PDA

View Full Version : Just put my deposit down

crrees
01-05-2007, 01:00 PM
I was tired of messing around with plans and trying to save bucks here and there, so I decided...i am a costco member, lets let them help me

April 27th - May 1st

So I booked through them, Got 3 day park hoppers, 4 nights in the DLH, a $20 gift card (WHOO!!), a free character breakfast, and preferred seating to some shows

Cost: $1548
deposit: $200

amount left: $1348

This is for 2 people in a standard room, maybe they will upgrade us maybe they wont, ill ask for the 6th floor sierra tower, if it happens great, if not oh well. I wont let anything ruin this experience. I have the finances to do it, i pondered staying off site, but ever since i started booking this trip i had my heart set on the DLH - and im young dumb and full of disney lovin so might as well splurge if i can

I arrive at LAX 9:40am, im going to drop my bags off at concierge and see if i can get an early check in, and request the room of course. I plan on going to USC, i have to make an appointment with a honcho there for dental school stuff and see the campus

I also have to go see UCLA as well..so i plan on doing that all day. That night im going out with friends who moved there and going to get freshman year college party drunk like old times!

The next 3 days are disney filled, the last day my flight leaves at 10:40pm, we figure down town disney while our bags are at the hotel. Pick them up around 8 and head on over to the airport

Any objections?

crrees
01-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Do I have any chance of getting a king bed for my room? Do I request it now? When i check in?

faithbaby
01-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Sounds fantastic! Have a wonderful time! I know that all the "what if's" and different options can be so tiring and confusing! Like you, we've always wanted to stay at DLH, too, so this time we are! Everyone has a different opinion on the "best" Disney vacation. We booked through Costco, too, and your package cost with 4 nights is about what ours is for 3 nights with 2 adults and 2 kids. Hey, maybe this should be a grown up trip and we'll leave the kids at home. ;) HA HA!!

Edited to say, WHOOPS! I lied...what you owe AFTER you paid the deposit is about what our package is....I guess the kids can still go!

faithbaby
01-05-2007, 01:56 PM
I'd request at check-in. With a package deal I don't know if you can make requests before you get there? Doesn't hurt to try, though, if it is really important to you. For us, we must have 2 beds for 2 adults, 2 kids, but it might be luck of the draw for you.

Bolivar
01-05-2007, 01:57 PM
I have found that whatever you request doesn't really matter. All they do is note your request on your reservation and as near as I can tell no one ever looks at it. What happens is that when you check in, they give you what is available at that time. It seems to me that making requests as you checkin has the same weight as making them months in advance. Having said that, I would still call today and put in my request. And I'm sure you know this, but it doesn't have to be the sixth floor -- sixth floor or higher. The reason is that you want to be high enough to see over the buildings to see the park.

My only suggestion would be to get four day hoppers instead of three day. The cost diffence is negligable compared to what you are spending and it gives you another day in the park -- you are there until 8 anyway on that last day.