PDA

View Full Version : Rockin' Both Parks ad images - What do you think?

Darkbeer
01-01-2007, 12:20 PM
I have been impressed with many of the images created by Disney to help promote the parks, but these new images just don't do it for me....

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2299980 (http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/2299980)

So what do you think of these new images?

teach
01-01-2007, 12:46 PM
The ads look great. They work for me.

Squeaky
01-01-2007, 12:55 PM
The whole "Rockin' Both Parks" slogan just doesn't do it for me. I couldn't do any better, but with all those highly paid execs at Disney, I think they could have come up with a better name for the campaign. It just doesn't roll; it sounds strange, like it's missing something. The posters without words are kinda strange, too. It's a cool idea, and a cool project, and could be fun, but it feels a little half done to me. Just my humble $.02...

olegc
01-01-2007, 01:27 PM
they're ok - it seems that Disney is trying to attract the younger clientele (late teens to early 20s) by using more distinct images still with a Disney touch. The typical theme park ads include pictures of guests riding attractions -and I think they are trying something different to imply a new experience. It might work.

EDIT - my 13 yr old just told me she likes the images but they don't drive her to visit the parks simply for this event... so who knows. the survey sample (1) is not large enough to mean anything.

Gone2Disneyland
01-01-2007, 01:40 PM
My 2¢: I love the ears graphic. I think the DCA poster is better than the Space Mountain poster. But I think the execution of both park versions should have been much edgier and extreme. These seem safe (i.e., generic) to me. The speakers remind me of 70's rock posters, which I think they should've perhaps taken more of that inspiration from.

Btw thanks for posting them, Darkbeer.

screamin4ever
01-01-2007, 03:23 PM
They seem okay. This whole idea sounds too much like Rockin' the Bay concerts. I can't imagine anyone seriously returning to the parks just to ride the same rides with a new soundtrack. A.P.s yes. Full paying guests, no.

At least it is not as big a change as the Country Fair thing back in the 80's. Now they can just flip a switch and it's gone.

I predict there will be many complaints about Space Mountain not being Space Mountain by people who know nothing about this promotion and pay full price for a day in which they want to Ride Space Mountain not Rockin' Mountain---whatever.

Squeaky
01-01-2007, 03:26 PM
...I predict there will be many complaints about Space Mountain not being Space Mountain by people who know nothing about this promotion and pay full price for a day in which they want to Ride Space Mountain not Rockin' Mountain---whatever.

I thought they were "flipping the switch" at night time? :confused: Maybe this is just something I heard, or if that what was going on during the Grad Night thing last year... Well, people might still complain because they rode at night instead of during the day on their last day...

Gone2Disneyland
01-01-2007, 03:50 PM
^The original Rockit Mountain idea thrown around the Internet was to have the rock music version play only at night. But I think this new promotion has the rock music version playing both day and night. Only us Disney Internet geeks even have a clue about the nighttime only concept. :p

MouseWife
01-01-2007, 03:56 PM
I love Mickey made of speakers but I think the ads are a bit bland. Generic.

Thanks, Darkbeer, for again sharing. :cool:

ThemeParkAddictOfOC
01-01-2007, 09:06 PM
I think that (some) people were so clueless with the "2Fer" concept that this will be even harder to explain to them. That's my 2 cents.
They have to come back on a different day, but within 30 days and before April 20-something, right?
That's going to hold up the lines. I guarantee it.
I think that it appeals to a young crowd.

Rkkm
01-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Too hard edge for my taste .. but then I've never been a big Tomorrowland girl. I like my Disney cute and clever .. like the Halloween pumpkins that decorated the DL entry gates and the sand and shell snowman over in DCA.

Besides that, I'm a die-hard Elvis fan. So, if it was recorded after his death, forget it.

Thanks, Darkbeer ... I'm a fan of yours!

sixwoofys
01-02-2007, 02:52 AM
Awful. The entire (promotion?) lacks taste. It is sad that my kids will not be able to ride two of their favorite rides for months because someone at Disney thinks this deranged garbage passes for music. It is totally inappropriate. What about the kids? Disney used to be kid friendly. This is just alot of garbled noise and rudeness being passes off as...? (music?). ugh. You can bet we will file formal complaints upon each and every visit at City Hall. A refund and/or partial refund would be in order for those guests (and their children) who will not tolerate such vial, disgusting practices either now or in the future. Walt would NEVER allow this to happen to the kids whom he loved and cared for so much. I hope someone gets fired for this.
Sad. Very sad.