly. It's old and the beds we had weren't super comfortable (hotel beds are almost always too hard for me), but for the price we paid we were quite happy with it. To me, a hotel is just a place to sleep, shower, and store my luggage. In fact, the only reason we aren't staying there this year is because we found another hotel at a cheaper price. Since we're paying for 8 people this time, price is everything! ;)

And is the restaurant you're referring to Tiffy's Family Restaurant?

Courtney Anne
01-08-2007, 09:49 PM
To me, a hotel is just a place to sleep, shower, and store my luggage. In fact, the only reason we aren't staying there this year is because we found another hotel at a cheaper price. Since we're paying for 8 people this time, price is everything! ;)

And is the restaurant you're referring to Tiffy's Family Restaurant?

I have to agree about the hotel - sleeping thing !! A nice hotel is great, but we tend to go to the park when it opens (or when we get up :) ) and then leave at closing.

Tiffy's - that is what it is called !!! I was drawing a blank thanks !

So where did you get a cheaper rate ? Better than $45 a night for 4 or 5 nights ?

This is what I just posted on my MYSPACE - cause I am such a dork:

A TRIP TO DISNEYLAND for my 30th BIRTHDAY !!!

I found a hotel for five nights for $225
I found airfare for TWO for $240
Plus TWO 5-DAY Park Hoppers for $320

That is only $785 for 5 days in the park, round-trip airfare and 5 nights in a hotel within walking distance to the main entrance.

(Besides, I might only be able to do 4 days - so that knocks $75 or so off that price - so it could be only about $700 !!!)

This might sound like a lot of money - but I know people that spend this much money on their hotel rooms !!!

I know it sounds silly to want to spend my birthday in a theme park with a giant mouse; but I love going to DisneyLand. It has to be one of my favorite places.

Plus I am always happy when I am in DisneyLand. There is just something about walking in there and transporting yourself into a magical reality for a few days.

Hakuna Matata - it means no worries !!!

Not to mention, that it would be FIVE DAYS that I could spend with my son Christian - in a place that he loves almost as much as I do !!!

Well, I guess I can dream....
(~a dream is a wish your heart makes~)

I am posting this bulletin at approx. 11:30 PM on 01/08/2007
...so let the countdown to MY 30th BIRTHDAY BEGIN !!!!! 25 days and 30 minutes

Bytebear
01-08-2007, 09:55 PM
I think I just had a siezure.

Courtney Anne
01-08-2007, 10:09 PM
I think I just had a siezure.

I'm sorry !?!?!?!?

Bytebear
01-08-2007, 10:35 PM
That's ok. I recovered. :D

Courtney Anne
01-08-2007, 11:38 PM
That's ok. I recovered. :D

OK - I am lost...

My slap-happy feeling has now worn off - and I am finally going to turn this darn thing off and head for bed - I mean it is only 1:30 in the morning right ? - no big deal - i only have to be up at 6:30

good night mouse pad

mickeyxminnie
01-09-2007, 05:29 AM
i was looking into booking this hotel too..

but if there is somewhere cheaper im all for it..

walking distance to disney is prefered..

there is 5 of us.. but dont need 2 rooms as its me and bf his sister and her 2 kids.

if anyone knows anywhere let me know

Katran
01-09-2007, 07:42 AM
I looked on Expedia.com (I book all my trips through them), and right now Parkside is your best bet. I had to book back in early December, and the rates at that time were cheaper at another hotel, but now Parkside is showing up as the cheapest. Parkside is within walking distance to Disneyland, though the walk back at the end of a long day is tiring. If you're taking small children, you might want to find a closer hotel, use the parking garage, or take the tram (though I don't recall there being a tram stop very close to that hotel).

Oh and Happy Birthday! We're going to be there the exact same week, the 1st through the 6th. Maybe we'll see you there! :D

Courtney Anne
01-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Oh and Happy Birthday! We're going to be there the exact same week, the 1st through the 6th. Maybe we'll see you there! :D

Thanks for the early birthday wishes !!

We should keep in touch and try to meet up !

As for kids - it is kinda a walk at the end of the day - then again - anything feels like miles after being at the park all day. If you cut thru Grand Californian then it doesn't feel so long.

I think ART drops off at the BW Stovall's across the street - or maybe in front of Tiffy's Family Restaurant.

Malcon10t
01-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the early birthday wishes !!

We should keep in touch and try to meet up !

As for kids - it is kinda a walk at the end of the day - then again - anything feels like miles after being at the park all day. If you cut thru Grand Californian then it doesn't feel so long.

I think ART drops off at the BW Stovall's across the street - or maybe in front of Tiffy's Family Restaurant.It drops/picks up in both places. Just use caution eating at Tiffy's.

Katran
01-09-2007, 09:00 AM
I've eaten their ice cream, which I enjoyed, but never tried anything else.

I figured the tram stopped somewhere nearby, but we didn't use it when we stayed there so I never really paid attention. DH and I walked to and from the park, and it wasn't bad but we didn't have any small kids with us.

I'd love to meet up at the park! I'll be with a group of 8, including a very big guy (tall and heavy), so we might not be too hard to miss, lol!

