PDA

View Full Version : Closed and closing rides during our holiday

Micmarie
01-06-2007, 02:17 PM
I noticed on the February calander of events Tom Sawyer Island and Splash Mountain and The Orange Stinger are closed for refurbishment the whole time we will be there. Are we going to miss much? Also the Disneyland Railroad will be closed from our third day on and California Screaming for some of the time. As we are going to other areas while in California and I'm trying to plan for days at DL should I make sure we get in on the last two attractions mentioned while they are open are will it matter ? And are the fireworks usually only on Friday and Saturday in Feb?

nvmom
01-06-2007, 02:29 PM
I've been looking at the Feb & March calendars too for a possible trip. Of course everything at Disneyland is worth seeing once... but what you don't know you don't miss IMO. :) Our first trip was in March 2005 and there's was a lot down for refurb because they were gearing up for the 50th at that point. No fireworks at all, no parades in DL, no railroad, no Splash, didn't go to Tom Saywers Isle anyway- and more. It was our first trip... and we had a wonderful time! Plus it gave us things to look forward to for next trip.

So, no I don't think any of the rides mentioned are cause for worry. Well, I can't speak for Calif Screamin' because none of us want to go on that. I haven't been able to figure out "when" the train goes down? What date did you find? And yes, fireworks typically only happen Fri/Sat in the off season.

nvmom

Micmarie
01-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Feb. 5th it states the DRR is closed:(

Donald Duck Fan68
01-06-2007, 02:49 PM
The rides you mentioned really depend on who's in your party and what you typically like to do in an amusement park. Are you thrill seekers and like the faster roller coaster type rides? Then you'll want to ride CA Screamin' and fit it in before it's closed. Or do you like the nostalgia rides and want to experience a DL classic? In that case, you should ride the train, especially from Tomorrow Land back to Main Street. I wouldn't worry too much about the Orange Stinger being closed, it's not really high on my "must do" rides. I actually have yet to even ride it. If you have young kids in your party, they would have liked Tom Sawyer Island, but you can get a taste of something like it at the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. Splash Mountain is the best ride on the list, IMO, but don't let it bum you out. Just use it as an excuse to return to the park at a time when it's open again.