PDA

View Full Version : Using Visa Rewards points for renewing pass

MinnieMomma
01-07-2007, 09:22 AM
I had been saving my Visa reward points to upgrade my pass to Premium this year. I renewed on line and put in my Rewards card number, expiration date, etc. where it asked me to, put in my Disney Visa Card info to pay the balance where I was directed to and sent it off. The pass came in the mail yesterday and the invoice told me the whole amount was charged to the Visa. I called the number on the invoice to ask what had happened with the rewards card and was put on hold for LONG time. The girl was very confused and not sure how to answer my question about what happened, so I finally got on the phone with a manager named Mike. He told me that there was no way for me to use the Rewards card on line to renew my pass and he had no idea how I was even able to enter the information on the web site (?). The site had asked me first if I wanted to use any Rewards points and provided me the space to put it in. He confirmed that the original order goes to a third party company that processes the request, so he didn't have anything in front of him. He wants me to go to Guest Services the next time I'm over there, they will return 100$ to my Visa by "returning" a 2 day child's pass to my card (I'll have pay 2$) and THEN they'll take the money off my Rewards card. Uhhhh, what? I guess I'll use the Rewards when I renew one of my girl's passes in Feb. and do it on site at Disneyland, but then we won't get the 20$ off. What a hassle. But Mike tells me I can't do it on line.
I just hope the money is still on my Rewards Card. I'll drive out there this week after work/school some evening and see.

jenvaz
01-09-2007, 12:32 PM
You can also view your rewards balance online through the Chase website. I have done it many times, it is really easy.

ghoofie
01-09-2007, 03:14 PM
I used my rewards points to renew my AP, but through the mail. I wrote in my number and told them how much I have on it and to charge my credit card for the balance. It worked perfect. Never tried it on line though.