PDA

View Full Version : High School Musical Rally at Disneyland or DCA?

nvmom
01-06-2007, 09:01 AM
I'm looking at the calendar on the Disneyland website for Feb and it's showing the High School Musical Pep Rally going on at DL? I thought that happened at CA?

nvmom

bassett1976
01-06-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm looking at the calendar on the Disneyland website for Feb and it's showing the High School Musical Pep Rally going on at DL? I thought that happened at CA?

nvmom

Two Thoughts:
1) It shows Punk: NOFX is going to preform at DCA at noon during part of the month.
2) The web site is messed up. It shows Tomorrowland Terrace Presents Instant Replay is playing in DCA instead of DL. The last I knew the Tomorrowland Terrace is not movable, at least not easily movable.

Tinkermommy
01-06-2007, 09:44 AM
I suspect it's a mistake. I noticed the same thing on the website around Christmas, and thought maybe they'd moved it to DL. But when I checked again a few days later, it was back at DCA for the same day it had previously been listed at DL.

Disney Vault
01-06-2007, 09:44 AM
Two Thoughts:
1) It shows Punk: NOFX is going to preform at DCA at noon during part of the month.
2) The web site is messed up. It shows Tomorrowland Terrace Presents Instant Replay is playing in DCA instead of DL. The last I knew the Tomorrowland Terrace is not movable, at least not easily movable.
I wonder if when Disney gets their new website if all these problems will be a thing of the past

rentayenta
01-06-2007, 10:30 AM
I hope they make the show fairly permanent, at least throughout 2007. My kids love HSM and would dig this!

raediance
01-06-2007, 11:53 AM
CA. I hate it. Sorry. x( I'm a lame HSM fan and they don't look like them at all and I'm really picky. So when I first saw it I covered my eyes in disgust and ran for the Sun Wheel.

nvmom
01-06-2007, 01:58 PM
Ok, well thanks... sounds like the calendar is wacko. I'll keep checking back I guess. :)

nvmom

ChipmunkStar
01-06-2007, 02:35 PM
CA. I hate it. Sorry. x( I'm a lame HSM fan and they don't look like them at all and I'm really picky. So when I first saw it I covered my eyes in disgust and ran for the Sun Wheel.

Um... you do realize that they're not claiming to be the cast of HSM right? It's presented as a collection of songs that the students from East High just happen to be performing for you. They're not out there saying "Hi, I'm Gabriella! and this is Troy! And we starred in the movie! Really!!" There's a concert tour for that if you're willing to shell the bucks (and it was pretty sweet, not gonna lie)

kaybee2
01-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Um... you do realize that they're not claiming to be the cast of HSM right? It's presented as a collection of songs that the students from East High just happen to be performing for you. They're not out there saying "Hi, I'm Gabriella! and this is Troy! And we starred in the movie! Really!!" There's a concert tour for that if you're willing to shell the bucks (and it was pretty sweet, not gonna lie)

This made me thing of our New Year's Eve at DL. We had decided to avoid the castle and Main Street like the plague - DS is on autism spectrum and can't deal with being crowded and we had gone there all prepared for lines but not being in a crowd...then while going to Star Tours, we hear people singing HSM songs. DS and DD freak out; they're both huge fans. I ask a CM "so that's just the performers from DCA, not the people from the movie, right?" She replies "OH NO! They're the people from the movie, they'll be back out in 15 minutes." I asked again 2 or 3 times just to confirm, she keeps saying yes, DS and DD are jumping out of their skin and we go to the cattle chute full of people going around the hub looking for a place to sit (at 11:15 pm - I never want to be in this again!). We wound up offering people $$$ to give us a small spot on their blanket, they took pity on us and let us in their group. They wouldn't take the $$ or my rare pin, huge Disney fans from Vegas (if you guys ever read this post, you showed us some Disney magic and I hope that karma comes around and gives you great things!).

