PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain Restrainsts?

justagrrl
05-28-2002, 06:32 AM
Um....sorry if this has already been asked and answered...

Does Splash Mountain now have seatbelts or lapbar or anything?

Has anyone been on with a small child (that's right around the 40" mark)? How comfortable did you / they feel about the seating config?

cstephens
05-28-2002, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl
Does Splash Mountain now have seatbelts or lapbar or anything?

Nope. No restraints. But you fit better in the seats now.

Uncle Dick
05-28-2002, 12:09 PM
Additionally, each of the new seatbacks has a "handle-like" thingy built into its back so you can hold on to the seat in front of you if necessary.

Mad Madam Mim
05-28-2002, 12:31 PM
Of course, if you have a child who is a little aprehisive and want to stay close to mom or dad.... then.............. oh well,

Your just sorry out of luck. The kid has to ride by him/her self....... I know i wouldn't have been able to get sparky on it had it been like that befor....

cstephens
05-28-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Mad Madam Mim
Of course, if you have a child who is a little aprehisive and want to stay close to mom or dad.... then.............. oh well,

Your just sorry out of luck. The kid has to ride by him/her self.......

Actually, my feeling about this is that if the child is aprehensive about the ride, he/she should just not ride it rather than be forced to ride it alone. Why make a child do something he or she isn't ready for? It's only a ride.

Mad Madam Mim
05-28-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by cstephens

Actually, my feeling about this is that if the child is aprehensive about the ride, he/she should just not ride it rather than be forced to ride it alone. Why make a child do something he or she isn't ready for? It's only a ride.

oh wow, i so agree, i hate watching parents force their child on to a ride when they are frightned, however, sparky wasn't so scared that she didn't want to go on it AT ALL as long as she was riding with me....

of course now she's older and love's riding without me :(.....

my baby is growing up :crying:

jslivinski
06-07-2002, 10:56 AM
I'm giving this thread a bump, since this was one of my questions. My son will not be happy to hear he won't be allowed to ride Splash Mountain anymore, but hubby didn't like him on it before because of no seatbelts, but at least he could hold him, now I'm sure he won't let him on it and to be honest I wouldn't be comfortable with him sitting by himself.

MMM: Out of curiosity, have you let Sparky ride since the change? Since she is 7 and Josh is 8 I would be interested in her experience/perspective if she has.

Mad Madam Mim
06-07-2002, 12:32 PM
jslivinsky: Sparky and I are going tonight i will let you know. I'm sure she will be fine though, she is an adrinalin junky.

Also, I seem to remember from being on it last week, that a parent can scoot up and put their arms around the child infront of them.... as uncomfortable as that would be.... The other option, if i remeber correctly, someone mentioned a dauble seat in the back of some of the logs and a parent could request that one and sit with there little love.

But I will post here about it..... oh wait, but not til monday, i am away from a computer till then...:)

justagrrl
06-07-2002, 03:00 PM
Thought I'd report back...took my 3 year old ds (40 1/2" tall or so) for a little Splash Mountain ride. Thought he'd chicken out but no way...He was waaaaaay ready to go. He's a bit funny about rides that involve dark stuff and he's sensitive about getting wet so I couldn't believe that he was so enthusiastic about it. We had a great ride though and just loved it. Keeps asking when we're going back to ride it...and it's now replaced Casey Jr. as his fav.!

Mad Madam Mim
06-10-2002, 07:19 AM
Went on Splash, was at the park Sunday too. She did just fine. And you can still put your arms around your child in the seat infront of you it's just a little uncomofrtable..... of caurse if your hmmmmm how do put this in an acceptable MP way, ummmm if you have been ubundantlyblessed in the upper tourso department, you won't be able to......

jslivinski
07-23-2002, 02:17 PM
Thought I would add my own experience into the mix. Josh was fine. Hubby went on the first time with him and then Josh went on by himself the next 2+ times and had a great time. Hubby did restrict him to holding on and not raising his hands on the drop (then he stood at the foot to watch him).

So, it seems that all of our concerns were for not, the issue it seems is not an issue.