PDA

View Full Version : First timer Help!

horsemom
01-08-2007, 09:06 AM
THis will be my families first trip to MICKEY(doing the happy dance you just can't see). I want to make it completely magical for my 5and 9 year old(okay so maybe my husband can have fun too) WE are staying 5 to 7 days only going to DL. Can anyone reccomend a good hotel(decent price) probally a suite or large to give us space with in a short walking distance. I would also appreciate info on how to find good rates and deals. ANy advice For a first timer. Empty your knowledge directly into the computer. Sorry for so many questions I am just so excited!!!! Oh and would the first part of June be a good time to go?

nvmom
01-08-2007, 09:11 AM
Well if you're looking for a good sized suite you might look at the Camelot Inn & Suites. It is very close, just across the cross walk from the main entrance and over a couple of motels. It is not fancy, actually- most of the motels in the area are older- some are just cleaner and better maintained. The Camelot was clean and convenient. Other motels are often recommended on this board are the Howard Johnson (HoJo) & the Candy Cane Inn. These two are not suites. I had a friend who stayed at the Park View Inn last Oct in a suite and was also very pleased.

nvmom

Jodi
01-08-2007, 09:25 AM
I can't help with the hotels because I'm a local, so we stay at home, but as far as timing, the beginning of June should be good for you. Most SoCal schools don't get out until around the 20th, so you should not see the huge summer crowds yet.

Have Fun!

Bolivar
01-08-2007, 09:29 AM
I stayed in the Park Vue in August, in a suite, and while I loved it, I don't think I would stay there given your situation. The reason I say that is that the rooms are newly remodeled and lovely and the hotel is right across the street, but there are no grounds at all and while there is a pool, it is just stuck in the middle of the parking lot.

For a stay of just a few days where you are spending every minute either in the park or in your room this is fine, but given that you will be there for 5 to 7 days, I would assume that you will want to spend more time resting around the pool and hotel grounds in the afternoons. The Park Vue is not the place for this.

Bytebear
01-08-2007, 09:53 AM
If you have never been to the ocean, I would recommend going to the beach at least one day. You can choose from busy boardwalk type beaches or quiet secluded coves, but with small kids, don't let them near the water without a lifeguard around.