PDA

View Full Version : Defunct Disneyland Attractions

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rufus T Firefly
01-03-2007, 10:43 PM
Which now defunct Disneyland attraction have you always regretted not experiencing?

Bytebear
01-03-2007, 10:53 PM
I vaguely remember Inner Space and want to go on that again.

JookyG
01-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Ouch! The Golden Horseshoe Revue. And I very much regret it because I could have, but I was always too busy running between New Orleans Square and Tomorrowland as a kid.

01-03-2007, 11:37 PM
The Flying Saucers, the House of Tomorrow, and the walk-through 20,000 Leagues.

potzbie
01-04-2007, 01:28 AM
I was too young to "regret" missing this "ride or attraction." The pack mule ride did exist when I was little. It supposedly wandered through the "Living Desert." I did ride the train which went through the Living Desert. So I saw the same thing which the pack mules saw. But without the awful stink. :(

Animalia
01-04-2007, 05:39 AM
The Rocket Jets when they were located on the platform over the Peoplemover station. As a child I always thought it was too high and fast. Looking back now I realize that was part of the fun. I've ridden the Astro Orbitor but I'm sure it's not the same as soaring high above Tomorrowland.

ralfrick
01-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Mine Train........I think. I don't have memories of it from 1969, and I think I'd remember it. We probably ran out of tickets, and my father did not run the kind of establishment where more would've been bought. Just one reason I cringe when people want to have individual tickets for each ride again.

A bientot.

tod
01-04-2007, 08:26 AM
Never rode the Pack Mules. Wasn't really interested for most of my life, and then when I thought "They'll probably get rid of them, I better go" they were gone.

That's really the only attraction in Disneyland I ever missed out on.

--t

jeffthechef
01-04-2007, 08:26 AM
After reading the Mouse Tales books, I have a facination with the mine train, but it closed long before my first trip to DL. I really like the artifacts behind Big Thunder Mountain...

raediance
01-04-2007, 08:43 AM
I don't know if it's gone forever or not, but I always remember longing to jump in Goofy's Bounce House. I was too tall or too old or something. So, I would have experienced it if it weren't for my over-tall self. Darn.

DisneylandForever
01-04-2007, 10:11 AM
I went on all of the attractions that are now extinct (since I've been alive, anyway), but I do wish I had ridden (or at least filmed the queue of) the Rocket Rods a little more. The ride wasn't that great but I loved the queue!

crrees
01-04-2007, 10:27 AM
The old POTC before the changes in disneyland

Ive rode the one in WDW hundreds of times before the changes, but never in disneyland :crying:

Disney Vault
01-04-2007, 11:55 AM
The Rocket Jets when they were located on the platform over the Peoplemover station. As a child I always thought it was too high and fast. Looking back now I realize that was part of the fun. I've ridden the Astro Orbitor but I'm sure it's not the same as soaring high above Tomorrowland.
I will agree with this one. I don't really miss a lot of the things that are gone because I didn't grow up with them or have any connection to them. But the old rocket jets just looked like so much more fun.

danyoung
01-04-2007, 01:36 PM
I never got to ride the Flying Saucers - Dad thought we'd get hurt on it. I remember being in the park when the House of the Future was there, but I have no memories of walking up inside it. And I had just discovered the tuna sandwiches and the hidden dining area at Skull Rock when they pulled it. Dang my timing!

Lola
01-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Monsanto!
The best "makeout" ride in the whole place!
Ahhhhhh! to be young and in love!!

DisneylandForever
01-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Monsanto!

Hey, the Peoplemover served this purpose well also!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
01-04-2007, 02:15 PM
Monsanto!

I nearly spilled my coffee I was laughing so hard.

I Heart Disneyland!
01-04-2007, 02:40 PM
. But the old rocket jets just looked like so much more fun.

They were awesome on top of that building! SO much higher up! I loved them!

Disney Vault
01-04-2007, 02:59 PM
They were awesome on top of that building! SO much higher up! I loved them!
I have always been confused of how people used to get up there though. Were there just stairs or was there an elevator for people in wheelchairs?

DisneylandForever
01-04-2007, 03:11 PM
I have always been confused of how people used to get up there though. Were there just stairs or was there an elevator for people in wheelchairs?

The elevator took up everybody, not just people in wheelchairs. There were stairs that led to the Peoplemover track but they were for Cast Members only (and when the elevator broke down, I presume).

PanFan
01-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Since buying the Musical History of Disneyland 6 CD set, I've now more than ever wanted to experience Inner Space, Mine Train, and Golden Horseshoe Revue. My poor parents have been bombarded with questions about them, but they don't remember very much about them. I may have to eventually break down and buy the videos from www.extinctattractions.com.

Mickeygirlforever
01-04-2007, 05:42 PM
It was already gone by the time I was born, but I would've loved to have seen the mine train. I also wish that I could've seen America Sings. Drat

shna
01-04-2007, 05:45 PM
I still miss America Sings. That was one of my favorite things about the park when I was in high school. :crying:

LolaluvsBruno
01-04-2007, 06:29 PM
I nearly spilled my coffee I was laughing so hard.

Ah Ha! So I wasnt they only one!

danyoung
01-05-2007, 08:21 AM
The elevator took up everybody, not just people in wheelchairs. .

Weren't there 2 elevators, just like at the MK?