PDA

View Full Version : HoJo or Park Place Inn?

pooh0200
01-04-2007, 05:53 AM
Which would you pick we can't decide between the two of them. In our party will be 2 adults 2 kids (1yr and 4 yrs) We will be driving down. If that helps at all. Help us decide please.

MammaSilva
01-04-2007, 05:59 AM
The age of your kids implies strollers, so that moves the choice to how far are you willing to walk? I've never stayed at the HoJo but have heard nothing but great things...they are a good 'city' block further down Harbor...adding a good 10 minutes give or take to the walk back to the rooms, the park place is as close as you're going to get and not be at the GCH...I've stayed there and been completely happy with our accomodations. If you don't mind the walk you can usually get a better rate at the HoJo if you email them direct and mention you're a padder.

el gee
01-04-2007, 08:09 AM
We will be staying at the HoJo next week, stayed there last year and was very happy with the room, desk and the walking time was around 7-8 min. to the main gate. The rooms are large and clean. Our kids are now grown, but I see no problems for little ones. They have a pool just for kids, and was full of happy faces throughout our stay. I checked the rates for our stay on mousesaver.com, they have a link to hojo's, and found a room with double
beds for $20 less than I had reserved! Called hojo's, and they changed it, no problems. Hope this helps;)

Bolivar
01-04-2007, 08:38 AM
You have to ask yourself what is important to you. Hojo will have nicer rooms and nicer hotel grounds. Park Place is closer to DL, but not all that much closer -- maybe a 1/4 mile or less.

I find it is much easier to get out the door and to the rides if you are closer because everyone knows they can just run back to the room if they need to. It stops the, "do I need this coat, let me think about it." "I think I'm going to change into something warmer." Being at Park Place, I'll do things like run back to the hotel to drop off a jacket or pick one up, or drop off the doll my daughter insisted on taking and now I'm stuck holding. The family will just stay in the park and run the errand.

To some, having nice grounds where you take some time to lay by the pool to relax and unwind are important. While that would be nice, for me it isn't worth being farther down the street -- but that's me.

julw
01-04-2007, 12:21 PM
We've stayed at both, and while HoJo is nicer (not a ton though), the Park Place is SO much closer that it would be my choice. With the age of your kids, go for the closer walk. You can also get a mini-suite at the PP and have room to keep the strollers in your room (not foled up) if you want. That is what we have done in the past and it makes packing up and getting out a breeze. Have fun!

We are staying at the PP when we go in March.