PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot, Disney Form Marketing, Product Deal - Yahoo / Reuters, 5/23/02

AVP
05-28-2002, 08:33 AM
Home Depot, Disney Form Marketing, Product Deal (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=&ncid=762&e=9&u=/nm/20020524/media_nm/retail_homedepot_disney_dc_2)- Yahoo / Reuters, 5/23/02

QuikQuote: Home Depot Inc. and media giant Walt Disney Co. said on Thursday they have formed an alliance under which the world's largest home improvement retailer will create Disney-branded products and buy advertising time on Disney's various TV networks.

Bill Catherall
05-28-2002, 09:22 AM
Let's just hope it's better quality products than that junk at Wal*mart. (I've fallen victim to more than one Wal*mart Disney product that just doesn't hold up. I don't know if they were produced by Wal*mart, but I've seen them sold only there.)

Flubber
05-28-2002, 09:41 AM
I can't wait to get to my 24 hour a day Home Depot and buy a Donald Duck Pond Liner, Goofy's Stucco Patch or a Binford Power Saw. Oh Boy!

Flub

RStar
05-28-2002, 10:25 AM
I have a Mickey Mouse themed bathroom. I wonder if I will be able to get a Mickey toilet to....................
well you know.
:D

MonorailMan
05-28-2002, 11:59 AM
I would love to see a "Binford" line of products! :)

cstephens
05-28-2002, 01:35 PM
Kinda OT but just curious why this thread, the Kodak thread, and the unofficial Disney sites thread are all in the general column discussions section...

AVP
05-28-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
Kinda OT but just curious why this thread, the Kodak thread, and the unofficial Disney sites thread are all in the general column discussions section...

Because we don't have a "Walt Disney Company" forum, and we thought it would be strange to have some news items that could not be discussed. I have asked the other mods where they want these to be cross-posted from the news forum. At the moment, the opinion seems to be to put them in the General Entertainment section, since Disney is an entertainment company, If you want to suggest a more appropriate forum, we can certainly consider that as well.

AVP

adriennek
05-28-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
I would love to see a "Binford" line of products! :)

There already is a Binford line of products, actually. I can't remember where I saw them, but I remember seeing them-- it was either Home Depot or Sears, but I wanna say HD.

Adrienne K

cstephens
05-28-2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by AVP
I have asked the other mods where they want these to be cross-posted from the news forum. At the moment, the opinion seems to be to put them in the General Entertainment section, since Disney is an entertainment company, If you want to suggest a more appropriate forum, we can certainly consider that as well.

Yep, I'd have to agree that General Entertainment makes the most sense. (I think I've seen similar news items cross-posted there, but I'm not entirely sure.) If nothing else, I think Lounge would work since it's a catch all. Since the stories have nothing to do with any MP columns, it just didn't make sense to me to have them in the column section.

JeffG
05-28-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by AVP

Because we don't have a "Walt Disney Company" forum, and we thought it would be strange to have some news items that could not be discussed. I have asked the other mods where they want these to be cross-posted from the news forum. At the moment, the opinion seems to be to put them in the General Entertainment section, since Disney is an entertainment company, If you want to suggest a more appropriate forum, we can certainly consider that as well.

I agree that "General Entertainment" probably makes the most sense with the current sections (I assume you know that this thread isn't in that section, by the way...), but it seems to me that this issue may be revealing a key discussion subject that is missing a section.

The next time you are considering adding another section to the forum, I propose that "Walt Disney Company Business and Marketing" might be a good choice. In the past, I've seen a number of discussions that probably would be most appropriate for such a section, but which have instead been scattered to the various theme park sections, the general entertainment section, or even to the lounge. There does seem to be quite a bit of interest in the business of the company here, so I suspect that section could generate a fair amount of traffic. Maybe you could even ask Dan S. if he would be interested in leading it.

-Jeff

Lani
05-29-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by JeffG
The next time you are considering adding another section to the forum, I propose that "Walt Disney Company Business and Marketing" might be a good choice.Jeff, you will happy to note that we have taken your suggestion and created a new Column Discussions forum called "Business of Magic" for just such a purpose.

JeffG
05-29-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by lani
Jeff, you will happy to note that we have taken your suggestion and created a new Column Discussions forum called "Business of Magic" for just such a purpose.

Very cool! Thanks!

-Jeff