PDA

View Full Version : January is Disney Month at AAA

ktrm
01-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Just to let all you AAA members that I stopped by my AAA office and discovered that January is again AAA month this year. Basically you get the same "Everyone Plays for the Kids Price" ticket deal that is on the Disney website. You also ,however, get the refillable mug for soft drinks if you book your tickets only "passport plus" package, Disney resort magic package, or Disney good neighbor package between 1/2/07-1/31/07. Remember you can get the refillable mug by buying only the tickets and not the accomodations, but you have to ask for the "passport plus" package. The passport plus package gets you souvenior tickets(don't exactly know what this is...probably the hard credit card tickets like the Disney store sells), free parking(which is a huge deal if you intend to take your car to the park everyday...parking is $10/day), one early entry into Fantasyland(typical of most advanced purchased tickets), and a vacation diamond card which gives you special savings at different things throughout the park(I did not find too many useful coupons myself) The refillable mug gets you up to five(5) refills per day at Pizza Port and Rancho del Zocalo in Disneyland (can't remember if there was another location) and Pizza Ooom Mow Mow at DCA. You only get a voucher for the mug from AAA and then you have to go to Walt Disney Travel Company in Downtown Disney to actually pick it up. The mug was a bit bulky and kind of a pain to lug around, but with drinks costing $2.49 each, it may be worth it for you. I found out a bit too late last year that some drink locations let you bypass the long food line if you just want to refill your drink, but not order any food. I found this out after I waited 45 minutes in the food line at Pizza ooom Mow Mow. Pizza Port was the easiest location to get the refills fast.

Also last year my AAA had an actually Disney Day Event within the Disney month. This year it is on Tuesday January 23rd. Last year if you got your tickets on this actual day, you got a tee-shirt as well as the refillable mug and all the other goodies

SOOOO...... check out your AAA office before you book your travel in the spring to see if any of the deals appeal to you. Happy Travels

motoxprincess31
01-03-2007, 02:09 PM
do all AAA offices do this?? I don't know if I juts talked to the wrong person at AAA or what. When I called and asked if they had any disneyland packages or specials, the girl told me "oh no we don't do any of that any more, we don't even sell tickets"

faithbaby
01-03-2007, 02:14 PM
motox...just check out csaa.com. It is all there. ;) Maybe the person you spoke to was drinking on the job:eek: .

Disney Vault
01-03-2007, 06:08 PM
I still miss the enhanced fast pass they offered:(

PeoplemoverMisser
01-03-2007, 11:02 PM
AAA ran something similar in the fall - what was it? Does anyone remember?

Courtney Anne
01-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the info

I am hoping to go in the beginning of FEB so this will help me out money wise

ktrm
01-04-2007, 09:16 AM
AAA ran something similar in the fall - what was it? Does anyone remember?

You know I read your previous thread and I just don't remember any promos from AAA in the Fall and I just went to Disneyland in November. I hope I did not miss out on anything. I will ask at my AAA office when I go and pick up some maps. I plan on going next November too so I really need to find out. Last year when I talked to the rep. she told me that January is definitely always "Disney month" and encouraged me to check out any deals early in the year, but that was all she said. Sometimes I have gotten fliers from AAA for special deals throughout the year for Disney cruises.

ktrm
01-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the info

Check out Costco.com for deals as well. They are providing character breakfasts and a $20 gift card with the Disney packages. I am not sure if they only sell tickets without accomodations like AAA. Anyone else know?

ktrm
01-04-2007, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the info

Check out Costco.com for deals as well. They are providing character breakfasts and a $20 gift card with the Disney packages instead of the refillable mug thing. I am not sure if they only sell tickets without accomodations like AAA, however. Anyone else know?

OOOPPS. Don't know how I got repeat posts and don't know how to delete the extra one either.

julw
01-04-2007, 12:11 PM
We are going in March and have always booked thru AAA in the past during their Disney promotion month, but this year decided to do the hotel on our own. I called to see if the "extras" still apply if I buy all our tickets thu AAA, but they do not. A hotel stay has to be part of the package thru AAA to get the extras they are offering this month. Just an FYI.

ktrm
01-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Last year in January, I ordered the Passport Plus Ticket Package from AAA. This does not include hotel accomodations. The AAA travel agent did not think I got the refillable mug, but when she called Disney I did. My mom who also bought the Passport Plus Ticket Package last year from AAA from a different city also got the refillable mug. In fact her travel agent told her that she got the mug. She called me and I called my travel agent who said she did not think I got it but when she researched more I did. Keep pressing the issue. You may just be surprised when you get your package and the voucher for the mug is in there. All Passport Plus Packages and Hotel and ticket packages go through Walt Disney Travel Agency so I have found the AAA agents don't always know all the fine details. You may want to call Walt Disney Travel Agency directly and ask them since all AAA Disneyland packages are ordered through them anyway.

One note.... Be sure to ask for the Passport Plus Ticket Package for a 3 day hopper or whatever you need. These need to be ordered and have a $10 processing fee per package(not ticket) I think you have to order the tickets at least two weeks in advance or you incur a late processing fee.

Do not buy the AAA tickets that AAA has on hand in their office in the safe. For some odd reason these tickets are not ordered through Walt Disney Travel Agency and do not include all the perks like the refillable mug, tinker bell luggage tag, coupon book, etc. Also as I learned the hard way, the tickets from their office cannot be upgraded an extra day for the difference in the AAA prices like the Passport Plus Tickets. Its all very confusing.

