PDA

View Full Version : Costco Travel Rooms

faithbaby
01-03-2007, 10:50 AM
We booked through Costco this year instead of AAA (oddly enough it was even a few $$ cheaper -- less than 5 ;) ). Decided we'd rather have the Character Breakfast and $20 gift card than lug around the free refill drink mugs again...

Anyway, we are staying at the DLH and the package states "standard" room. Just wondering from anyone who has used a Costco package at DLH what the room was like. Are we guaranteed the crappiest view ever? Not a huge deal since my main reason for staying there is convenience to the parks, but an at least "OK" view room would be fabulous!

10stime
01-07-2007, 06:35 PM
We booked through costco travel to stay at the GCH December 17th-21st. We booked just the standard room and had a request put on our reservations that we would like courtyard view in hopes of not having our balcony over the parking lot. There were 11 of us (3 rooms) so I wasn't expecting more than just a standard view. We were given 3 rooms all overlooking the courtyard, downtown disney and we could even see the matterhorn. At night we could watch the fireworks from our room if we wanted! It was beyond what I had hoped to get for a "standard" room. Hope you score a great room like we did! Good luck:D

josephfive
01-07-2007, 07:08 PM
We had a standard room this October and we had a view of the parking structure :) It wasn't so bad, and we enjoyed being in the Sierra tower as it was very convenient to the pool, dining, etc. If you do have the same view as us, ask for a room higher up. Our friends stayed on a lower floor and they could hear the valets and the delivery trucks.

If you can, get to the check in early. We had much more of a choice then our friends did who arrived later.

faithbaby
01-08-2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the replies! I'll plan for parking structure view, but hope for the best! We will be arriving early, so I'll be sure to check in as soon as we get there and before hitting the parks. I know we won't get a room as soon as we get there, but maybe it will help. Oh, does anyone know -- will they hold our luggage until we can get into our room?

Rteneyck
01-08-2007, 09:31 AM
yes, they will hold your luggage until your room is assigned. Once you get to your room just call the bell desk and they will bring it up.