PDA

View Full Version : sleeping beauty walk tour dioram prints on e-bay

Tigertail777
05-26-2002, 05:34 PM
Hey gang! I remembered that some of you are big fans of the Sleeping Beauty walk tour, and stumbled across these beautiful prints of the diorama background paintings. They are a little pricey, but if you are a big fan I'm sure they are worth it. This is an exclusive to Disney auctions, so I am sure there are very few that have been made. The item # on e-bay is: 1733399278 I think it only has 3 or 4 days left to go. OK just thought y'all might like it. They have some nice pics on the auction that you can grab if you can't afford the actual thing.

HBTiggerFan
05-26-2002, 07:33 PM
I guess its really gone <sigh>:crying:

Tigertail777
05-26-2002, 07:45 PM
Never say Never. Those things I told everyone about on e-bay say they are high quality prints, and therefore (I am assuming) not the actual background props from the attraction. I would say it still has a chance to re-open once they figure a way to have better security for it. I don't think it would be too hard to add some security cameras in there, that could be added to the big bank of other security cameras they have for other attractions. Whether Disney will actually spring the money to do something so simple and cheap to re-open a only marginally active attraction however, is anyone's guess. I hope they do, I only saw it when I was very little, and don't remember much I'd love to see more charming attractions such as this preserved.

Nigel2
05-26-2002, 09:24 PM
I seriously doubt these have anything to do with the attraction's return or not since they are reproductions and it even has the edition size on there. Also I wouldn't be surprised if cameras we not already in there for a while since they wouldn't want people to be in any danger or try to scam the company with a fake fall.:)

AliKzam
05-26-2002, 10:14 PM
A couple of quick security fixes to the castle would be to have a guard (in costume for entertainment and/or an actual security guard) at the entrance, and light the hallways and stairways of the castle. It could be very nicely done, and not interfere with the dioramas.
I hope they reopen it.

merlinjones
05-26-2002, 11:27 PM
Re: Ebay: These are reproduction prints of four Eyvind Earle concept paintings for the outstanding original version of the Sleeping Beauty Castle Dioramas (that version disappeared in the early 80's).

These are extremely cool, but have nothing to do with the current dioramas inside the castle.

They should restore the originals and reopen the castle for the 50th.