Courtney Anne
01-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Just use caution eating at Tiffy's.

Years (and years ago) when we ate there - I thought it was good.

This last trip we only ate in the park so i haven't been there in a couple years - has it gotten bad ?

I like CoCo's - and CoCo is my nickname so maybe we wil eat there !!

Malcon10t
01-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Years (and years ago) when we ate there - I thought it was good.

This last trip we only ate in the park so i haven't been there in a couple years - has it gotten bad ?

I like CoCo's - and CoCo is my nickname so maybe we wil eat there !!Last we ate there was 2005, and it was GROSS. Brown lettuce, moldy bread, the table was dirty and we had to wipe it ourselves. Others here have also complained. I figure they get enough first timers to stay in business.

Courtney Anne
01-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Last we ate there was 2005, and it was GROSS. Brown lettuce, moldy bread, the table was dirty and we had to wipe it ourselves. Others here have also complained. I figure they get enough first timers to stay in business.

Well, that sucks. If we make this a five day trip... I am planning on hitting the Von's or Target for some simple groceies ! It will help save a little bit of money !

mousemom
01-09-2007, 07:03 PM
So now you've got me dreaming about another trip! How long of a walk would it be to DL maingates for someone who tends to walk kind of fast? Also, does anyone know their website or phone # so they can be reached directly? Wouldn't it be nice to be there again!

Courtney Anne
01-09-2007, 07:58 PM
So now you've got me dreaming about another trip! How long of a walk would it be to DL maingates for someone who tends to walk kind of fast? Also, does anyone know their website or phone # so they can be reached directly? Wouldn't it be nice to be there again!

http://www.parksidehotels.com/hoteldisplay.asp?hotelid=10

I haven't stayed there in years... but with my friend (almost 20 yrs older than me) and THREE KIDS - I think it took us no more tan 15 minutes - and we walked all the way thru DTD the first day. Cutting thru DGC and going in thru DCA would be much shorter... or going thru DGC and popping out towards the end of DTD would be faster as well.

It isn't a bad walk at all.

To me it is silly to really worry about the walking - I mean I am doing it all day ! It just seems bad - because all you are walking to is a bed and a pillow - not TOT or INDY or BTMRR...

Katran
01-09-2007, 08:01 PM
I was going to say about 15 minutes as well, maybe 20.

Courtney Anne
01-09-2007, 08:04 PM
I was going to say about 15 minutes as well, maybe 20.

So you are doing a trip with NO KIDS ???

If I get everything worked out - then it will be ME and my SON, who is 11 (going on 15)

mousemom
01-09-2007, 08:17 PM
That was fast! This may sound silly but as I always stay across the street I don't really know how the tram works. When leaving Disneyland where would I pick it up if I don't want to walk? Is it along that walkway between DL maingates and Harbor Blvd?

Courtney Anne
01-09-2007, 08:27 PM
That was fast! This may sound silly but as I always stay across the street I don't really know how the tram works. When leaving Disneyland where would I pick it up if I don't want to walk? Is it along that walkway between DL maingates and Harbor Blvd?

it would have been faster - but i had just gotten home - and back on my laptop

i can't remember where to get the trams - or ART (Anaheim Resort Transportation) there should be a sign - i was going to guess - but someone should remember

if i stay there - i will walk - unless i am dying :p

Katran
01-10-2007, 09:58 AM
When DH and I went last year we had no kids with us. This year we are taking 4 kids, ages 14, 13, 8 and 4. We are definitely not walking, we will most likely do the tram. When I took my middle daughter, who was 10 at the time, we walked the first one or two days and then parked the rest, mostly because of the walk back late at night. Yeah, you're walking around Disneyland all day, but if you get tired or your feet get sore you can sit down pretty much anytime you want (not to mention the fact that you spend a lot of time sitting on the rides). A 15-20 minute walk straight can be pretty exhausting at the end of a long day, especially for a child.

Just remember, you have to buy tickets for the tram ahead of time. If your hotel doesn't sell them, they should be able to tell you where to get them. I think there's a place on the corner of Katella and Harbor, but I don't remember for sure.

Malcon10t
01-10-2007, 10:42 AM
Just remember, you have to buy tickets for the tram ahead of time. If your hotel doesn't sell them, they should be able to tell you where to get them. I think there's a place on the corner of Katella and Harbor, but I don't remember for sure.If you purchase your tickets thru Disney Travel, and tell them you are staying at a Good Neighbor hotel, you can buy a "transportation" ticket, which they will send you up to 6 ART tickets good for your entire visit for $36. But you have to buy the same number of park hoppers. So, if you buy 4 park hoppers, you can buy 4 transportation tickets (its $9 each, or $36 for "family up to 6" which ever is cheaper.). And under 10s don't need a ticket.

Courtney Anne
01-10-2007, 10:45 AM
I didn't realize you had four kids with you ! I would do the TRAM as well.

I hope I get to see you there !!

Katran
01-10-2007, 02:21 PM
Yeah, we're taking my three daughter and my 4-year-old nephew. And our hotel is farther away than we usually stay at, so I'm not sure even we adults could handle the walk this time.