PDA

View Full Version : Fun Disney ideas not widely known or done.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mingles
01-04-2007, 06:29 AM
What are the must do in Disneyland that are fun Disney ideas not widely known or done.

Like Disney Balcony seats with all you can eat deserts, ETC?
What about asking for a map on the jungle cruise?

DisneyDustin22
01-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Jumping Fish!

(havent been in a while does anyone even know if they are still there?)

charpaul
01-04-2007, 06:52 AM
I have actually looked for the jumping fish on my last several trips back that way to see the reindeer. No fish were seen.:crying: Not sure when they stopped jumping...

Stupid_American
01-04-2007, 06:53 AM
When the parks are a bit crowded, I like to explore the Disneyland Hotel (http://cheapeatsbangkok.com/sites/disney_hotel_slide/) grounds.
The common areas of the hotel lobby are filled with Disney memorabilia.
The grotto is a cool break.

DangerMouse
01-04-2007, 07:13 AM
Co-pilot the Mark Twain.
Goat trick on BTMRR.

I've never seen the jumping fish, either.

Park Freak
01-04-2007, 07:20 AM
We go and sit in the lobby at GCH. It's cool in there (in both meanings of the word),and comfy and sometimes the piano player is there, which is very sooooothing :D

june1st1997
01-04-2007, 07:27 AM
We use the resort... like a resort... This might not be what you are looking for, but here are some of our ideas:

The Hearth at the Grand Califorian. They have several comfortable chairs and a pianist that plays requests.

Also, the bar at GCH. They serve food after 5pm and lots of comfortable seating. Definintely a family place (which is an odd thing to say about a bar). Before the baby, my husband and I would get a break from the crowds there. Some of the best food at the resort is there.

Get coffee at in NOS, right next to the trains station and head out for a Train ride around the park. LOVE doing this on cold days.

They used to have a sports bar At DLH... I think it was Hook's Point ( It's been awhile since we visited it), but I remember eating there at sunset watching a Stanley Cup Game. It was great.

Nachos and people watching at DCA. We used to spend hours doing that.

Of course, the Gallery.

My father once did his own Disney Dessert tour ( Having dessert at EVERY place that offered it in the park)... I would not reccomend this one. :)

june1st1997
01-04-2007, 07:30 AM
Just re-read my post... Husband I are not drinkers. But with all teh bars I mentioned... thought I better clear that up. :)

just beatla33
01-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Just sit and people watch, and open your ears, you'll hear the most craziest, dumbest, intresting, funniest things ever some times.....not to mention watching for "The Spill of the Day"-children and chain fences don't mix, but makes for good fun

kikid
01-04-2007, 07:34 AM
Just re-read my post... Husband I are not drinkers. But with all teh bars I mentioned... thought I better clear that up. :)
That's ok, I love sitting in the GC Bar with my hubby too!;) Now I know we can take the teens, enjoy a glass of wine and food. Thanks for the idea

Donald Duck Fan68
01-04-2007, 08:17 AM
At the DLH, they have posted times for when they feed the fish; You can ride up front with the driver on the monorail (limited to 5 ppl, I think); There's some great interactive video games at ESPN zone and even a climbing wall; There's always a lot of spontaneous entertainment that happens throughout the parks in different lands, like the trash-can trio, etc.

Nancy
01-04-2007, 08:34 AM
We try to see the coi fish and the waterfalls each visit to the DLH too. I usually take pictures and end up with water spots on the lens.
Sitting at Pooh Corner enjoying carmel corn or a Tigger tail is fun too. (Funny to see the various places people get wet from Splash too!)

raediance
01-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Just sit and people watch, and open your ears, you'll hear the most craziest, dumbest, intresting, funniest things ever some times.....not to mention watching for "The Spill of the Day"-children and chain fences don't mix, but makes for good fun
We do this lots of times! =] We take a break, sit at a bench, and sometimes laugh our heads off (rude, I know) at people's conversations. Of course, we don't let them see. x)

just beatla33
01-04-2007, 08:52 AM
We do this lots of times! =] We take a break, sit at a bench, and sometimes laugh our heads off (rude, I know) at people's conversations. Of course, we don't let them see. x)

I mean how can one not laugh if a family thinks the tiki room is the Indiana ride, and they start to argue about it. You can't write this stuff

raediance
01-04-2007, 08:55 AM
very true! but i seem to not understand the 'you can't write this' part.

just beatla33
01-04-2007, 09:06 AM
meaning like, you can't just go to a movie a create a situation like that to laugh at, no writers are involved on watching just a normal person say or do something pretty funny. Like sitting watching two pre teen guys jump over the chain fence for the Mattahorn line over and over and betting on which kid trips and falls first...needless to say one did, good stuff.

disneyhound
01-04-2007, 09:09 AM
... What about asking for a map on the jungle cruise?

Can you do that? Or are you asking?

You can ask for a "Marabic Translation Card" for Indy...

Mingles
01-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Can you do that? Or are you asking?

You can ask for a "Marabic Translation Card" for Indy...

You can ask for the card for indy? Who Do I ask and do they always have them?

Thanks!

disneyhound
01-04-2007, 09:59 AM
You can ask for the card for indy? Who Do I ask and do they always have them?

Thanks!

I do not know if they always have them, but I have read that you can ask a CM at the shop in the area that is themed for the ride...

I have a scanned image of the card...

raediance
01-04-2007, 10:00 AM
oh okay. lol. xD

disney jones
01-04-2007, 10:35 AM
riding in the front or back of the Monorail - still a thrill after all these years.

hefferdude
01-04-2007, 11:09 AM
I’ll morph the OP a bit and add fun things around DLR

DLH
The waterfalls by the Bonita tower at night time.
The Koi fish at feeding time.
The Lost Bar on a Friday night ( yes, we imbibe)
The lobbies displaying Disney art.

GCH
The lounge after 5 PM.
Sitting in rockers by the outside fireplace late in the evening.
The Whitewater cafe as an escape on a hot day

DTD
Cruising some of the more esoteric shops.
Really listening to the various street performers.
The fireworks from the balcony of RBJK.

DL
Having a Gibson Girl Sundae at a table by the window.
Walking the decks of the Mark Twain at night. ( non-fantasmic nights )
Actually seeing all the stuff below decks on the Columbia.
Taking a break with a hot coffee or cocoa, people watching,
at a table in NOS.
Riding the caboose on the DLRR – stopping at NOS and listening
to the nightclub sound loop.
Sharing a slice of pizza and a salad at Red’s in TL.
The goat trick.
Jungle Boat Cruise at night.

DCA
Maliboomer twice in a row without holding on.
Convincing DW to ride a moving gondola on the sun wheel.
A glass of wine at La Trattoria.
Alladdin from the balcony box seats.

Disney Vault
01-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Co-pilot the Mark Twain.

I can't remember what site I read it on but you can't do this anymore. At least not until the Year of a million dreams is over. They made this one of the prizes so normal ppl cant do it anymore.

Tinkerbell02
01-04-2007, 01:42 PM
What exactly is the "goat trick"? I've seen a couple mentions of that....anyone care to share???

I Heart Disneyland!
01-04-2007, 01:54 PM
I saw the jumping fish in November when we were there! :)