PDA

View Full Version : The best transportation from Orange County [SNA] to Disneyland?

kohl
01-03-2007, 06:31 PM
My brother and his girlfriend are flying into Orange County this month. I was wondering what is the best transporation for them to take to Disneyland?
Thanks!:D

Darkbeer
01-03-2007, 06:38 PM
My brother and his girlfriend are flying into Orange County this month. I was wondering what is the best transporation for them to take to Disneyland?
Thanks!:D

That is easy, A Taxi, $35 flat rate one way, no waiting, nobody else in the vehicle and non-stop to the hotel, unless you ask to stop at a grocery store for "supplies (not included in the flat rate).

Cheapest is the Disneyland Express Airport Bus, but it is over $20, so just go with the convenience!

yohomama212
01-03-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm assuming, you mean Orange County Airport (John Wayne Airport, SNA) and not one of the LA area airports that boasts an Orange County location. (I happen to live just a few blocks from the airport.) If he's staying at a Disneyland area hotel, most of them offer some sort of shuttle service (usually complemantary), to and from the airport and their hotel and DLR. (BTW, Disneyland is in Orange County.) He should call his hotel and see about the shuttle service available. If that doesn't work out for him, his best bet is to hire a cab from the airport. Taxis aren't especially prominent in this area but there's always one or two circling the airport waiting to be hired. They can be expensive though, so be prepared to pay for the "convenience". The train station is far from the airport and farther from DLR. Public transportaion is reliable but makes for a lengthy and uncomfortable trip with all the standard luggage. Check www.OCTA.net for route information if he wants to try the buses.

Liz :cool:

kohl
01-03-2007, 06:55 PM
They are flying into John Wayne. As of right now, we are staying at the Paradise Pier hotel.
Thanks for the info!

DisneyLynn
01-03-2007, 08:50 PM
The Disneyland Express bus takes you from the airport to the Disneyland Hotel (which is right next to Paradise Pier), my husband and friends have used this many times. I'm a little leary of taxis here in So. Cal.

Here's the link to the Disneyland express:

http://www.airportbus.com

nvmom
01-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Highly recommend tonythelimoking.com (funny name I know.) We've used Tony for trips from SNA to DLR area 4 diff times. For 2 adults he won't be much diff price wise from a cab. He has standard cars and vans, not just limos. Nice guy. Call the number on the website... he'll hook you up.

nvmom

10stime
01-04-2007, 10:50 AM
We enjoyed a family vacation to disneyland from december 17th-21st. There were 11 of us flying into SNA (7 adults, 2 teenagers and 2 children). We didn't reserve any transportation from the airport to the Grand Californian and just planned on doing the taxi route or a shuttle. After getting our bags we noticed rignt away the dinseyland bus was out front. A tip if you are going with a large group....have cash ready. We jumped on the bus and the driver said if we were paying with cash he could give us a deal. He charged us $70 dollars and we lucked out and caught him on the way back as well. So for 11 of us to get from SNA to the GCH it was $170 including tips. 15 bucks a person roundtrip (tip included) was a pretty good deal so if you are going with a large group, have cash ready and look for the disneyland bus! :)

crrees
01-04-2007, 11:08 AM
So disneyland does not have a "magical express" type venture thats included in your hotel stay if you are staying on property?

Ive always wondered this

stan4d_steph
01-04-2007, 11:43 AM
So disneyland does not have a "magical express" type venture thats included in your hotel stay if you are staying on property?No, there is no free transport to Disneyland Resort hotels like what is offered with WDW's Magical Express.

Darkbeer
01-04-2007, 11:45 AM
So disneyland does not have a "magical express" type venture thats included in your hotel stay if you are staying on property?

Ive always wondered this

Nothing free, if you buy "transfers" as part of your WDTC/AAA package, they will use the Disneyland Express Airport Bus service.

So the Disneyland Express is the same basic option (though no luggage directly to your hotel). Here in Southern California, you have so many different airports, plus the fact that Disney doesn't feel the need to try and "capture" you on-property, as their is no real difference in Anaheim, just walk across the street. In Orlando, if they can get you to the resort without a rental car, they pretty much have you "trapped", which is why they offer the service for "free" (The park gains a big benefit, your wallet ;)

JookyG
01-04-2007, 03:21 PM
If you've got more than 1 passenger and less than a handful, a taxi is the way to go. Since you share the fare, it's cheaper than a shuttle if you've got more 1 passenger. I do this 3-4 times a year from SNA or LGB (forget LAX!). And it's so convenient, I don't bother with the shuttles anymore even when I'm alone. Though bear in mind that the $35 flat rate only applies to the trip from the airport to the resort. You're on the meter going back to the airport, which usually runs a few dollars more than $35.