PDA

View Full Version : Late night ticket purchasing?

Omnitographer
01-05-2007, 01:29 AM
Anytime i go to the park, as im leaving at night, i will see people lined up at the only open ticket window, and it is as little as an hour before the park closes. Why would anyone spend at least $70 on a ticket that they will only get to use for an hour? Even if its a multiday pass, arent they throwing away one day's worth of the value? it just seems so...odd......

kikid
01-05-2007, 05:11 AM
Anytime i go to the park, as im leaving at night, i will see people lined up at the only open ticket window, and it is as little as an hour before the park closes. Why would anyone spend at least $70 on a ticket that they will only get to use for an hour? Even if its a multiday pass, arent they throwing away one day's worth of the value? it just seems so...odd......
upgrading tickets/AP's?

Darkbeer
01-05-2007, 06:02 AM

Also folks who arrived in town can pick up their will call tickets. They don't have to use them that night, but just saving time, as they can avoid the ticket booth line in the morning.

charpaul
01-05-2007, 08:25 AM
A year and a half ago I took my brother to the ticket window during the fireworks. He had the "City Pass" vouchers for his family and we traded them in for the hopper tickets. There ws almost NO line.
We then were able to go to the park the next morning without having to stop for the LONG ticket line...

AVP
01-05-2007, 10:36 AM
Anytime i go to the park, as im leaving at night, i will see people lined up at the only open ticket window, and it is as little as an hour before the park closes. Why would anyone spend at least $70 on a ticket that they will only get to use for an hour? Even if its a multiday pass, arent they throwing away one day's worth of the value? it just seems so...odd......It's actually something we recommend to people to save time. Imagine you're travelling to Anaheim for vacation. By the time your plane lands, you've arranged for transportation to the resort and have finally been allowed to check into your hotel, it's late afternoon. You're probably not going into the theme parks that night, but you might want to spend some time in Downtown Disney - grab dinner, wander the hotel areas. It makes perfect sense to buy your tickets that night - if you didn't arrange for them in advance - and save yourself the hassle the next morning.

AVP

kiwifuz
01-05-2007, 05:19 PM
We did the same thing charpaul did. It made it so much easier than waiting in line the morning we were planning on being at the parks. Plus our first day was an EE day so even if the ticket booths would had been open I don't know that I would want to be up an earlier than we already were. ;)

darph nader
01-05-2007, 10:06 PM
This last Sept,we got into Anaheim late afternoon (gotta love Cali traffic).Checked into the motel,soaked the tootsies in the pool,(with a few cold ones,of course);) .Hit the ticket booths during the fireworks,cruised DTD. And were ready to hit the park first thing.:cool:

PAPACITO
01-05-2007, 11:24 PM
Ive asked people before on why they were inline and most are buying tickets for the next day. But some of them are actually buying passes for that day even there are only 2 hours left because they are leaving in the morning and they only have a few hours to spend and they would like to say that they went to Disneyland.