PDA

View Full Version : Will my dreams come true?

Pages : [1] 2

Mickeygirlforever
01-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Two questions:

How do they choose people to make their dreams come true??

Has anyone here had their dreams come true??

What are those dreams fastpasses and how do you get one??

*ok, that was 3 questions, sorry.:)

ScottDisneyFan
01-05-2007, 04:09 PM
I have had my dreams come true...I recieved premium seats for the Candlelight Processional...:)

It was completely random for us

lagunachadling
01-05-2007, 05:36 PM
I believe it is random as well........I got a trading pin when my mom and I got off the tram, and they went up to people randomly. I guess it is luck of the draw.

raediance
01-05-2007, 06:29 PM
Is that only in Disneyland?

hlbtimes2
01-05-2007, 06:50 PM
How do they choose people to make their dreams come true?? It is computer generated. It tells them where (for example- the exit of Splash Mt. or bench near XYZ), how many people and the prize. The dream teams finds the location and hands out the prizes. There are also a few little prizes given out by each area. For example special seating at Club Buzz- with a table cloth, etc. That is done at random thru the cash register computer.

What are those dreams fastpasses and how do you get one?? They are one of the prizes given out by the dream team. Mouse ears, pins/ lanyard and fastpasses are the most commonly handed out prizes.

hlbtimes2
01-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Is that only in Disneyland?
Disneyland, CA Adventure and all of the WDW parks.

Malcon10t
01-05-2007, 06:57 PM
Disneyland, CA Adventure and all of the WDW parks.
And DTD.

raediance
01-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Okay, thanks. =]

Tinkermommy
01-05-2007, 07:33 PM
For example special seating at Club Buzz- with a table cloth, etc. That is done at random thru the cash register computer.

The procedure apparently varies by location.

When we got in line Wednesday morning for breakfast at River Belle Terrace, there was a CM (from the restaurant) with a clipboard standing next to the line, just inside the door. After we'd been standing there for a few minutes, another family came through the doorway behind us. She spoke to them quietly, pulled them out of the line and took them outside. They got the linen tablecloth and napkin "thing." They never made it to the cash register, and they ordered from the table.

So close...

Darkbeer
01-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Two threads that help explain things...

First is a discussion of the official rules to the Year of a Million Dreams, incuding a breakdown of the prizes available

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=57300

And then a way for you to win at home, using the USPS

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=60858

Mickeygirlforever
01-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Hey thanks! This is a really cool idea. Maybe I'll get lucky!! Do you know if they give out "fancy" eating at Pizza Port too? When I was there a couple of weeks ago, I saw a table inside with a table cloth and fancy menus with candles, etc. I thought maybe someone was on a fancy date. Is it a prize?

DisneyLynn
01-06-2007, 08:27 PM
So far I've "won" the dream fastpass, the lanyard and the 2 YOMD pins and in addition my daughter received 2 special Tinkerbelle pins, but I don't think they are official prizes, it says she's suppose to keep one and give one to a friend.

sixwoofys
01-07-2007, 06:00 AM
We won 4 sets of Dream Fastpasses, Lanyards etc. Upon exiting Indy.

It was our last day so we found some "nice looking people" and gave everything away! It was fun.

raediance
01-07-2007, 08:00 AM
So do you get to use the Dream Fastpasses every day or for just one day?

Whoa Whoa Whoa just reread that you found some nice looking people and gave it all away.
Where was I when this happened?
I look kind of nice. ;-)

kohl
01-07-2007, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE=raediance]So do you get to use the Dream Fastpasses every day or for just one day?

The dream fastpasses are only good for the day you won them. They have the date stamped on them.

Vegitabeta
01-07-2007, 09:29 AM
I heard that it helps if you look 'in the Disney spirit'...e.g. Mouse Ears, Disney shirts...Disney Crocs!

disneyrox
01-07-2007, 02:47 PM
I heard that it helps if you look 'in the Disney spirit'...e.g. Mouse Ears, Disney shirts...Disney Crocs!

Hmmmm...I wore my Disney Crocs when we went on NYE...was there from 8:00 am until 7:30 pm. Never saw a Dream Team and only saw 2 people with the dream fastpasses. :crying:

I've never actually seen any Dream Teams, but on other visits, we have seen more fastpasses, ears and pin lanyards.

ShirleyFilms
01-08-2007, 08:38 AM
The dream fastpasses are only good for the day you won them. They have the date stamped on them.

We were lucky enough to win Dream Fastpasses and Mickey Ears on the same day. unfortunately... it was a slow day at the park, so we didn't really use any of the Dream Fastpass tabs. However, one cast member at Soarin' Over California told us that they are not picky about it and that we could use them the next day, if we wanted to.

