PDA

View Full Version : January 4th - Once Again, Disneyland is "Full:, and the Sub Lagoon is almost full

Darkbeer
01-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Stopped by quickly this afternoon, mainly to check the progress on the Sub Lagoon.

The signs around the Resort once again claimed Disneyland was "Full" (no more sales of single day tickets, but still allowing folks with AP's or pre-purchased tickets in).

Since I was only going to be around for just over an hour, parked in Downtown Disney and took the Monorail in. The Sub Lagoon looked almost full, maybe 80 to 90%, just low enough that the Subs stay on the floor and don't float, as they still work on cleaning up debris and other work.

Then headed to the Matterhorn for a ride on the attraction, and to grab some photos (only one good one came out) of the Lagoon.

And since that was about a 40 minute wait, went right back to the Monorail to head back to the DtD lot. Took a lot of pictures thru the mesh, so give me a few hours to do some digital magic and let you see the work inside.

Caught the workcrew removing the decorations from the Christmas tree at the Disneyland Hotel (in front of the Never Land Pool entrance), so a few shots of that.

Then on the way home, stopped by the Disneyland Welcome Center at the Doubletree Suites on Harbor, just a couple of blocks south of Harbor. For those last minute folks, it is MUCH cheaper to buy 3 day or more ParkHoppers here, since they basically honor the "Everyone at the Kid's Price" promotion thru April 26th (They are $5 more than online, the same price as buying the tickets at Good Neighbor Hotels front desks). That makes and Adult 3 day ParkHopper $45 cheaper than buying at the Main Entrance! Also basically no lines!

And then a few shots of the Ruth Chris's Steak House being built next door, which is scheduled for a February 2007 opening.

Disney Vault
01-04-2007, 06:25 PM
So is all the work in the outside lagoon done? Or do you there will still be some changes before it opens?

Darkbeer
01-04-2007, 06:42 PM
So is all the work in the outside lagoon done? Or do you there will still be some changes before it opens?

Over 90% done, some additional stuff will be added, but basically for the folks standing in line (aka above water).

Disney Vault
01-04-2007, 06:47 PM
Are you going to be posting the official photos Disney released of the lagoon? I saw they have them up at Mouseinfo and I know how you post their official pics sometimes on your site too.

ktrm
01-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Then on the way home, stopped by the Disneyland Welcome Center at the Doubletree Suites on Harbor, just a couple of blocks south of Harbor. For those last minute folks, it is MUCH cheaper to buy 3 day or more ParkHoppers here, since they basically honor the "Everyone at the Kid's Price" promotion thru April 26th (They are $5 more than online, the same price as buying the tickets at Good Neighbor Hotels front desks). That makes and Adult 3 day ParkHopper $45 cheaper than buying at the Main Entrance! Also basically no lines!

Hmmmm, I have a question. Do you have to stay at a Good Neighbor Hotel to buy park hopper tickets from the front desk front them? I assume from this post that you do. You can, however, buy tickets from the Disneyland Welcome Center at the Doubletree Suites without staying at the Doubletree Suites? This is always the case? It seems like a great money saving tip for any last minute Disneyland travel because the good neighbor hotels always sell the tickets for much less than the gate price. Great to know if you happen not to choose to stay at a Good Neighbor Hotel like the Ayers Hotel.

Darkbeer
01-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Hmmmm, I have a question. Do you have to stay at a Good Neighbor Hotel to buy park hopper tickets from the front desk front them? I assume from this post that you do. You can, however, buy tickets from the Disneyland Welcome Center at the Doubletree Suites without staying at the Doubletree Suites? This is always the case? It seems like a great money saving tip for any last minute Disneyland travel because the good neighbor hotels always sell the tickets for much less than the gate price. Great to know if you happen not to choose to stay at a Good Neighbor Hotel like the Ayers Hotel.

Each Good Neighbor Hotel Policy is different, many do not sell tickets to others than that hotel's guests.

The Welcome Center will sell to ANYONE, though parking is a bit hard to deal with, you can park on the cross street, or they have a few spaces outside the parking gates.

And yes, it is a very good deal for those who don't buy from their Travel Agent, WDTC travel, AAA travel or Disneyland.com, which is $5 cheaper for the same ticket.

Rkkm
01-04-2007, 09:14 PM
As always, your photos are fantastic! Thanks so much for going to all the trouble of taking and posting them.

One question re: the Lagoon photos .. what are the pink, orange and red thiings floating in the water?

Thanks!

DisneyLynn
01-04-2007, 10:36 PM
Each Good Neighbor Hotel Policy is different, many do not sell tickets to others than that hotel's guests.

The Welcome Center will sell to ANYONE, though parking is a bit hard to deal with, you can park on the cross street, or they have a few spaces outside the parking gates.

And yes, it is a very good deal for those who don't buy from their Travel Agent, WDTC travel, AAA travel or Disneyland.com, which is $5 cheaper for the same ticket.

If you can't find a place to park by the DoubleTree, we stayed at the new Courtyard right next door and you could probably park there for a few minutes if you were just running in to buy tickets. When we stayed there a few weeks ago, we all met at the Courtyard and checked in and left our cars there but forgot to ask about parking and when we came back that night and got our parking passes the guy behind the desk said they usually just check for the passes at night.

someimagination
01-04-2007, 10:47 PM
horray for the new subs leads who are going to start working the attraction area on monday :]

Omnitographer
01-05-2007, 01:48 AM
Awww i wish id known the monorail was open, i would have gone in that way instead of through the main gate, that was a timesink!