PDA

View Full Version : Aarrrggg! Sap Vent!

HBTiggerFan
05-26-2002, 05:27 PM
I am posting this here cause it doesn't really fit in the DL forum.

I go to school with this creep "J". Hes well into his 40s and is just creepy. He always loves to try to upshow me about Disneyland where I always prove him wrong.
Friday he tried to tell me that he doesn't need to get an SAP because he walks with a cane, and that he just gets to walk to the front of the lines and the CM is suppost to let anyone who does that or has a SAP on the ride with no wait. AND that the SAPs were good for up to 8 people.
I tried to explain that No, the pass is good for 6 people, and it is NOT a front of the line pass but a pass to have the CM make you more comfortable and the can technically make you wait the posted waiting time. And he went OFF on telling me how wrong I was and that they have to let you on the ride asap if you have the pass and how wrong I was and that both DL and DCA have differnet SAP policies. :confused: :rolleyes: How someone can be so stupid is beyond me. Last year he was arguing with me over AP prices and I brought up the DL website and was like SEE? YOUR WRONG!

Where can I get the wording on the pass or the policy so I can show him and say "I told you so" besides going to DL and getting a SAP (which I occasionally need)?

UGGG. OK, done venting now. stupid stupid people drive me crazy. espically J, hes a freak and a creep and is creepy.

mad4mky
05-26-2002, 05:34 PM
Maybe he is trying to impress you because he's hot for you?? :confused:

MouseWife
05-26-2002, 05:35 PM
And he's a freakin' creep. ;)

HBTiggerFan
05-26-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by mad4mky
Maybe he is trying to impress you because he's hot for you?? :confused:

Hes hot for any girl at that school. I can't even get into what hes asked some of the people I know, or discussed in the office that is sexual harrassment. Lets just say he pitched a HUGE fit when Sudnet Council (who has the final say) did not want to put a "speciality" shop on our vendor list because they deemed it inappropriate for the college to be associated with this type of shop. Thats why hes so creepy and freaky and I was going to quit my job if he won the studnet council election last semester for this upcomming year since I work in that office. Instead I campaigned against him and started a few rumors that were 110% true, just they didnt' come from me...you know the type.... I heard from so and so that so and so was ________ but they were all true :eek:

MonorailMan
05-27-2002, 01:09 AM
I hate "Know-It-All" people! There's this kid at school, says he knows everything about Disneyland. According to him, the HM walls go up, not floor goes down. Also, I got sick of his antics, so I saked him, "Ok, if you know everything, How many WDI created Hidden Mickeys are there on BTMR?", He Replyed "Easy, there's one", I then said "Ha, wrong, see the Hidden Mickey in the gears was CM created, because CMs got sick of people asking where Hidden Mickeys were, and then they would have to say 'None'."

He has yet to speak about DL to this very day! :)

Lani
05-27-2002, 12:34 PM
I've moved the thread to the correct forum. I'm sure Tony, AVP, or other knowledgeable person can provide you with the information you need, HB TF.

teri
05-27-2002, 02:46 PM
Don't you feel sorry for people like that? :rolleyes:

People who abuse the system and demand imaginary entitlements, and are obnoxious about it, make it much harder for the rest of us who really need the special assistance.

The "A" in SAP is for Assistance, not Access. The only people who are supposed to get get FOL Access are people who have life-threatening conditions and have special permission, who have gone through Make-A-Wish or Give Kids The World, or Dreams Foundation, and other similar organizations. I have been using the SAPs and GACs for 6 years now, and *many* times we have waited longer than folks in the standby line, especially when we were using a wheelchair. Sometimes when we are using an alternate entrance we get to board much sooner, but it definitely balances out over the day.

HBTiggerFan
05-27-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by lani
I've moved the thread to the correct forum. I'm sure Tony, AVP, or other knowledgeable person can provide you with the information you need, HB TF.

Thanks Lani,
I posted it in the lounge cause it was more of a vent about the moron at school than it was an issue about SAPs and wasn't really on topic IMHO for the TAG.

Lani
05-27-2002, 10:47 PM
HBTF, although the bulk of your post was a complaint about a schoolmate, the meat of your post:

"Where can I get the wording on the pass or the policy so I can show him and say "I told you so" besides going to DL and getting a SAP (which I occasionally need)?"

belongs here.

I hope someone here can help you with the information specifically. :)

teri
05-28-2002, 07:32 AM
Ok, I looked it up... look on Page 8 of the Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities, which can be downloaded from the official Disneyland Guest Services page from a tiny little link on the bottom of the page, found right here:
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/ResortInfo/GuestServices/index

I knew it was in there somewhere...

FantasmicFan82
06-05-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
UGGG. OK, done venting now. stupid stupid people drive me crazy. espically J, hes a freak and a creep and is creepy.
yeah, done, then an aftershock. HAHA!!!

Teri, to me that seemed more like Info on Wheelchairs and not SAP's... yeah, we all should know the diff.

teri
06-05-2002, 07:26 AM
If anyone here can find official written information, publically available, about the GAC or SAP, let me know. I started writing a FAQ about it 2 years ago and have had to rely on reports, talking with Guest Services and experienced attractions CMs, e-mails and personal experience. The official "Guidebooks" are the only information they hand out.

(If you want to see the FAQ in its current form, it is on my site, I would love feedback.)
http://pixiedustinn.com/disabilitiesfaq/GACFAQ.html