PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite part of Fantasmic!

Pages : [1] 2

Disney Vault
01-04-2007, 04:06 PM
What is your least favorite part of fantasmic? And you can't say the crowds:p

What part of the show would you like to see replaced with something else? For me I have always disliked the pink elephants on parade part. I actually hated that scene in Dumbo too so I just didn't care for it in Fantasmic. Anyone else have a part they aren't too fond of?

raediance
01-04-2007, 04:39 PM
Darn, because I really don't like those crowds. x) I don't like the part when all the evil people come out, because I'm a whimp. x)

lagunachadling
01-04-2007, 06:36 PM
I love the whole show, what is not to like about it.

Disney Vault
01-04-2007, 06:48 PM
I love the whole show, what is not to like about it.
The pink elephants of course!:D

Maybe it is just me:|

hbquikcomjamesl
01-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Yes, it's just you.

Ursula's 15 seconds of fame. Although it was far worse when the Ursula-boat still worked.

Rkkm
01-04-2007, 09:20 PM
When the water catches on fire.

We first saw the show from the reserved seating area next to the water .. you could feel the heat! We had no idea that it was coming! It was unnerving as both my husband and I had been trained years ago on how to surface through flaming water and be safe. (The old Red Cross Water Safety course.) That was all we could think about when it happened during Fantastmic. It was like, "Um, is this supposed to be happening? Should we be moving away quickly?" But then we noticed that everyone else, including the CMs, were enjoying the spectacle, so we relaxed.

Gone2Disneyland
01-04-2007, 09:31 PM
I love Fantasmic! the way it is, and I have proof.

I watched the WDW version on DVD last year. Didn't like it. Partly because I didn't think it worked all that well, partly because I'm used to the way the original Disneyland F! is. So if I didn't like it changed once, I wouldn't like it changed at all. :)

ken001b
01-04-2007, 09:33 PM
My least favorite part is when it's over

lagunachadling
01-04-2007, 09:36 PM
When the water catches on fire.

Are you kidding? That is the best part!

Disney Vault
01-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Yes, it's just you.

Ursula's 15 seconds of fame. Although it was far worse when the Ursula-boat still worked.
What did you dislike about the Ursula float? I think they need it back because that part is kind of slow now with just the water screens.

someimagination
01-04-2007, 10:51 PM
I'm not a big fan of the villian scene with the guy from fantasia [at least thats who I thought it was] up until right before Maleficent appears...

Disney Vault
01-05-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm not a big fan of the villian scene with the guy from fantasia [at least thats who I thought it was] up until right before Maleficent appears...
Ya I can agree with that too. I think they could use a newer villian but I also don't like how at WDW they added too many villians.

jeffthechef
01-05-2007, 11:11 AM
I hate having to sit on the hard ground for an hour or longer just to see the show. :( I hate the people who kick me during this time, and I really hate those who decide to squeeze in to the place I have been camped out at...

I usually skip Fantasmic because it's too much of a hassle. On the bright side, however, it's a great show!

Jodi
01-05-2007, 12:27 PM
My least favorite part is when it has been raining, then the rain stops, and they STILL cancel Fantasmic AND Believe... due to "inclement weather":crying:

Sorry, I'm still frustrated because that happened to us last night!

The only thing I don't like is sitting on the ground (WDW has a theater built for it, but the show is not as good as DL)

Niwel
01-05-2007, 02:25 PM
I've never been a fan of the Chernabog section (it scares me still) :)

ucube
01-05-2007, 03:45 PM
So...I was all excited because I had NEVER seen Fantasmic, but had been reading about it (and heard about from friends) for years - that it was great, not to be missed, etc. So finally, in my great December trip (more about that in another post) I FINALLY got to see Fantasmic!

And I don't know if it is a question of expectations (cuz mine were quite high), but I really didn't think it was that great. I thought it was a little cheesy, the effects sort of second rate, some of the floating things (elephants?) rather simple, and all in all, I was not so impressed.

I know this is going to get canned in the boards, but honestly, I was expecting to LOVE it, and I really didn't think it was that cool. Sorry, I really wanted to love it, but I certainly won't make a huge effort (like last time) to get a good seat. In fact, I saw it twice (just happened to be coming out of an empty Splash in time for the second show) - and again, was not that impressed.

