PDA

View Full Version : Carnation Cafe Mickey Mouse Waffle Recipe

JookyG
01-08-2007, 11:11 AM
Okay, so I got a Mickey Mouse waffle maker for Christmas from my sweetie. Granted, it's not the same as the deep-pocket Belgian-style Mickey waffles you get at Carnation Cafe, but I'd love to use the authentic waffle batter recipe. Yeah, I'm a Disneyland nerd.

Does anyone here have the Carnation Cafe waffle batter recipe? I figure I'll ask here first before writing a letter to City Hall. I'd love to be able to make and eat them this Saturday morning while I'm watching cartoons. I live in WA, so it's not like I can stroll into City Hall and ask. I was going to do that on my last visit, but the line was way too long.

Thanks, Mousepadders!

yenko427
01-08-2007, 11:55 AM
JookyG I am with you!! I got one too for Christmas along with the grilled sandwich maker. I am saving to use them until we get back from the trip (that way my son is excited about them at the park). Let me know if you get the recipe because I would like it too. Thanks!!

yohomama212
01-08-2007, 12:24 PM
WDW Mickey Waffle Recipe
http://www.magicalmountain.net/WDWRecipesDetail.asp?RecipeID=25

Try this, and let me know how it works out. I'll keep looking for you!

Liz :cool:

JookyG
01-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Ha! I knew I could count on you guys. What took so long? It was over an hour before someone posted the link! LOL, just kiddin! There's a good reason I have high expectations of the folks on this board. I can always count on finding answers to the nerdiest little questions :-)

Thanks, Liz! I'll order some of that waffle flour and post back with the results. I wonder if it's a different recipe for DLR, though. Hmmm.

yohomama212
01-08-2007, 12:40 PM
I have two kids to chase around! If it were just me, you would have had the answer sooner. And if you check my other recent posts, I've been tending to the masses today. I love becoming a Disney nerd!

Liz :cool:

Mr.Bear
01-08-2007, 01:50 PM
With a sad heart :( we are returning our Mickey waffle maker. It never really got the so called waffle cooked. We were going to overlook the fact that it doesn’t’ make the “waffle” marks and really makes Mickey shaped pan cakes. But the never getting cooked in the middle (on adjustment nobs) and the fact we returned the first one because the red light on the top was broken has made us decide the waffle maker should go back.
It did go great with our Mickey dishes and bowls.

I look forward to hearing how yours works. If it does of course I’ll get another one.