PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian Hotel

Alisonsmom
01-08-2007, 12:13 PM
I am going to Disneyland Jan 26-30 and I have a friend who will be there and is staying at the Grand California Hotel. I have looked and the cheapest I can find is $340/night. That would be crazy for just me and my daughter. Do you know if they hotel doesn't book up if they release rooms for less? I mean getting some money for an empty room would be better than just leaving it empty and getting no money right?

hlbtimes2
01-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Its a weekend, so I wouldnt count on it. Expedia does have PP for $225 a night, and with 4 nights you get a $150 gift card. PP is just across the street from the GC, might be worth considering.

pisces
01-08-2007, 01:02 PM
I am going to Disneyland Jan 26-30 and I have a friend who will be there and is staying at the Grand California Hotel. I have looked and the cheapest I can find is $340/night. That would be crazy for just me and my daughter. Do you know if they hotel doesn't book up if they release rooms for less? I mean getting some money for an empty room would be better than just leaving it empty and getting no money right?

I've not known them to have empty rooms. They usually sell out. It's one of the nicer hotels in Orange County. And, not everyone who stays there is a Park guest. They do a big Convention business. The only time I got a cheaper rate was in January of 2005, and that was only because of the Tsunami, but even with that, I found the lower rate with a local AAA. The hotel didn't just lower their rates.

Rates are high there, because they have no problem filling rooms.

jeffthechef
01-08-2007, 01:40 PM
You can try the week of your trip. I was successful doing this a couple years ago at Paradise Pier...

Walrus & Carpenter
01-08-2007, 01:47 PM
You could try the Disneyland Hotel right next door. That might save you about $100

Bolivar
01-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Assuming you concider a quarter mile away to be right next door. The DLH is the closest, but it is about a quarter mile from the GCH.

Alisonsmom
01-08-2007, 05:40 PM
You can try the week of your trip. I was successful doing this a couple years ago at Paradise Pier...

That's what I was wondering if anyone had tried it. And as of right now they have rooms but yes it could get booked up in the next two weeks. I've stayed at PP and that is really a far walk for a 2 yr old. DLH is also a long walk. I LOVE GCH but oh well.