PDA

View Full Version : Monorail Closed? 1/30 - 2/4

M-I-C-K-E-Y
01-06-2007, 07:19 AM
I have checked the current Disneyland update and I can't seem to find anything about the monorail.

I remember reading quite some time ago about how it would be closed during the time frame we would be there. But am now reading about how it is open. Can someone tell me if it will open or closed from January 30 to February 4?

Thank You for sharing any info you may have.
Amy

Roman Nation
01-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Well, i found out that the monorail will only be running on low compasity, it will only get peoiple from the disneyland hotels and must get off at tommorrow land or disneys toon town, no round trip! :fez: Hope this does not hurt your trip! :confused:

- Roman Nation

raediance
01-06-2007, 11:52 AM
I've never ever been on the Monorail, is it a must-ride?

M-I-C-K-E-Y
01-06-2007, 01:59 PM
Not having the monorail running will not ruin my trip! Nothing can take away from me visiting the Happiest Place on Earth!

We are purposely staying across the street at Carousel Inn and Suites because of the monorail closure. I wanted to be as close as possible, without spending the money to stay at Grand Californian. But my brother and his family are making late hotel arrangements (locals) and were considering staying at the Disneyland Hotel.

Having the monorail open would certainly play a part in the hotel decision for them. So, am I right in understanding that at that time it will be running from the hotel to the park, but not the other way around. Anyone know?

Thanks, Amy

DisneyLynn
01-06-2007, 02:06 PM
From what I understand, is you can ride it from Downtown Disney to Tomorrowland, but you have to get off in Tomorrowland. You can also ride it from Tomorrowland to Downtown Disney, but you have to get off in Downtown Disney. It is running much slower because they can only have one monorail on the track, because they are only using half of the track. It goes from DTD to TL and then goes the same route back to DTD (backwards) rather than completing a loop. Does that make sense??

M-I-C-K-E-Y
01-06-2007, 02:37 PM
So they could ride the monorail from the hotel to the park AND from the park to the hotel - but would have to get out between trips? So if someone wanted to ride both ways, they would simply get off, get back in line, and make a return trip backwards? Yes?

Boy, could that sound any more confusing?

Yes, the monorail will be working both ways?!

I assume with the limited monorails working that the lines will be longer than normal. But they are not normally terribly long during that time of year anyway. Yea, for off season!

Thank You for all the replies.

Baloo
01-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Well, i found out that the monorail will only be running on low compasity, it will only get peoiple from the disneyland hotels and must get off at tommorrow land or disneys toon town, no round trip! :fez: Hope this does not hurt your trip! :confused:

- Roman Nation

the monorial does not come close to passing anywhere near toontown.

The Disneyland monorail only has two stops, one in tomorrowland and the other in Downtown Disney near the Disneyland hotel

Malcon10t
01-06-2007, 03:49 PM
So they could ride the monorail from the hotel to the park AND from the park to the hotel - but would have to get out between trips? So if someone wanted to ride both ways, they would simply get off, get back in line, and make a return trip backwards? Yes?

Boy, could that sound any more confusing?

Yes, the monorail will be working both ways?!

I assume with the limited monorails working that the lines will be longer than normal. But they are not normally terribly long during that time of year anyway. Yea, for off season!

Thank You for all the replies.A slight difference though is they sometimes restrict the ridership to hotel guests. The monorail runs both ways, but at certain times of the day, it can get very full. Also, instead of the normal 2, it is only 1 train, which goes forward to DTD, the backs up to Tomorrowland.

Susan L
01-06-2007, 08:25 PM
When will the entire rehab be completed. Does anyone know?