The absolute best part of this...the performers NEVER come back out, and at the end I asked 2 pre-teens if it was really the people from the movie. Their response? "No, it was just those people from the pep rally over at DCA"

:eek: I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so I didn't do either. Now I find it amusing. Sorry for the length here but I hope you at least enjoyed!
Karen

nvmom
01-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Oh Karen... wow the disappointment... but the patience you showed... very impressive mom. :)

And, yes I do realize they're just performers... but my kids will love it anyway, they love the music.

nvmom

kaybee2
01-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the compliment, nvmom! You know what we do as parents - I couldn't lose it because then my son would and that would *not* be good!

We're actually heading back to DL 1/11-14. I am sure we will be seeing the pep rally at that time too, we promised it on NYE. And I am sure the kids will love it. I'll just be happy that there's fewer people than 12/31!

:)

raediance
01-06-2007, 08:55 PM
Um... you do realize that they're not claiming to be the cast of HSM right? It's presented as a collection of songs that the students from East High just happen to be performing for you. They're not out there saying "Hi, I'm Gabriella! and this is Troy! And we starred in the movie! Really!!" There's a concert tour for that if you're willing to shell the bucks (and it was pretty sweet, not gonna lie) Yeah, but you do kind of think that the girl in the preppy uniform is Gabriella. You're probably right. But with the original HSM in my mind, I didn't like it.
Of course they weren't Zac Efron and Vanessa Anne Hudgens or Ashley Tisdale. I knew that much. So I don't know if I'm getting a negative vibe from you, but it's an opinion. See, I think people don't really know that 'it's presented as a collection of songs that the students from East High just happen to be performing for you'. Or at least some people. Because I obviously didn't know.
All I meant was that I didn't love it. Yeah, and I didn't like it either. Yeah, I do realize they're not claiming to be the cast of HSM.
Sorry, I just get a bit irritated when someone gets the wrong vibe (or maybe the right one?) from me. I get touchy. Easily. And I have to be careful and I probably screwed up because the internet can be the gateway for miscommunications.
And this probably isn't a big deal, but yeah, I just wrote a few sentances to let something out. I don't think I let it out good enough.
<3

raediance
01-07-2007, 09:37 AM
Or I can just say "Okay, thanks for the notice."

bradk
01-07-2007, 09:52 AM
well, i have to say it was my favorite of the new shows at WDW (and there are several). although i've never actually watched the movie, but very high in energy and some interactivity.

Disney Vault
01-07-2007, 12:28 PM
I feel like the only person who has not seen this movie. So I don't really care for the HSM pep rally. Anyone else never seen the movie?

raediance
01-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Don't worry, lots of people haven't seen the movie.
Like my cousin. She refuses to watch it. x)
bradk, do they have it at WDW?

bradk
01-07-2007, 01:02 PM
yeah, until i actually get my photos from my last trip in order, i have some pics from it that start here: http://bradk.smugmug.com/gallery/2224312/1/117673440

raediance
01-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the pics! Those are really neat. It looks really good and a bigger than the DL one.

Disney Vault
01-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the pics! Those are really neat. It looks really good and a bigger than the DL one.
The stage might be bigger but the on in DCA is definitly of higher quality as far as performers go. You can find clips of both rof them on youtube and compare yourself.

bradk
01-07-2007, 04:25 PM
eh.. performers change?

raediance
01-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Probably. Unless they fly from california to florida in between showtimes.
Which is pretty unrealistic.

Disney Vault
01-07-2007, 09:04 PM
eh.. performers change?
Marcie at MI explained it pretty well. In CA Disney gets a much better pick of performers because of all the people wanted to get into show business. In Florida they kind of have to make due. If Block Party Bash ends up in MGM studios you will see how much they have to simplify it.

aricbell
01-09-2007, 04:30 AM
I don't know when or if at all will it be coming back, but it was not on the schedule Monday:crying:

aricbell
01-14-2007, 08:10 PM
I don't know when or if at all will it be coming back, but it was not on the schedule Monday:crying:

Just for a headsup, I was there today and it's back in DCA, at the regular 11:30, 1, and 3:15 showtimes