Since we were leaving the next day, we ended up only using the Splash Mountain tabs. :) But we are heading back to the park this month! I was contemplating bringing them with us! I doubt they would even check the date, but I would feel a little cheap trying to use our Dream Fastpasses from Novemeber '06. :)

cynthia312
01-08-2007, 10:37 AM
We were lucky enough to win Dream Fastpasses and Mickey Ears on the same day. unfortunately... it was a slow day at the park, so we didn't really use any of the Dream Fastpass tabs. However, one cast member at Soarin' Over California told us that they are not picky about it and that we could use them the next day, if we wanted to.

Since we were leaving the next day, we ended up only using the Splash Mountain tabs. :) But we are heading back to the park this month! I was contemplating bringing them with us! I doubt they would even check the date, but I would feel a little cheap trying to use our Dream Fastpasses from Novemeber '06. :)

TWO wins in one!?!?! not one...but two!?!? :| :( wow...im sooo jealous of you...you lucky duck!!! so far i didn't even get anything for this "year of million dreams" promotion. im gettin kinda discouraged now.

Bytebear
01-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Well, since it is only January 8th, that means there are 357 days left. Given an average of 2740 dreams per day (assuming there are exactly 1,000,000 dreams in the year of a million dreams) , you still have a pretty good chance to win.

ShirleyFilms
01-08-2007, 11:18 AM
I have strangely mixed feelings about the whole "Year of a Million Dreams" thing. I think its really neat to win little things here and there... but the first few days we were there, we really felt "left out" ... seeing so many other people around the park with Dream Fastpasses. I cannot really complain... because... we also won them eventually... but its kind of a strange "have/have-not" feeling that I kinda dont like associating with the Disneyland experience.

Some of the prizes, like the stay in the Mickey Mouse Penthouse Suite at the Hotel, are also strange to me. Its like... a lot of families plan their trip (down to the dollar) and use Ridemax so they can do all the things they want to do. So, if you happen to win this awesome prize - staying in this really special room at the Disneyland Hotel - its like... it throws your whole plan. What about the hotel you already had booked? Moving all your belongings... Or what if you were planning to leave that afternoon?

I shouldnt complain. Getting any nice little perks is just great. But. The whole thing seems oddly flawed to me. I guess if I won a night in the Penthouse on the day I was scheduled to leave... I would just call into work the next day... and reschedule my flight out... and enjoy it.

But... you see what I mean? :)

Tinkermommy
01-08-2007, 11:53 AM
but its kind of a strange "have/have-not" feeling that I kinda dont like associating with the Disneyland experience.
... you see what I mean? :)

At the risk of sounding like a sore loser, YES! I feel your pain. LOL!! I've taken my little girl to Disneyland 8-9 times since the promotion started. (Stop me if you've heard this one -- ha ha!)

We've seen tons of people wearing the dreams ears and fastpasses, but have never received anything. We had never seen anybody get anything either, until last week when the family behind us in line for breakfast at River Belle Terrace was pulled out of line and given the linens-on-the-table treatment. So close...

I KNOW it's all random, and there are no guarantees or obligations -- my brain gets it, and I don't feel any entitlement. But when I read about people receiving multiple dreams at the park and in the mail, I can't help feeling like there are a million dreams to be fulfilled, and I'm number one million and one. I'm starting to wish for this promotion to just be over with.

Did I mention I'm scheduling a pity party?:p

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
01-08-2007, 12:54 PM
We've been to DL twice since the promotion started, haven't won a thing, and have only spotted two dream team members in that time. With that said, at WDW last month, specifically the Magic Kingdom, my daughter and her friend were picked to be cruise directors for IASW and given a certificate. My daughter was also given a cotton candy from Big Al and a certificate. She won twice, her "dreams" may not have had much of a monetary value but if you had been able to see those two girls in the control booth, giggling and laughing and waving at the boats as they took off, it was one of the highlights of our trip.

ScottDisneyFan
01-08-2007, 01:12 PM
I never noticed anyone get anything until we were picked for our dream...The dream for me though, is just going to Disneyland...not the prizes...if I don't get anything this time...my dreams have not been taken away and are not broken and I don't feel left out. Just like I don't feel left out when I don't win the lottery. Of course, I don't even play the lottery.

Malcon10t
01-08-2007, 01:23 PM
We were there for 12 days. We saw several dream teams, but never won anything. To me, its no biggie. I would prefer someone who isn't there often win. My daughter was given the Tink pins for raising service dogs. Cute pin. Got home and had won a Dream Ears in the mail in.