PDA

View Full Version : Priority Seating at Disneyland?

SJF510
01-08-2007, 10:28 AM
I have seen mention of PS for Blue Bayou etc. at DL. Is DL operating the full PS for the park? I have always stood on line at park opening or gotten lucky with a walk up to eat at BB. What is the new policy? Thanks.

Malcon10t
01-08-2007, 10:51 AM
I have seen mention of PS for Blue Bayou etc. at DL. Is DL operating the full PS for the park? I have always stood on line at park opening or gotten lucky with a walk up to eat at BB. What is the new policy? Thanks.You can try walk up, but Disney has offered PS for quite some time (5-7 years?) Depending on the season, you can get in early, but during the Christmas/New Years week, there were no openings at all for walk ups.

pisces
01-08-2007, 01:23 PM
I had walk-up seating at both Cafe Orleans and Blue Bayou on New Years Eve.

But, I'm a single diner, and it's fairly easy to squeeze in one person, even if it's not always the best table.

Although, this past New Year's Eve, I thought both tables were fantastic.

New Year's Eve is kind of a different day, in that a lot of people holding reservations, can't even get over to NOS at the time of their reservations.

I'm guessing that's how I got a walk-up (waterside table) at 1:00 pm at BB New Year's Eve.

I'm still in shock that I got that table, but I did.

Donald Duck Fan68
01-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Follow up question:

How early can you call to get PS? Is it 30 days out or 60?

Dexter
01-08-2007, 02:22 PM
For dining priority seating you can call 60 days out prior to your visit to the resort.

Edited to add: For F! premium seating you can call 30 days prior to make arrangements.

Dexter
01-08-2007, 04:06 PM
I didn't see it mentioned here, but it goes without saying.

The phone number to make priority seatings is: 714-781-DINE (3463)

The phone number to make F! Premium Seating is: 714-781-4400

SJF510
01-08-2007, 04:08 PM
What is F! Premium seating? Thanks!

Dexter
01-08-2007, 04:13 PM
F! is shorthand for Fantasmic! premium seating is in two locations during the performances down near the dock in front of the haunted mansion, the other is on the balcony of the disney gallery. Both include a dessert buffet and beverages. It's been so long since I attended one of the premium seatings that I don't currently know what drinks they offer. The desserts are varied as well. When I attended, they had cheesecake, chocolate cake, fruit tarts, mini creme brule and seasonal fruit.

EDITED to add: this is a seperately ticketed item and seats for the balcony are very limited. I think last I heard, the tickets were $55 dollars a person.

LibertyCall
01-08-2007, 04:17 PM
It's Fantasmic! priortiy seating. Best thing ever! You can get waterfront seating or balcony seating (the art gallery in NOS balcony). I did waterfront the first time and balcony last time.

I don't know how things have changed in the last two years, but the balcony seating was more quiet, relaxed, had MUCH better dessert selection. However, we had three little kids with us (the only kids up there) who were obviously bothing the other seat holders with their excitement, so we'll do the waterfront again next time.

I think the waterfront is better with little kids because you're right up front and you can feel the heat from the water. I like everything about it better than the bacony, aside from the selection of desserts.

LibertyCall
01-08-2007, 04:19 PM
And I think you get boxed selection of desserts on the waterfront now (mickey rice crispie treats, chocolate dipped strawberries, etc.). On the balcony they have yummy cakes, etc. It's money well spent, IMO.

Dexter
01-08-2007, 04:22 PM
And I think you get boxed selection of desserts on the waterfront now (mickey rice crispie treats, chocolate dipped strawberries, etc.). On the balcony they have yummy cakes, etc. It's money well spent, IMO.

I agree fully about money well spent. The last time I walked past the dock, I noticed that they had a full buffet table just like the balcony, they may have gone back to the boxes, but for a while they had the same table layout as the gallery balcony.