PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror is Disney Mag

justagrrl
05-28-2002, 05:21 AM
There was a little right up in the Disney Mag. this month that included a brief article about Tower of Terror in DCA...

It says it was redesigned the ride to look like a 1928 Hotel designed in the southwest Pueblo Deco style of architecture (similar to L.A. City Hall.)....."this version hs three operational elevators as well as one completely new effect: All we can say about that at this early date is that in involves disappearing guests!"

It will have a 13 story drop like the other one also.

Just thought the disappearing guests thing was interesting - thought I'd read on this site that that was in the air and some people didn't think that they'd do that here...but then Disney Mag said this was a "new" effect so I'm a little confused having never been to the other hotel to know what would be considered different...

Also interesting is the headline over the article:

Getting the Shaft
You can check into the spooky new hotel at Disney's California Adventure
...but will you ever leave?

(we were just discussing the Hotel Ca. by the Eagles and here they go and nearly quote the song - go figure!)

Tigertail777
05-31-2002, 02:22 PM
I know this is a little late in posting, but I too found the article interesting, and thought it more than a bit funny that they nearly quoted the eagles hotel california. If nothing else, they may use the eagle's song in the que line maybe?

DisneylandBoy
05-31-2002, 04:46 PM
I personally cannot wait until TOT opens. I am glad to see that they are redesigning it for DCA. I don't want the EXACT same thing as WDW. I just hope they don't cheap out, but it doesn't sound they are going to.

Nigel2
05-31-2002, 09:30 PM
If they use the eagle's song at all odds are it would be outside (possibly on the way to) the hotel since I doubt that would fit into the theme of an abandoned 1920's hotel.:D

RStar
06-03-2002, 10:59 AM
I also found the article interesting in that I kept hearing on MP that we were going to get a "Dumbed up version" or a "Cheeper version". They make it sound like it will be a better version. Have they decided they need to do better than they have at this lackluster new park? Or have we been getting bad info.? I don't know if I will ever get to WDW, so I look forward to seeing this ride here.:D

Has any one else seen the "Tower of Terror" movie they made? Made me interested in the ride because I new the story. By the way, even though it is a 1928 built hotel, the "Terror" part is happening in the present, so the Egals song would still be relevant. I like the song myself. And it would almost fit the soundtrack idea they use at DCA.