Am I not getting it? Is it something you had to see as a kid to love (cuz for certain, there are things at D'Land that are truly better if you experienced them as a kid, and then can relive them when you're an adult - ie: Fantasyland rides, and much of the whole park experience).

Anyway, sorry to disappoint - but I was truly disappointed. Just don't get the hype.

Anyone with me? Or am I all alone here?

Happy New Year!

Katlovett
01-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Yes, it's just you.

I really liked the Ursula-boat, and I miss it now it's gone. Maybe that's because I kind of resemble her in a physical appearance way. :rolleyes:

Katprint

disneyperson
01-05-2007, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't miss the Pinocchio section if it went missing.

raediance
01-05-2007, 06:13 PM
I think Fantasmic is great for people who would probably not be visiting for the next, say, ten/fifteen years. I see it once, and I'm pretty much done. But it's still rad, of course. Magical. x)

ktrm
01-06-2007, 05:52 AM
Am I not getting it? Is it something you had to see as a kid to love (cuz for certain, there are things at D'Land that are truly better if you experienced them as a kid, and then can relive them when you're an adult - ie: Fantasyland rides, and much of the whole park experience).

Anyway, sorry to disappoint - but I was truly disappointed. Just don't get the hype.

Anyone with me? Or am I all alone here?

Happy New Year!

You know I started going to Disneyland at 3 years old and then stopped after 12 years old. I just started going again last year. I never saw Fantasmic as a child, but I was totally overwhelmed by it. I love it. Why? I don't know. I think there are always things at Disneyland that some people love and some don't, but there seems to be something there for everyone. My mom absolutely cannot understand all the hoopla over the Peter Pan ride. She has no clue why people would wait so long for that particular ride while they can usually walk on Snow White or Pinnochio. She says all the dark rides are the same so whats the difference. She loves IASW but my friend's son spends the whole ride with his hands over his ears. So it does not surprise me that some people like Fantasmic and some don't.

ErikBsandiego
01-06-2007, 08:54 AM
I LOVE fantasmic. I HATE the crowds. I still remember the first time I saw it (must have been about 25 or so) and went "WOW" and fealt all kid-like humming the song out of the park.

I was left "flat" by the effort to bring the show to MGM in Florida. I know what they were thinking ("Hey, we paid for all these costumes and the music rights, we might as well do something") but the show doesn't really "work" as well - in part because there is somethign magical about watching the Mark Twain, the Columbia, the TS rafts all play a role in in a show on the existing ROA. I wish they would think about the set in Florida and what they could do to make that as magical of an experience.

Did the desert buffest last year. That was very nice if pricey to get away from the crowds.

I think the other thing that would be "nice" is if there was ANY cost effective and logistically uncombersome way to get better sightlines and capacity in the "seating bowl". One Idea I have mused about is to take some of the area between HM and the French Garden Res. and then also over by the Mark Twian and build tiered "grassy terraces" - Outdoor theaters have those a lot. The problem is that isn't an Ideal solution during the other parts of the day....will make it look choppy and the grass will take a beating as people walk on the terraces.

canadianmom
01-06-2007, 09:20 PM
My least favorite part of Fantasmic is having to walk away from the dessert buffet on the balcony!

coronado_g
01-06-2007, 09:32 PM
I can't think of one single thing that I dislike about F! This show has continued to thrill me just as much as it did the first time I saw it.

raediance
01-06-2007, 09:45 PM
I can't think of one single thing that I dislike about F! This show has continued to thrill me just as much as it did the first time I saw it.
Yeah, I asked my mom what her least favorite part about it was, and she said the crowds. But since I told her that doesn't count, she said "Nothing. I love it!"

MiaTurner
01-07-2007, 03:14 PM
I can't think of anything about Fantasmic I hate. The crowds don't even bug me too much, because I love when a big group of people cheers when Mickey comes out. (Admittedly though, when it's obvious I'm going to sit down in a certain spot, I hate when a kid runs for it to try and get it before me.) After the fireworks last night I got a front rwo center spot like usual and had an awesome time munching on a Mickey crispy treat and watching the show.

I dunno why I love it so much. I think the effects are just amazing and the entire show seems just so artistic. I adore the music too. That's undoubtedly the best part of the whole show; the beautiful music.

My least favorite part is the cold I guess. It gets pretty cold in front of the river, plus the screen is splashing on your face, so even though I was wearing three layers last night, I was shivering.