PDA

View Full Version : Wanted to know if Tinkerbell [is available for photos]

disneycanuk
12-31-2006, 03:41 PM
I am flying to disneyland in two days and the family can hardly wait but we are planning to get pictures of characters for the scrapbook and was wondering if tinkerbell is ever out or is that just a hope, the wife loves her and would be in her glory if I can set up a picture. and oh anything interesting happening the first couple of days too

Thank everyone in advance.

two days can hardly wait :)

potterphreak
12-31-2006, 03:47 PM
Tinkerbell never walks around to meet people and she's never in a spot where you can go find her. She's a fairy after all, and they are awful hard to catch! And photograph!! I don't know about the Christmas fireworks but Tink usually put in an appearance during the 50th fireworks. Worth asking for. Also, you can get a Kodak person to take your families picture in front of the castle holding your hands out and Tink MIGHT make an appearance in your purchased photo. Like I said, she's awful fast and you wouldn't see her until you saw the photo.

;)

Disney Vault
12-31-2006, 04:03 PM
Your timing is just off. She is in the RDCT firework show and even in the PoD parade. But because of the holiday season she is in neither. Your only option will be what potterphreak said about the Disney photo in front of the castle.

alexandrasmom
12-31-2006, 04:40 PM
Also, you can get a Kodak person to take your families picture in front of the castle holding your hands out and Tink MIGHT make an appearance in your purchased photo. Like I said, she's awful fast and you wouldn't see her until you saw the photo.

;)

They did this in a photo of my daughter in front of Goofy's Kitchen. They have an area in front of the entrance where they take professional pictures that you can buy. It might be worth asking for!

disneycanuk
12-31-2006, 06:05 PM
thanks everyone well looks like she'll get a photo somewhere so cheers and next stop cali.

ktrm
01-01-2007, 12:09 AM
If you get the photopass card at Disneyland and DCA and order your pictures from the photopass website from home on your computer, tinkerbell is one of the options for a background enhancement. I did this and the pictures came out cute.

julbright
01-01-2007, 06:29 AM
just grab a Disney Photographer and tell him/her you want the photo holding her - they posed my kids hands to have tink put into the photo in processing - it is cute and the only way you will get a photo WITH Tink...

mjjpower
01-01-2007, 03:07 PM
How much do the professional pictures cost? I never knew this was an option...but have only been to Disneyland 4 times (in my 40 years!)...we're on our way for trip number 5 next week!

someimagination
01-02-2007, 12:39 AM
Not to blow the whistle too soon but from what I've heard they may have some fairy friends of Tinkerbell's stop by Disneyland soon.. probably around the time that the new Tinkerbell movie is set to come out. Apparently they may replace the former spot of the princesses in front of the castle. I haven't heard if they're also bringing Tinkerbell or just her friends from the book.. Just count it as a rumor since I haven't seen any solid evidence.. just word of mouth around Disney :)

jillshumway
01-02-2007, 05:59 AM
In disney california in the building that they do Turtle talk there is a wall that has a painting of tink if you hold your hand right it looks like she is in your hand. We did it and it looks cute I didn't know we could have it done by a photographer.

MammaSilva
01-02-2007, 06:10 AM
You can have tink magically appear in the palm of your (or anyone in your pictures) Hand, all you have to do is ask the photographer and they will help you pose correctly, then when you go online you can use the program to put her in the picture. Until the new photopass it was an option that they did automatically at the photoshop on Main Street, I don't know about DCA photos.

potterphreak
01-02-2007, 10:51 AM
How much do the professional pictures cost? I never knew this was an option...but have only been to Disneyland 4 times (in my 40 years!)...we're on our way for trip number 5 next week!

I believe for a 5x7 and 4 wallets it cost us $15 or $20. I can't remember FOR SURE so I'm going to give myself a cushion and say "under $30 FOR SURE". LOL Hope you have a magical time!!

And about the fairy friends coming to DL, that would be amazing!! My 7 year old and I read all the fairy books this summer! We went to the Disney store in October and they had fairy DOLLS and what was funny, my DD and I look at each other and at the same time say "they got so-and-so wrong!" LOL They had put all of the BECK fairies into PRILLA boxes. We're such goony-birds! LMAO!!!!!

mulansgirl
01-02-2007, 10:56 AM
I heard the same rumor about the faries replacing princess fantasy faire. But I cannot remember where I heard the rumor, and there was no time frame it is suposedly going to happen. But that I would wait in line to see.

someimagination
01-02-2007, 10:08 PM
From what I've heard it may be sometime later this year... and I believe it would be infront of the castle where the princesses normally were... though supposedly something was going to be going on with the PFF but they've been very hush about it

geoffa
01-03-2007, 05:34 AM
Just to confirm what Mamma Silva said:
They take photos of you as you enter the park. Put out your hand and when you collect the photo Tink is on your hand thus:

http://www.sca-group.co.uk/personal/darrin/tink%20on%20hand.jpg