PDA

View Full Version : Help - diaper wipes on plane and other questions

disney4us
01-06-2007, 06:25 PM
We are flying to DL tomorrow morning. It's our first flight since the new regulations. I read on another board that diaper wipes are not allowed on the plane. Is this true? What if I need to change DD on the plane? I'm just finishing packing the bags and wanted to double check a few things. I guess I have to leave the juice boxes behind and dump the milk sippy cups before we reach security. Anyone with toddlers fly recently who can tell me what to expect.

hlbtimes2
01-06-2007, 07:35 PM
I dont see anything on the TSA list about wipes. I would take a small ziplock bag with a few in it. I would change her right before you get on the plane and hopefully that will hold her until you get where you are going.
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm#1

yohomama212
01-06-2007, 08:51 PM
STOP!!!!!!!!! DON'T DUMP ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wipes are ok. Juice boxes should be okay. Sippy cups full of milk are definately good to go!

I just took my then 15.5 month old DD to Seattle in November and it was all good. Liquids are restricted to 3 ounces or less (the containers must also be 3 ounces or smaller) with the EXCEPTION of food or drink for infants and toddlers. All liquids (except those for the kids) must fit in a one quart Ziploc stlye bag. I bought new sippy cups (10 ounces, I think) for my DD for the trip (they fit better in the stroller)and filled them both with milk before going through security.

Here's what I found helpful and what the TSA people passed on to me at the airports:

-put food and drinks and any liquids in one container through the security screener, separate from the other bags, coats, shoes, whatever. This helps the screeners help you and get you on your way.
-wear sandals or slip-on type shoes. even the kids are required to remove their shoes through security, if I had known, I wouldn't have put tennis shoes on the both of us, even to Seattle in November.
-don't rush it, the security screeners are usually pretty helpful and will let you take your time, ignore the people behind you.

I hope you get this in time! Have a nice trip and enjoy Disneyland. I'll be there tomorrow and probably Wednesday. We're trying to get to the Holiday fireworks before they end and onto Tom Sawyer's Island before it closes and we get too busy with other life activities!

Liz :cool:

disney4us
01-06-2007, 10:41 PM
thanks for the info. I couldn't find anything either about diaper wipes so I am bringing mine. I understand restrictions, but there are certain items you can't get away from taking when you have kids! I found something on an airlines website that milk and juice was permitted if for a child who was travelling with you and they are under the age of 2. I have all of our snacks in a 1 gallon bag but they are fruit bars and fruit leather etc so I think we should be ok with that.