PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic in high winds

eds905
01-07-2007, 09:05 AM
OK, I can understand the fireworks not going because of wind, but why F!? The small amount of pyro that they do does not seem like it would endanger the guests or the actors. Can somebody give me a good reason that they shouldn't do the show in high wind? (It will make me feel beter and help me stop griping)

bradk
01-07-2007, 09:17 AM
i wouldn't know exactly, but i know that when they consider canceling the fireworks due to high winds, everyone always chatters about how they don't feel anything at all and that's because the stronger winds are higher in the atmosphere, so any weather that can cause potential harm to any of the cast members in any capacity will prevent the show from going on.

Vegitabeta
01-07-2007, 09:22 AM
Maybe because they use fireworks in F!? Also, the mist-screen effects won't work great if the mist is being blown away.

raediance
01-07-2007, 09:34 AM
I always felt bad for people during the summer who were visiting DL for their first time and something like that was cancelled. But they probably know a bit more about safety. Experience, maybe?

Malcon10t
01-07-2007, 10:18 AM
OK, I can understand the fireworks not going because of wind, but why F!? The small amount of pyro that they do does not seem like it would endanger the guests or the actors. Can somebody give me a good reason that they shouldn't do the show in high wind? (It will make me feel beter and help me stop griping)First, take a look at those high towers that run the lights that are around the Rivers of America. Look at the very top. They have people up there to run the spots. Not safe in high winds. Next, Sorceror Mickey on top of the house in wind. The platform is fairly small. Then there is the dragon. The dragon is fairly lightweight. It blows around with even a small amount of wind. The mist screens blow too much to see the show when there are winds, so it pretty much ruins the show there. Then there are the pyros that are shot off. As it is, they often have to close off the area by the raft dock due to it being a fall out area when there is a slight wind. When there is rain or wind, they also don't allow the chimeny sweeps to be on the Mark Twain due to safety.

geoffa
01-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Given that you can feel the heat of the river flames when sat near the front I wouldn't want them lapping at me and my blanket during a performance. Also -the performers safety has to be paramount. Mickey may be clipped on a safety leash when on the roof of the hut but a high wind could cause serious problems. Same applies to Maleficent when she raises into the air. Also, would you enjoy seeing Mickey scorched when he fires of those sparkling jeys from his hands? Safety is safety and whilst it may be disappointing to miss a show Disney need to know that both cast and guests are safe.

MouseWife
01-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Ah, perhaps you were there on Friday night? We were and while it was disappointing, I know they wouldn't cancel it without a good reason.

There are some pyrotechnics and that would be enough. It was very windy. At our hotel the wind was blowing something fierce.

I am sad we missed it, my son has never seen it.

I wondered how we were able to get such good seats close to show time.

yohomama212
01-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Anyone in the DL area know if they're likely to do the fireworks tonight or not? I know tonight is the last night for the Holiday Magic Fireworks and my kids haven't seen them this season. I would love for them to see them before they're gone til November, but I'm not going to waste my time and energy (and sanity... keeping two young kids up til 10 is no fun), if there's not going to be fireworks tonight. It's still pretty windy out here and I'd like to know before the kids and I are upset.

Liz :cool:

hlbtimes2
01-07-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm not an expert, and I'm not in the area, but I would guess no fireworks tonight. There is a wind advisory warning for the Anaheim area. It will be in effect until tomorrow afternoon.

eds905
01-12-2007, 04:51 PM
would you enjoy seeing Mickey scorched when he fires of those sparkling jeys from his hands?

Actually,...

Thank you for the reasons. Now I can stop whining. :)