So unless they changed the policy this year from last year, you should get the refillable drink mug. Also the description of the "Passport Plus" package is on page 33 of the new Disneyland AAA brochure so at the very least you should get the free parking and the coupon book(they call it a diamond card this year)

julw
01-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Thank you! I am going to call and ask again. Do you know if the passport plus ticket package also included the pin and lanyard last year?

jillshumway
01-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Anyone know the dimentions on the mug? I want to make a bag that will be used as a cup holder. We have 6 of us and I want to get as organized as I can or we will have drinks spilled everywhere.

I called today you buy the passport plus get mug and lanyard early entry ect. Right now the deal is everyone pays for the price of a kid then add $8 per ticket for the pasport plus. We did it last year (without the mug) and it was great. I am going to buy tickets again for this year this month to take advantage of this.

Thanks Jill

jillshumway
01-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Thank you! I am going to call and ask again. Do you know if the passport plus ticket package also included the pin and lanyard last year?
When I called they said you do.

Jill

faithbaby
01-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Anyone know the dimentions on the mug? I want to make a bag that will be used as a cup holder. We have 6 of us and I want to get as organized as I can or we will have drinks spilled everywhere.
Thanks Jill

Jill, I could be a bit off (since I don't have a mug in front of me), but we used them last year and they were of good size. I'd say about 4 inches in diameter and around 6 inches tall. They have a handle and a snap on lid -- think travel mug. Sure, you could dribble, but the lid helps. While we had 4 mugs, I think we only carried 2 at a time and shared. We'd fill them, drink what we wanted and then dump the leftover ice. I'd wipe them off and tuck them back in the backback. Worked pretty well for us, but I still think it was a bit of a pain to carry them around...

julw
01-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Yep, she is just about exact on the mug size. I have mine from last year, and it is 6 inches tall and the diameter across the mug lid is 4.25 inchess across and the circumference around the mug is 11&1/2 inches without measuting the handle and 14 inches around counting the handle. It's more like a travel coffee mug than a soda mug, I have always found that a little strange, but oh well?

We also do what the PP does, we usually only carry two with us and share. Then when the drink is gone I dump them out and give them a quick whipe and but them in the bag or stroller until we eat again.

Oingofan
01-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Anyone know if you can fill the mug with Milk? My son or wife doesn't drink soda. Thx!

PeoplemoverMisser
01-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Last year it had to be "anything from the fountain". So Coke, Diet Coke - I think some had Hi-C, we let our 2-year old sip some Sprite and he was good to go.

They were only refillable at Redd Rocketts & Rancho del Zocalo in DLP which was fine - one on either side of the Plaza, and Pizza Mow Mow in DCA (sucked that the only one was tucked over in a corner of the park).

ktrm
01-04-2007, 07:15 PM

Last year, I did not get the pin and lanyard with the passport plus package although I did ask. I could have, however, for an extra $5 per person. My mom got it. I did not want to pay an extra $15 for myself and two children. The pin was cute with Mickey on it but they had to spoil it by putting AAA vacations on it. The Lanyard had AAA splashed all over it and mom dumped it pretty quick because it was kindof heavy and itchy around her neck.

I'd say ask like jillshumway did and if you can get another free goodie then great.

jillshumway
01-11-2007, 06:54 AM
Last year, I did not get the pin and lanyard with the passport plus package although I did ask. I could have, however, for an extra $5 per person. My mom got it. I did not want to pay an extra $15 for myself and two children. The pin was cute with Mickey on it but they had to spoil it by putting AAA vacations on it. The Lanyard had AAA splashed all over it and mom dumped it pretty quick because it was kindof heavy and itchy around her neck.

I'd say ask like jillshumway did and if you can get another free goodie then great.

We paid $8 over the pasport plus price to get the mug lanyard and pin. If you trade pins it is well worth it. My kids 13,10,5, loved it the 3 and 1 could care less. but the big ones took the little ones pins and traded them. The lanyard also has a clear pouch that the kids could keep their ticket and fast passes in. One side of our lanyard had AAA written on it the other side didn't we used the side without AAA. When we went to redeam the coupon for the lanyard they only had 2 and we needed 6 so they gave us costco ones.

virgojmk
01-11-2007, 03:43 PM
We ordered the passport plus tickets thru AAA last Sat. The agent was a big help and had them shipped to her office. They arrived yesterday, and DH picked them up today.
The total was $610 for 4-4day hopper passes. It did include the refillable mugs, parking and the downtown disney fun card.
Was pleased to see they are the hard tickets, the paper ones I was always afaid of ripping.

Courtney Anne
01-11-2007, 04:05 PM
what is the downtown disney fun card ?

vicbella2
01-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the tip about the passport plus package. We're planning a trip for next month and our 2 kids need hopper ( dh & i have aps). Will call aaa tomorrow.

virgojmk
01-11-2007, 04:50 PM
10% off at Catal Restaurant and Uva Bar, Naples, Ralph Brennan's Jazz kitchen and Tortilla Jo's, 1free child's meal with an adult entree at ESPN Zone and Rainforest cafe.

On merchandise(all are pretax):
Arribas Bros 10% with 50 or more, Basin 15% on 20 or more, Build a Bear $5 off when you spend $25, Cartoon to you $2 off any cartoon, Club Libby Lu spend $25 and get a free fancy potion, Hairwraps 10% off, Illuminations 20% off, Lego spend 30 get $5 off, Tattoos 10% off, The Pearl Factory free pearl-bearing oyster with purchase of any 14k setting starting at 17.99.

We are planning on going to Build a Bear, as a belated birthday gift, so that one helps us. And we are also planning on eating at the Rainforest Cafe. Every little bit helps!