PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Closing Before Feb?

Mommaof2
01-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi Everyone,

First post, long time lurker! I was just wondering if any of you well informed folks knew the actual date of Fantasmic going dark? I am planning a trip with my family and purchased priority seating for the 1/28 Fantasmic show on the balcony! I have checked the Disneyland calendar and they till show it on their schedule. I read on the Disneyland report today that it looks like it will be in the next week!

I would be heartbroken if it is in fact closed when we visit, especially since we are doing the dessert buffet.. YUM! But, I am sure we can find something else to do with our time in the park.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Momma of 2!

just beatla33
01-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Feb 20

yenko427
01-02-2007, 03:09 PM
I spoke with the CM this morning trying to book for 2/2 balcony. I was informed the show is Dark for the entire month of Feb.

JookyG
01-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Dude! I'm booking my February trip now!!! How nice it will be to see NOS on a weekend evening without the traffic disaster that is Fantasmic! Don't get me wrong...I love the show, but it ruins my favorite time of day in my favorite land. Not that there's much jazz left in New Orleans Square :(

yenko427
01-02-2007, 03:44 PM
I was really looking forward to it so my son could see it. Oh well, I guess I will have to go back again!

LLevy
01-02-2007, 03:49 PM
I spoke with the CM this morning trying to book for 2/2 balcony. I was informed the show is Dark for the entire month of Feb.

just printed off the feb schedule from the disneyland site- shows fantasmic on saturday and sunday Feb 10th & 11th...

LL

yenko427
01-02-2007, 04:27 PM
I am just letting you know what they told me today when I tried to book balcony reservations. She said the whole month is dark. Now it makes me wonder.......

disneyhound
01-02-2007, 05:24 PM
...I am planning a trip with my family and purchased priority seating for the 1/28 Fantasmic show on the balcony!...

Hi Mommaof2! Our annual trip is set and we have Fantasmic balcony tickets for the 9:00PM show on 1/27! We selected the earlier show so we can stay for the fireworks! We will hold your place for you... ;)

I am going under the assumption that since they have sold us tickets, there must be a show scheduled... Earlier in December they dropped all the Fantasmic shows listed on DL website. I thought we would not have a chance to see it this year. Then, a few days before I needed to call for tickets, the schedule was back up.

They could cancel for a number of reasons, but no worries, we shall have our evening on the balcony! :D

Dani
01-02-2007, 08:36 PM
What??? They're getting rid of Fantasmic???? That's my favorite show there!! :crying:

Mommaof2
01-03-2007, 07:17 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies! I guess it's a matter of wait and see. Hopefully the weather will hold up and all will be right with the world. At least in Disneyland.

I hope you enjoy your time disneyhound. Make sure to keep our seats warm, and save the best seats for us!

Also, because I'm ultra paranoid, I called the resort and they still have the scheduled shows as well.

What??? They're getting rid of Fantasmic???? That's my favorite show there!! :crying:

I don't think they are getting rid of Fantasmic, they are refurbing Tom Sawyer Island, and Fantasmic will be closed as a part of the refurb. I believe it is scheduled to reopen around the same time as the Pirates of the Carribbean 3.. with the new Tom Sawyer Island being unveiled as well.

-Mommaof2