PDA

View Full Version : 80th Birthday at Disneyland

K & S
01-02-2007, 09:25 PM
My mother turned eighty years old on November 28th and she wanted to go to Disneyland, she hadn’t been there for over 30 years and never during the Christmas season. Although she is in poor health and can’t get around well anymore, I told her that we could rent a scooter for her at the Park.

It was a perfectly wonderful day. We started at City Hall so she could get a “Happy Birthday” button, then off to Club 33 for lunch. At the Club they presented Mom with a menu which said “Happy 80th Birthday Lois” across on the top. Our lunch was wonderful, as always, and she was quite impressed with her first look at Club 33. (I was impressed that she downed two Vodka Collins with lunch.)

Mom had a list of rides she wanted to go on, and thanks to the light crowds we were able to get on all of them without waiting in any line longer than 5 minutes. Her only disappointment was that the Matterhorn Bobsleds were closed.

After the rides we got to the hub just in time to get front row places for the Christmas Parade. We then moved about twenty yards to be right in front of the castle for the fireworks and snow.

By the time we were left DL, Mom voice was hoarse from saying thank you to all the Guests and CMs who wished her a Happy Birthday throughout the day, but she told me that it was the first time she had felt any Christmas spirit since my step-father died a few years ago. She had me get the Club 33 menu framed.

It was a special and wonderful day that I wanted to share it with my Mouse Planet family.

:)

el gee
01-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Thanks for your great story, it made me smile. I wish I could get my mom to go, she has NEVER been to the park:( I tell her she just hasn't lived till she comes with me to the happiest place on earth!!

Rkkm
01-02-2007, 09:54 PM
What a lovely, lovely story! You just made my day! Thank you so much. This is such proof of the magic of Disneyland. Please give your remarkable mom a big hug!

I Heart Disneyland!
01-02-2007, 10:20 PM
I love this story about your mom's 80th. What a special day and it sounds like it could not have been more perfect!!! I love happy tales like this one. Thank you for sharing it with us.

DorkySka
01-02-2007, 11:03 PM
That is so great. :D

oregontraveler
01-03-2007, 04:43 AM
What a great story, thanks for sharing :)