PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Inn Express Questions

ktrm
01-03-2007, 07:11 PM
I noticed the Holiday Inn Express Maingate on Katella is not on the ART stop, but the Holiday Inn Express on Garden Grove Blvd is. Do people walk from the Maingate Holiday Inn Express or do they have their own shuttle?

I am looking for a nice hotel that has breakfast. I only have two children so I really don't need a suite. We stayed at the Embassy Suites South last time but I just really did not feel that we needed the whole suite. The breakfast was awesome, but the hotel was just a bit too big and overwhelming for us.

I am looking for a smaller hotel so I am leaning towards the holiday inn expresses. The one one Garden Grove looks very nice but I have never been that far away before. Is it a nice area? It looks like its the hotel that is the farthest away but still on the ART shuttle route. Any input would appreciated.

Oh I also have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn which I did like but I am looking for something new.

DisneyLynn
01-03-2007, 09:05 PM
The Garden Grove one is a very LONG way from DL! Not sure how that area is though. You could probably walk from the Holiday Inn on Katella, but it might be tiresome with 2 kids.

Have you looked into the Hampton Inn on Harbor near Chapman? it might meet your needs.

ktrm
01-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Yes, I am definitely leaning towards the Hampton Inn. I've heard their breakfast is good and I know the location is fine because I stayed next door at the Embassy Suites. The pool just looks ok(sort of small and out by the parking lot) but I can't have everything. After reading travelocity about the Holiday Inn in Garden Grove, I think I'll pass. They charge $10 extra a day to get a refrigerator and a couple of readers said the shuttle only comes every hour.