PDA

View Full Version : 4days or 5days at Disney

Micmarie
01-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Advice-should I get a 4day or 5day parkhopper for me and my children( they are 8,13 and 16) .... what is a satisfactory amount of time for first trip?

geoffa
01-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Given that DCA can be done in a day I'g go for the 4 day but I can guarantee there'll be those who will say 5.

Wendi
01-07-2007, 11:08 AM
I would certainly do 5 days. I still prefer 5-day trips and I've been there hundreds of times! It is just more relaxing and gives you more time to explore and you don't have to worry about sitting on a bench for a nice break, you will have plenty of time to do what you want to do and you won't be in a rush to get everything in.

junglemom
01-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Given that DCA can be done in a day I'g go for the 4 day but I can guarantee there'll be those who will say 5.Me, I'd say 5. I guarantee on that fourth day you'll be glad you have one more! The more time I have at the park, the easier it is for me to relax and know I can skip something because the line is too long. I know I'll catch it the next day or the next.

Bolivar
01-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Given that DCA can be done in a day I'g go for the 4 day but I can guarantee there'll be those who will say 5.
You can pretty much do everything in both parks in two days, three max but is that really the point?

For us the first day, even the second, is full of the kids wanting to run around and get on this ride or that, go do this one again. It is easier to slow them down sooner if they know they have more time. Once they slow down, is when the joy of Disneyland can start to happen. Walking through the park at a relaxed pace soaking in the atmosphere, finding hiding corners, going into a shop the kids just dragged you past on the way to Splash Mountain the day before. Also if you have more time, you can spend more relaxing at the pool or wandering the grounds of the DLH.

Given the choice I would do five rather than four.

kohl
01-07-2007, 11:19 AM
My vote is for 5 also. We visit AT LEAST twice a year and it never seems like enough time.

Nancy
01-07-2007, 11:23 AM
If you're the type that rushes to every attraction then 4 days are good. But if you want to take in everything visually as well as ride the rides and have the time and money, go for 5. We have been going for years and years and on the last day of our trip (no matter how many days we are there) my now teens still say "I can't believe we're leaving today".

bradk
01-07-2007, 11:31 AM
i did 5 which included a half day private tour of doing almost nothing and by day 4 i was bored to tears to be honest. unless you're doing half days a lot, 5 days is way too much in my opinion.. at least in the off season.. maybe during peak

vfire
01-07-2007, 11:42 AM
If you're going during off-peak times, then four days is certainly enough. You'll be able to finish DCA in one day, and then three days in DL will give you time to relax and do everything a couple times if you wish. There are other things you can do in Southern California on that fifth day. :cool:

rentayenta
01-07-2007, 11:58 AM
I vote for 5 days too. We always do 5 days and it seems to be just the amount right of time. The time of year will matter as well. We like a full day in DCA and 2 full days in Disneyland. Then depending on what everyone want to do we will park hop another day and spend a half day in DTD. We always spend the last night of the trip in Disneyland.

Micmarie
01-07-2007, 11:59 AM
:) We will be there for Feb 3-16!

rentayenta
01-07-2007, 12:00 PM

With that much time I would definetly do 5 days. What are your other plans? Are you staying in Anaheim? You might want to spend the night in San Diego and do 2 days down there.

Micmarie
01-07-2007, 12:05 PM
We planned days to KBF,US,SW,shopping,sightseeing. My kids have been to so many zoos they don' care to see another!

rentayenta
01-07-2007, 12:07 PM
We planned days to KBF,US,SW,shopping,sightseeing. My kids have been to so many zoos they don' care to see another!

Knott's is fun and a one day event for sure.

Same with Universal.

Sea World is a blast.

Have you thought about Legoland?

The beaches are fabulous too.

Catalina Island might be fun day trip as well as Balboa Island.

bradk
01-07-2007, 12:09 PM
i've been to many zoological parks. very few compare to san diego's, it's also one of 4 in north america that has giant pandas on display.

and i've never experienced anything like the wild animal park, particularly the photo safari (but there may be age requirements with that).

Micmarie
01-07-2007, 12:24 PM
I'll have to check out the website maby my kids will change their mind, thanks for the info!

disneyhound
01-07-2007, 12:48 PM
The difference between a 4 and 5 day park hopper is only $10 per ticket. Go for the 5 day! When you have an extra day, you can lay back a bit, there is always tomorrow... :p

hlbtimes2
01-07-2007, 01:12 PM
You could always buy 4 day tickets, then upgrade on the 3rd or 4th day if you think you'll need more time. Just be sure you do it before the end of the 4th day- you can't come back and do it on day 5!

MickeyDogMom
01-07-2007, 01:15 PM
We just got back from 12 days in Disneyland/DCA, nothing else. So 5 days for me is just too short.

I reccommend more time, it gives you more time to relax and less pressure to do everything.

raediance
01-07-2007, 01:22 PM
You don't want to be like "Let's do everything because we only have [this many days]!". You want to be able to relax, take in the magic, and have fun! The more the better (and more money).

LibertyCall
01-07-2007, 02:27 PM
We always go for five days and still, on the last day, I'm always wishing we had at least one more. We have three kids, 6 and under, and like to take our time, spend some time at the pool, etc.

Micmarie
01-07-2007, 07:26 PM
I've decided to go with the majority and we are making it 5 days!!!!!Thanks for all your help.

Courtney Anne
01-07-2007, 11:32 PM

Feb. 3 is my birthday - and I am hoping to be done there myself !!!

darph nader
01-07-2007, 11:51 PM
YES. Either/neither or both.;)
btw whicw ever you decide,have a good time.:cool:

darph nader
01-07-2007, 11:53 PM
YES. Either/neither or both.;)
btw which ever you decide,have a good time.:cool: