PDA

View Full Version : Everyone Plays for the Kids' Price at the Disneyland Resort and Kids Fly Free

Darkbeer
01-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Disneyland Resort Press Release

Everyone Plays for the Kids' Price at the Disneyland Resort and Kids Fly Free From Major U.S. Cities

Red Hot Chili Peppers' Music Spices Up Space Mountain and California Screamin'

ANAHEIM, Calif., Jan. 2 -- During "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration at the Disneyland Resort, guests can dream and play like kids with two special vacation offers.

For a limited time, kids can fly free to the Disneyland Resort from major U.S. cities. Each child (ages 2-11) flies free with the corresponding purchase of one adult ticket on either Alaska or United Airlines, as part of a Walt Disney Travel Company package (for specific airline travel dates, please contact the airline carriers).

From January 3 - April 26, 2007, adult guests who purchase a Walt Disney Travel Company package, including a Disneyland Resort Park Hopper ticket of three days or longer, pay the kids' price for the tickets. A package including a two-night stay at one of the surrounding-area Good Neighbor hotels starts at $229 (airfare not included) and a package including a two-night stay at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels begins at $359 (airfare not included). Guests who stay at a Disneyland Resort hotel for four nights or more also receive a $150 Disney Gift Card that can be used throughout the Resort's theme parks and hotels.

Also from January 3 - April 26, 2007 and as part of the "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration, Disneyland will be Rockin' Both Parks. Rock fans' dreams will come true as Red Hot Chili Peppers' music and new special effects will temporarily transform Space Mountain at Disneyland and California Screamin' at Disney's California Adventure into new rock n' roll adventures. The new soundtracks are specifically remixed to heighten every twist, turn, rise and drop of each thrilling attraction.

Guests will experience Space Mountain like never before. The high-speed interstellar adventure, that has captivated Disneyland guests since the 1970s, will temporarily have an all-new twist. Rockin' Space Mountain fans will find the attraction sporting new technology that features illuminated rock fans dancing, more than 200 lights brightening the track, and a brand-new, customized soundtrack by Red Hot Chili Peppers. The band's famous song, "Higher Ground," which was a 1989 hit version of the Stevie Wonder original tune, will create an out of this world rock adventure. Along with new technology and lighting, all systems are a go.

Riders of Rockin' California Screamin' at Disney's California Adventure will also twist and turn to a new soundtrack. With a specially customized version of Red Hot Chili Peppers' 1999 hit "Around the World," guests will rock through the attraction's 6,000 feet of track. The four-minute ride is the world's longest steel looping roller coaster and takes guests from zero to 55 miles per hour in just four seconds.

"Year of a Million Dreams," which began on October 1, is being celebrated at Disney Parks in the United States. For 15 months, the Resorts are celebrating dreams coming true, making literally millions of dreams, large and small, come true for eligible guests. Many money-can't-buy experiences -- from exclusive Dream FASTPASSES for popular Disney attractions to around-the-world vacations or a stay in the special Mickey Mouse Penthouse at the Disneyland Hotel -- are being awarded at random to guests. In addition to the Disney Dreams Giveaway, guests are enjoying all new immersive entertainment experiences at the resort. At Disneyland Park, guests are meeting, playing and learning their royal ways with Disney Princesses at Disney Princess Fantasy Faire, dueling with Darth Vader at Jedi Training Academy and creating mayhem with Pirates in New Orleans Square. At Disney's California Adventure Park, guests young and old are bopping to the beat and joining in the fun of the High School Musical Pep Rally. The "Year of a Million Dreams" celebration lasts through 2007.

For reservations or more information on these offers call (866) 60-DISNEY, contact a travel agent or visit www.disneyland.com (http://www.disneyland.com/). Information about 'The Year of a Million Dreams' celebration can be found at www.disneyland.com/dreams (http://www.disneyland.com/dreams).

