PDA

View Full Version : Viewing firework outside the park

mariafred963
01-02-2007, 05:03 PM
We will be coming in the night of the 7th and would like to be able to see the Chirstmas fireworks with out using one of our days. Does anyone know where would be a good place to view them from outside the park?

disney jones
01-02-2007, 05:14 PM
the Chevron station on the SE corner of Ball and Harbor is pretty close and an impressive sight to see them from. the top of the parking garage would be good too if you can get up there, they usually aren't charging for parking at that time of day.

Bytebear
01-02-2007, 05:30 PM
I agree, Mickey and Friends parking garage, top level.

mariafred963
01-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks

jazzysmom
03-30-2007, 11:33 AM
We are closing in on our trip to Disneyland! Yeah!!!

Our first day there is a black out day, leaving us with only 1 day to see the fireworks while we are in the park. Sooo...I was wondering if there are any good spots outside the park (perhaps downtown disney?) to see the show? Is there anywhere that you can hear some of it too? Thanks guys!:D

Darkbeer
03-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Downtown Disney is not a good choice.

My favorite place is the Hot Tub at HoJo's, but you need to be staying at the hotel.

A lot of folks enjoy the view from the top of the parking structure, you can always catch the tram at DtD to the structure, then use the escalators to get to the top of the structure, depending on the wind, you can usually hear most of it.

But the best place to hear the fireworks is to go to the Paradise Pier Hotel, and head up to the 3rd floor and the Pool deck area, stand on the north end. Disney pipes in the sound. There are no gates or other type of checks, so as far as I know, it is open to the public.

danyoung
03-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Wow, DB - that's really an excellent suggestion, a spot that I didn't know of. I really enjoy the top floor of the Mickey & Friends parking garage. Even though there's no music piped in, you're MUCH closer to the big boomers than you are in the parks. It's really a pretty amazing panoramic viewpoint.

LostBoy02
03-30-2007, 12:08 PM
My favorite place to watch the FW's has to be on your balcony at the GCH.

sjcivilady
03-30-2007, 12:21 PM
We have the same problem on our next trip. We're staying at the Holiday Inn Hotel (behind Mickey & Friends parking garage) - does anyone know if you can see the fireworks good from there? Some of the above suggestions sound good too. thanks! Joan

jazzysmom
04-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Thank you DB, I just happen to be staying at HoJo's (my fav in the area). We will head to the hot tub just in time!!!!!

Darkbeer
04-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Thank you DB, I just happen to be staying at HoJo's (my fav in the area). We will head to the hot tub just in time!!!!!

The South east corner is the best, so when you use the handrail, just to the left of it. You might want to get their a few minutes early, I am not the only one who likes the view from the Hot Tub.

jazzysmom
04-03-2007, 07:44 PM
I will be the prune on the left.