PDA

View Full Version : DO you WORK at Disneyland????

Cinemascribe
05-26-2002, 08:21 PM
I want someone to refer me- if you want the bonus....
cinemascribe@msn.com

HBTiggerFan
05-26-2002, 10:12 PM
Nope!
But what do you mean "refer you" for a "bonus"??

tabacco
05-26-2002, 10:21 PM
There's a program called Casting Scouts, where Disney pays something like $50 (I forget exactly) to a castmember for each new CM they refer to the resort who works >30 days.

Cinemascribe
05-26-2002, 11:08 PM
I'll fill you in as a referral. Used to work for Disneyland in 89 as a Main Street Merchandise Hostess, want to return for a summer or so, and wondered if they still had the bonus program... sometimes it helps you get hired faster..

See Ya In The Park
Corey

tabacco
05-27-2002, 07:12 AM
Cool! Welcome back :)

Are you going back into store ops?

papajorgio
05-27-2002, 10:35 AM
you have mail!

nick.

Napsto
05-27-2002, 06:08 PM
thats cool of disney to do the bonus program

Cinemascribe
05-27-2002, 07:42 PM
I thought I'd just put that I am open to working in whatever department- isn't that the best way to get hired fast..?

Do you guys have any idea if they are doing heavy hiring right now? or not?

CB

Disney Nick
05-27-2002, 07:53 PM
thats cool of disney to do the bonus program

I've worked at a different theme park and they do the exact same thing. It's usually not to give away money and be nice to employees (It's Disney afterall :) ). The theory behind it is that if someone is working at Disneyland there is a good chance that people they know would be good workers at Disneyland too. Also, they seem to advertise it more (at least at the park i worked at) when they need more employees.

tabacco
05-27-2002, 11:23 PM
Corey, I think they're probably hiring quite a few people, with summer looming ahead. Are you going CR or CT?

944Lifer
05-27-2002, 11:30 PM
I thought I'd just put that I am open to working in whatever department- isn't that the best way to get hired fast..?
That's probably OK on your application, but when I interviewed last month one of the questions was "What would you like to do, and why -- and DON'T say 'It doesn't matter, I can do any of it,' because EVERYBODY says that." (that's just about an exact quote of the phrasing). So make sure that, while you mention that you are open to working other departments, you also have a good idea of where you would most like to work and why. Even if your interviewer doesn't phrase the question like that, it would be good to show that you put some thought into it, and aren't just looking for "any old job."

As for hiring, I would imagine that they are still looking for people. Be forewarned, though, that you may not start right away. I was hired in late April, and don't go to orientation until the middle of June. I'm guessing that orientations are booked solid for the near future.

marron-cream
05-28-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Cinemascribe

Do you guys have any idea if they are doing heavy hiring right now? or not?

CB

They are desperately needing people to work in Store Ops, PLEASE COME BACK! :D

No, seriously, I think they're more open to hiring new people right now. I've seen a lot of trainees lately. Good luck!

Rednoyz
05-28-2002, 07:12 PM
Hi. First post here at the 'ol MousePad/Planet. Hope the
formatting's ok. I've been at the Resort for just under
2 yrs now (came in as a temp and got hired FT 3 mos
later). There is a current program called "Casting Scout".
The bonus is $50.00 for hourly and $500 for salaried hires
(although, there's been minimal amounts of those hires
this year. Esp since 9/11). There are lots of CT & CR
positions available right now (Foods, custodial, stores.
Those with more & learned experience might think of
cash mgmt, travel co, security, the hotels.
Check disneycareers.com, fyi). It's smack dab in the
middle of Summer season kiddlets. As long as you're
sincere, answer the questions specificly and you've got
all your weekends and weeknights free for the shifts,
you should be fine. Oh, please get that gel outta your
hair and ladies, take off the high-heel flip-flops. Dress
like you're going in for a *job interview* (ask your
parents or a successful friend for tips for you're unsure.
Can't believe what some people show up in!) Good luck.
--- doing my time in HR