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win in the Disney Dreams Giveaway. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico & U.K. Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Giveaway runs October 1, 2006 - December 31, 2007 (mail-in entries postmarked starting September 18, 2006 & received by January 14, 2008 on a 3.5x5 postcard with complete name, address, daytime phone#, birth date and proper postage sent to PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA). UK residents only mail to 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Penthouse stay will be awarded most days starting December 1, 2006, will likely be awarded early in the day and will be for a stay that night. Approximate retail value of Mickey Mouse Penthouse Stay US $572. Prizes range in value from US $3.83 to US $83,701. All prize awards are subject to verification. Odds of winning on a given day depend on the number of eligible participants at a selected location or within the mail-in entry pool for the time or date (as applicable) selected. Subject to official rules at www.DisneyParks.com/rules (http://www.disneyparks.com/rules). Sponsor: Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

For residents of Canada, a mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win any prize.

ktrm
01-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Phooey. I thought it was the case, but officially no "kids play free" this year for the off season. :crying: It was such a fantastic deal last year. I don't think I can justify a spring trip this year with just the "kids play free" It really only saves me $20 over what I spent this past November for tickets (ticket prices went up). Late November is such a beautiful time with the Christmas decorations and all and I just don't think springtime is quite as nice(although still lots of fun). This spring it seems like a lot of rides are closed for refurbishment too such as the railroad and splash mountain. With ride closures and the like, I really need a better deal. The kids fly free sounds good if you live far away and close to one of the airports, however. I also saw that Costco.com has some package deals that include a $20 gift card and a character breakfast. People may want to check this out. I have not yet checked out AAA to see if the are doing the free drink refill deal like they did last year. Although dragging that mug around was sort of a pain.

DangerMouse
01-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I just spent $771 for six 3-day parkhoppers. OUCH! Last year it was just $360 with the Kids Play Free deal. That's an enormous leap.

At least I'm getting a bargain at the HoJo. :)

houseofmouse
01-02-2007, 01:48 PM
Yikes good through April? :eek: Does that mean when I am there the 7th-11th of March it will be slammed? I was hoping to go on an off date with my daughter before Spring Break starts. I already had a horrible time making hotel reservations because some NAM Conference is that weekend. I was counting on the park not being too crowded. Hmm.....

Donald Duck Fan68
01-02-2007, 03:22 PM
I recently purchased a trip using the kids fly free through Alaska Airlines, but should warn others on a few details, should you be thinking of using this promotion. First, there were a few blackout dates for flying on certain dates. Second, I first tried to book the package through Alaska Airlines, but it came out around $1000 more than when I went through the Disney Travel Co. (online). Ak Air also wanted me to pay for the entire package up front at the time I booked it, but Disney Online provided me with the ability to make payments. 3rd, both the PP and DLH were already sold out for some of the dates I wanted (April 13th - 17th).

hlbtimes2
01-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Yikes good through April? :eek: Does that mean when I am there the 7th-11th of March it will be slammed? I was hoping to go on an off date with my daughter before Spring Break starts. I already had a horrible time making hotel reservations because some NAM Conference is that weekend. I was counting on the park not being too crowded. Hmm.....

We were there that time period last year. It was busy, but not packed. Seems like a good portion of the people we met were from Canada. It was spring break time for them. We considered that time period again this year, but decided to wait for the warmer weather of late April/ early May.

hlbtimes2
01-03-2007, 09:58 AM
Aparently this special came out a bit early. United is not prepared to start booking kids fly free special yet. They said it could be a couple weeks before they advertise and start booking.

houseofmouse
01-03-2007, 11:13 AM
hbltimes,
Thanks does make me feel a little better about being there then. I don't mind busy, but packed no thanks!!:)

hlbtimes2
01-03-2007, 11:42 AM
Serial posting today......

After running some tests on the disney site here is what I discovered (same dates and flights used on each example) The example was for flights from San Antonio TX to SNA. The flights selected had "kids fly free" next to them.

2 Adults, BWPPI 5 nights, 5 day hoppers $1799.30 ($708 was airfare)
2 adults/ 1 child- same as above $2219 ( 965 air- thought kids fly free?)
2 adults/ 2 kids- same as above $2354 ($937 air- what? that doesn't add up at all! 2 kids are less airfare then one?)
2 adults/ 3 kids (one under 3 so no hopper) $2783 ($1366 air- again I ask WHAT?).

If you ask me it, if it was $1799 for two adults, it should be $2125 for 2 adults and 2 kids. The rate should go up by the cost of 2 hoppers (the room and hopper total reflect that) . The 3rd child would add about $350 in air, and doesnt require a ticket to the park. Bringing the total to about $2476. Why does it come out to over $300 more then that?