PDA

View Full Version : The decision to spend Christmas Eve and Day at the Resort

pisces
01-02-2007, 03:48 PM
It's a tough decision if you're someone who likes things perfect.

There's a lot of expectation surrounding the day of the 24 and 25 of December.

Those are hectic days anyway, but then to throw in Disneyland into the mix....

It might be a little too too much to deal with.

Keep in mind there were more people than you might expect on Christmas Eve. Lot's more it seemed to me.

I don't know that I would do it again----spend the exact day(s) of.

Especially when, this year, the Carolers stuck around at least till December 29. Right up till December 29, there were Carolers both at GCH and in the Park.

For me, arriving on the 26th makes a little bit more sense, and gives something to look forward to the day after.

And yet, I'm looking at my Christmas Day photos in complete disbelief and overwhelmed at how gorgeous the Park looked on that particular day....December 25th.

I've got a shot of the Snow Globe that you will absolutely not believe, it's so breathtaking and picturesque--with the Castle in the backdrop----and that you couldn't see after the 25th. They took the Snow Globe down immediately.

I've got the most surreal, incredible pictures of the Snow Globe, both day and night on Christmas Day.

Very magical.

MouseWife
01-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Mmmm...can you share for those of us who didn't brave it? :fez:

pisces
01-02-2007, 03:56 PM
YES absolutely.

I took about 6 rolls of pictures (well, I was there for 10 days!).......40 shots each!

It takes time to sift through each one, and then I have to upload each picture one by one.

...that's after I pause breathless, staring at my own photos !!!!

Wait till you see my in-room Christmas tree, that I jazzed up with my own ornaments.

I'll have them up tomorrow for sure, definately...provided I can stop staring long enough to get to work.

In the meantime....did nobody on this site capture the Snowglobe (day and night) ???

Darkbeer: Did you get the Snowglobe?

I reentered the Park on the morning of December 26th, and it had been taken down.

Although it may have been up for weeks before....I don't know.

MouseWife
01-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Oh yes, I can wait. I know how time consuming it is to upload, etc.

I also take a lot of pictures on our trips. I love how digital you can just shot any random thing and make a cd of the pics to enjoy. {I sense I am starting another 'collection'....}

pisces
01-02-2007, 04:47 PM
One by one. There must be an easier way.

Some of my pictures didn't come out.

Regrettably, the New Years Midnight photos, are a bit sketchy. So funny because NYE at midnight---I was up closer than ever to Sleeping Beauty Castle.....and yet from the pictures....it looks like I was farther than I really was.

However, you can still make out the characters that came out on the ledge (just Mickey and Minnie).

The "Fantasy In The Sky" fireworks.....just look like normal fireworks, not as overwhelming as it was in person.

Oh well, I'll just upload everything, blurry/bad or not....and let everyone else be the judge.

Christmas Day, my In-room Christmas Tree, and anything/everything daytime came out spectacular, though.