PDA

View Full Version : Autopia

emilousmom
12-31-2006, 11:51 AM
Maybe this has been discussed, if so... sorry in advance but anyone else think they will change autopia to a CARS theme ride?? The hubs and I were discussing this in bed last night( I know, exciting life we lead! Better then our whole Teanage Mutan Ninja Turtle talk one night!) and I said that I see them pulling all those cars soon and replacing them with cars from the movie, making it a race car ride. I mean, it would be cost effective, and that movie is pretty popular. Maybe hav ea couple Lightings, Maytar, ect and then other race car type things.

I know most of us here are all for keeping the old things, but life is about change and obviously Disney is doing that. I personally don't wear the same underwear from 10 years ago, so change can be good!

So, what do you all think????

Angela

yenko427
12-31-2006, 11:54 AM
Count me in..........Piston Cup 500 baby!!!!

disneyhound
12-31-2006, 02:19 PM
I could see that happening also, they could swap out the fiberglass bodies on the vehicle and update some of the theme extras along your route, and you have a new autopia...

disneyroxxx
12-31-2006, 02:24 PM
aren't they doing a cars themed ride in DCA? called midway mania, right?

not sure, but i like your idea. if disney does change autopia into a cars themed ride, that means even longer lines!

Disney Vault
12-31-2006, 02:54 PM
They can do this at WDW. Their TL is already so messed up. But DL still has a little more TL theming in TL so I hope we don't ever see it become a Cars ride. I would much rather have the Cars ride they are talking about for DCA.

The Real Cinderella
12-31-2006, 04:35 PM
I agree ... Cars belongs in DCA (See my Paradise Bay post for a more detailed rant.)

However, it is Tomorrowland, afterall, so I would like to see more futuristic cars. A ride update is a good idea. If I'm not mistaken, they did one in the late late 90's ... it's still a litte recent to revamp it again, but that is the trouble with Tomorrowland ... tomorrow keeps catching up to them. But I would be sad to see it go the way of Cars, because the theming of the land would be compromised.

That being said, Cars is hilarious, I laughed so hard I had stomach pains, and I'm excited to see what the DCA attraction will be like. Every time something new gets added to that park, I like it more and more.

Bytebear
01-01-2007, 10:12 AM
I just want the cars to be electric, so you don't have all that noise!

DisneyDustin22
01-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Count me in..........Piston Cup 500 baby!!!!

He did what in his cup?

;)

eds905
01-01-2007, 11:44 AM
I just want the cars to be electric, so you don't have all that noise!

WHAT!!?!?!? that is like the coolest sound in the world! :p
They should either go to NGVs, H2 or electric.

Squeaky
01-01-2007, 01:16 PM
...The hubs and I were discussing this in bed last night (I know, exciting life we lead! Better then our whole Teanage Mutan Ninja Turtle talk one night!) ...

LOL you're not alone on this one!! Sean and I have these kinds of discussions all the time, and we actuallly had this one too!! We saw Cars and instantly thought, "Autopia...." It seems like such a no-brainer on Disney's part, a super quick "bring more people (as if it needs more popularity.. we stay away because of the lines! lol) to Autopia" scheme. They wouldn't need to do much to the ride, and it would draw in quite a few more people. I think it would rock!

BayAreaDisneyFan
01-01-2007, 06:13 PM
I just wish they'd bring back the "Congratulations" driver's licenses. We were unaware of the change until our visit last month. We'd been extremely luck in the past - one in our family of five always wins...a couple of times two winners. So the kids almost take it for granted that one of us will win - it got to be more WHO will win rather than WILL someone win.

This last trip - no winners after four rides...we finally asked the CM handing out the licenses (we couldn't be THAT unlucky) and he told us they don't do that anymore.

Oh well...at least we get to say "I remember when they used to give away toy cars on this ride" (Astonished listener: "NO WAY!!!!")