PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else going to Disneyland next week? (1/6-13/07)

alexandrasmom
01-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Hi everyone! I just found this website last week and have already spend hours reading! It is kind of cool to find others that like Disney as much as my 4 year old and I do. (Anyone else's hubby not get it and make fun of them? :) ) I am taking my sis-in-law to DL next week for her first time and am hoping that it will not be too crowded after the holiday rush and before MLK weekend. I called the DL Hotel today and they said that if they are going to have AP rates, it will be announced next week. He at least made it sound like a possibility!

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello and thanks for the fun and great info.

Evelyn

DizneyMommy
01-02-2007, 07:41 PM
My husband will never get it either. He thinks I am insane because I take our 2 year old daughter to the park by myself all the time. He says he doesn't get how that can be fun. Grumpy! He begrudgingly allows me to buy him an AP every year, and after 6 years he still comes with us for dinner and a ride on the "boats" a couple of times a month (our daughter is obsessed with IASW), though he claims not to enjoy himself, I think he just won't admit he really does.

erica84
01-02-2007, 07:58 PM
My Mom and I will be going to DL next Friday the 12th just for the day. We're hoping the crowds won't be too bad but since it's a three day weekend, we know it may be pretty busy. Hope you and your sis-in-law have fun! It's really cool to go with a first-timer, that's for sure!

alexandrasmom
01-02-2007, 08:57 PM
Thanks Erica84! I hope you have fun on Friday. We drive back on Thursday, so we will miss the parades, but hopefully we will miss the crowds as well.

And DizneyMommy you are so lucky to live so close! I always go with my daughter alone- my hubby went once 3 years ago. We even went to Disney World last year for the first time and he took the rental car to the beach while we did the parks! The only thing Disney he did was the water park. In my opinion, he missed all the fun!

el gee
01-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi. My 21 year old DD and I will be there the 9th-11th. We are hoping the crowds will be small, school starts in the area on the 8th. Last year we came on the 17th, and the park was almost empty:p !! It was sooo nice, and the CMs said it is always like that in Jan. and Feb. (baring a holiday event). The park does close sooner, and there are some major ride shut-downs, but for us the lack of crowds make it worth it!!
Hope to see ya there, we will be the two gals with big, goofy smiles on our
faces!!

Pirates first, always pirates first!!

DangerMouse
01-03-2007, 06:16 AM
My family will be there Jan 7-9. We are looking forward to catching the last EP on Sunday night and then experiencing light crowds on Monday and Tuesday! :D

disney4us
01-03-2007, 10:14 AM
We will be going for the first time from the 8th to 12th. I'm a bit bummed as I checked weather.com and it is showing rain both Thursday and Friday. Friday night is the only one with the fireworks which we wanted to see.

yohomama212
01-03-2007, 06:54 PM
If I can't make it to Tom Sawyer's Island tomorrow, I'll be there next week. I'm totally expecting lighter crowds with most local schools going back into session on Monday and all the holiday events offically ending Sunday. I want to take the kids to play on Tom Sawyer's Island before they shut it down and retheme it all. We're also hoping to catch Fantasmic tomorrow night but will gladly return next week if we miss that chance too.

Liz :cool:

kylephoto760
01-04-2007, 01:11 AM
I'll be there Friday and Saturday. I just checked the weather report and if it holds it'll be dry. Windy though so no fireworks. (Gusts of 45 mph.)

DalOwnerx3
01-04-2007, 10:43 AM
We'll be there all next week. We got a 4 day park hopper and will be staying at Paradise Pier. I'm also looking forward to the lighter crowds but also the warmer weather! The forecast for Anaheim for Monday is 77. Whoo hoo!

kaybee2
01-04-2007, 12:23 PM
My husband gets my DL thing - in fact, he's into it almost as much as I am! Scary thing is that 9 yo DS and 7 yo DD are into it too - when they start pointing out Hidden Mickeys, I wonder if it's genetic!!;)

We'll be down there 1/11-1/13. Looking forward to lighter crowds than 12/30-12-31, which was a nightmare!

raediance
01-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi everyone! I just found this website last week and have already spend hours reading! It is kind of cool to find others that like Disney as much as my 4 year old and I do. (Anyone else's hubby not get it and make fun of them? :) ) I am taking my sis-in-law to DL next week for her first time and am hoping that it will not be too crowded after the holiday rush and before MLK weekend. I called the DL Hotel today and they said that if they are going to have AP rates, it will be announced next week. He at least made it sound like a possibility!

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello and thanks for the fun and great info.

Evelyn
We're going on the seventh (sunday). I hope it's not too crowded either!