PDA

View Full Version : How does one become a travel agent for Disney?

mel g
01-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Does anybody know? Is there a contact email or phone number? I have spent hours searching for this. The kicker is that I live in Canada & my dream is to work for Disney. If I can't work in the park, then I may as well help people to get there. If anyone has any information, please let me know. I have been thinking about pursuing this for years, and it is time to start making some career dreams come true. I just can't seem to find the starting point!

Mel.

raediance
01-06-2007, 11:16 PM
My brother sent a buisiness e-mail for school (he's in 4th grade) to the Aladdin Musical. Search for the address at the Disneyland website. (disneyland.com) It's only on certain pages on the left side-bar type thing. He got a letter back two days ago!
Oops! Got it here: https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/help/contactUs?name=ContactUsPage

DisneylandŽ Resort
P.O. Box 3232
1313 S. Harbor Blvd.
Anaheim, CA 92803-3232

mel g
01-07-2007, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the reply. Nice that your brother got a letter back :)

I have emailed Disneyland for more information and been directed back to the Disney Careers web page. I mentioned the Disney Careers webpage in my email and that I had not found any information on that page to help a Canadian or in reference to becoming a Disney travel agent. I am hoping someone here will know more as I have been watching the Disney Career page for months and have not found anything helpful yet....

raediance
01-07-2007, 07:50 AM
Oh wait, I meant he sent a Letter, not an e-mail.
In my brothers letter they talked about age (at least 18 or 17 and a graduating senior), they said you have to furnish documents to verify identity and legal right to work in the United States, something about flexibility, then it says 'It is important that you live within a commutable distance and have a reliable means of transportation to get to and from work. The Disneyland Resort does not provide housing or transportation.
Don't know if that helps much, that was the only part of the letter I found a little bit having to do with your need.
I hope someone can help you better! Good luck!

Drince88
01-07-2007, 08:04 AM
Are you already a travel agent? Are you wanting to work in Canada, or relocate?

There are Disney-focused travel agents that handle a lot of Disney vacations, but they are independent of Disney itself, and you generally (I believe) have to be a licensed travel agent to work for them.

raediance
01-07-2007, 08:16 AM
Try this page, maybe: https://disney.recruitmax.com//main/careerportal/default.cfm?szCareerPortalID=150&szUniqueCareerPortalID=d806a3ad-06f5-4622-b614-74475b752e8e

PanFan
01-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Hi! Don't have any words of wisdom, but just wanted to wish you good luck!

Disney Vault
01-07-2007, 12:26 PM
I think many of us have been unofficial Disney travel agents in the past to friends and family. I would love to get payed for this.

Tinkerbell02
01-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Hi Mel!

I am in the same boat as you. I am a San Francisco State student and I'm getting a degree in Recreation and Leisure with an emphasis in Travel and Tourism. I am doing volunteer work at a travel agency now but I'd like to focus more on Disney travel. I was recommened to do the Disney College Program as a way of getting my foot in the door, so to speak. I don't really want to go that route and I haven't had much luck in finding information on how to become an agent through Disney. They never seem to have openings that describe the job and where it's at and such. However there is an independent online agency called Small World Vacations. I think they sell more Disney World then Disneyland, but I could be wrong. There are some requirements to work with them but you can check that out on their website. That might be a way for you to sell Disney Travel with out working directly for Disney. It's an idea, good luck with the career though, I hope to get there someday too!

bradk
01-07-2007, 01:13 PM
we are talking about working directly for CRO, right? there is a CRO CM I know of an another website I know of. i just don't recall her username. if i track it down, i'll send her a PM and see if I can find out what's required, so to speak.

mel g
01-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and well wishes!

Brad, that would be awesome if you could get in touch with the CM. If you do, please let me know....

I am not a travel agent yet, but working on it. There are a few courses I am looking into taking ASAP, and I have applied at with a travel company/airline vacations for experience. I had a CM who worked for Disney vacations give me her email address a few years back. She took new agents on a tour of the park and taught a travel course at the Disneyland Hotel. This was a few years ago and it seems that she no longer works at Disney as the email address is not valid anymore. Talk about kicking myself for not getting a jump on this sooner. It does give me hope that there are openings like this out there!

Disney College would be great. I am very interested in attending. Has anyone here gone?

All the best Tinkerbell02! I hope you have success in your career goals! Let us all know how it goes.

Have a nice night!

Mel.